Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #1481
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Isn't NHL trade rumors about the worst site out there?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #1482
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original FFIV View Post
Don’t shoot the messenger.

According to on NHL executive, the Rangers could be busy this upcoming off season:
I see New York on the brink. They have some young talent all over their lineup and it's time to add another scorer. Jack Eichel would cost too much, but someone like Johnny Gaudreau could cost a little bit less, and the Rangers may be rich enough to handle a trade like this. Georgiev, and one of their young D - maybe a Anthony Deangelo, throw in a draft-pick and that would be an interesting package for the Flames to mull over. Keep an eye on the Rangers.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/0...offer.html?m=1
If BT did that trade he should be run out of town. No thank you.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #1483
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

DeAngelo is a bit of a D-bag isn't he?

Other than that he kind of fits, the Flames need another good young RHD, and preferably one who can generate offense from the back end because that was sorely lacking. Problem is he'd give the Flames their 4th Dman they need to protect.

They could also use a good young goalie like Georgiev to platoon with Rittich, but again, if they both play well you might lose one to expansion.

I mean, you need to improve the team where it's needed, but you do have to weigh the expansion draft into your decisions. You don't want to leave massive holes in the line up, but you also don't want to watch a key piece you traded assets for this off season, walk away for diddly squat next off season.

I'm going to be glad when there is no more expansion.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #1484
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's just a list of players that the Rangers would like to move on from. Interesting for Scorp to mention that take on DeAngelo. His name has popped up a bit, over time, and I couldn't figure out why.

NYR fans might not like it, but without names like Andersson (LW/C), Kravtsov (RW), and Nils Lundqvist (RD) being mentioned, it's not a real offer. All three are knocking on the door, and are expansion exempt.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:59 PM   #1485
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I honestly don't think Lias Andersson holds a ton of trade value right now. He screams Swedish Curtis Lazar to me. And Kravtsov has also really plummeted in the last 12 months.

I'd want K'Andre Miller, and I'd want Filip Chytil, and I'd want Georgiev. That's what it would take.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:08 PM   #1486
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I honestly don't think Lias Andersson holds a ton of trade value right now. He screams Swedish Curtis Lazar to me. And Kravtsov has also really plummeted in the last 12 months.

I'd want K'Andre Miller, and I'd want Filip Chytil, and I'd want Georgiev. That's what it would take.
Agreed, I'd also be willing to take the better of their first rounders instead of Miller, assuming it doesn't win the lotto.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #1487
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Andersson never had a ton of offensive upside and still doesn't.
Frankly there's not a ton I like from the Rangers. I like what Philly, Buffalo or NJ could potentially offer instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2020, 09:32 PM   #1488
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Andersson never had a ton of offensive upside and still doesn't.
Frankly there's not a ton I like from the Rangers. I like what Philly, Buffalo or NJ could potentially offer instead.
I would add the Blue Jackets and The Islanders to the list of potential suitors. Both teams have been known to be looking to add a significant piece over the past year or so.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:41 PM   #1489
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
I would add the Blue Jackets and The Islanders to the list of potential suitors. Both teams have been known to be looking to add a significant piece over the past year or so.
Yeah good call.
There's a few guys I'd be interested in on the Isle.

Islanders:
Sorokin (he's NHL ready but the russian factor in light of COVID is a risk - he could stay over there for another 1-2 years)
Dobson
Wahlstrom

Not really any centres though.
CBJ - less sure they have the pieces I'd want.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:46 PM   #1490
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Regarding the Rangers...

Correct if I am wrong but were the Flames not super high on Matthew Robertson?

What about a package like Andersson, Buchnevich and Robertson for Gaudreau?

Regardless of other posters feelings on Lias Andersson I think he has all it takes to be a good 2nd line Center. With Backlund to push him and mentor him I see no downside.

Buchnevich is that winger we want. Big Fast Strong and is just about to hit his stride and Robertson, well if the Flames coveted him at the draft, no reason to see why they wouldn't value him now.
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2020, 09:48 PM   #1491
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Yeah good call.
There's a few guys I'd be interested in on the Isle.

Islanders:
Sorokin (he's NHL ready but the russian factor in light of COVID is a risk - he could stay over there for another 1-2 years)
Dobson
Wahlstrom

Not really any centres though.
CBJ - less sure they have the pieces I'd want.
Sorokin is a Dream scenario. I could him sign in CGY knowing how Canada has handled Covid. Its a thing we can use. Then again so is Georgiev. And Wahlstrom is all scoring. Does it.translate to the NHL though?
Old 07-11-2020, 09:49 PM   #1492
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Regarding the Rangers...

Correct if I am wrong but were the Flames not super high on Matthew Robertson?

What about a package like Andersson, Buchnevich and Robertson for Gaudreau?

Regardless of other posters feelings on Lias Andersson I think he has all it takes to be a good 2nd line Center. With Backlund to push him and mentor him I see no downside.

Buchnevich is that winger we want. Big Fast Strong and is just about to hit his stride and Robertson, well if the Flames coveted him at the draft, no reason to see why they wouldn't value him now.
There were rumors they were, but then they didn't take him with their first, though perhaps they didn't value him that highly and didn't have a second to use on him.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:49 PM   #1493
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What about the Habs? Poehling and Kotkaniemi are centers.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:50 PM   #1494
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
What about the Habs? Poehling and Kotkaniemi are centers.
I think they are unlikely to trade Kotkaniemi and Poehling's upside is a 3rd line centre.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #1495
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wahlstrom is really sliding into Dal colle territory.

Dobson would be fantastic but I think they'd rather hang onto him.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #1496
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nils Lundqvist doesn't get much press because he is playing in Sweden, but it would be wrong to sleep on this guy. He is pretty much on par with Rasmus Sandin of the Leafs. RH RD.

Vitali Kravtsov was considered one of the best drafted players in the world last year. He went to the KHL and had a horrible time, where his confidence cratered. He cut strings there and came back to the AHL for the last half of the season. Last year this guy was untouchable, and now might be the only shot to get him.

Love Filip Chytil, but I don't think that the Rangers would move him.

Andersson, Buchnevich, Georgiev, 1st rounder.... all valuable add-ons. If the Rangers decided to throw caution to the wind and go get Johnny, they do have the pieces.

There's about eight great landing spots for Johnny. There should be a sweepstakes if he is officially put on the market.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #1497
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Other Islanders of interest for me are Otto Koivula and Simon Holmstrom
Old 07-11-2020, 09:59 PM   #1498
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Could say eff it and see if Minny wants to part with Adam Beckman and Alexander Khovanov. I WANT that!
Old 07-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #1499
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

How about Kaprizov?
Old 07-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #1500
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
How about Kaprizov?