Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #7761
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
This isn't exactly a new approach though. Remember W and his "Axis of Evil"? N.Korea has been under threat, either real or imagined, for decades. They understand that Trump is bluffing and it's only strengthening their resolve. I'm not 100% sure what the solution to the North Korea problem is but I'm 100% sure "Fire and Fury" isn't it.
The problem is that N. Korea has been bluffing the world for decades and its working. The solution is certainly not pre-preemptively dropping bombs but as we've seen with Trump, he's a guy that loves to distract with other tactics in mind.

The solution has to come from the Leadership in and around the Korean peninsula. They need to publicly bind together to show they will no longer stand for this nonsense. It can no longer just be the USA leading the charge in this standoff with the odd cream puff statement from the others.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #7762
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

As if Trump couldn't look even more like Putin's lapdog. Trump, on Putin expelling American diplomats:

"I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I’m concerned I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...plomats-241498

Last edited by octothorp; 08-10-2017 at 07:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #7763
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

CNN finally #### cans Jeffrey Lord. Only took a Nazi reference to do the trick, but mercifully he's done. Off to TrumpTV I'd imagine with that blonde chick who's name I've thankfully already forgotten.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #7764
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
As if Trump couldn't look even more like Putin's lapdog. Trump, on putting expelling American diplomats:

"I want to thank him because we池e trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I知 concerned I知 very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll."

Well, to Trump, diplomacy comes in 140 characters or less.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #7765
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As if Trump couldn't look even more like Putin's lapdog. Trump, on putting expelling American diplomats:

"I want to thank him because we池e trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I知 concerned I知 very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll."

Well thanks for effectively confirming the piss tape is real Donnie. His cultists are predictably praising his incredible humor.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #7767
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
CNN finally #### cans Jeffrey Lord. Only took a Nazi reference to do the trick, but mercifully he's done. Off to TrumpTV I'd imagine with that blonde chick who's name I've thankfully already forgotten.
This is excellent news. That dude is such a d-bag.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #7768
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
guy was a sickening apologist for Trump... made CNN unwatchable... in the meantime

A former GOP Senator just hammered Trump today on CNN... waiting for Trump to attack him on twitter if he hasn't already

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...-lead-intv.cnn
Old 08-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #7769
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Ironically he was calling someone else a Nazi in the tweet that got him fired. Good riddance, but CNN still sucks even with him gone.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #7770
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have nothing to add to nik's post other than it might be the greatest (and most terrifying) post of the year.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #7771
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So yeah Trump just retweeted a poll from....Zogby Analytics....that still shows him underwater (45% approval/50%disapproval). Goddamn it I wish nukes weren't involved in this equation, this #### is getting funnier and funnier if you remove the annihilation element.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #7772
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have nothing to add to nik's post other than it might be the greatest (and most terrifying) post of the year.
Carole Bayer Sager did something similar on her Insta account, but swapped Jr and Eric's faces around. Holy hell, one lady just wigged out, tried to shame troll her. I laughed pretty hard about it and she tried to messge me, to freak out at me for laughing, no doubt. I just ignored. People got some tetchy drawers about even the mildest pokes at these fools.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #7773
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

MILDLY CONCERNING

http://globalnews.ca/news/3659694/ji...edium=Facebook
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-10-2017, 07:30 PM   #7774
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I'm sure most countries have a bunch of people who are dumb, terrible at geography, and walking the streets who they can edit into a package.

I used to find these hilarious, but now I just find them tedious.
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #7775
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know, hence the all caps, I was just laughing at the people who went with Canada. OH DEAR
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #7776
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #7777
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I know, hence the all caps, I was just laughing at the people who went with Canada. OH DEAR
I suspect in some cases people are picking awful choices because they know that's how you get on the air. If you get it right, they aren't showing that.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #7778
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unless you get it super duper right. If you're the know it all who talks about where Pyongyang is relative to Seoul and the problems with the timeline of the use of military force and geopolitical implications, you get to be the supergenius they put on at the end to make the rest of them look even dumber and get a cheer from the crowd who are like "yeah, I knew that".
Old 08-11-2017, 01:46 AM   #7779
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
As if Trump couldn't look even more like Putin's lapdog. Trump, on Putin expelling American diplomats:

hola! I literally laughed out loud when I read that.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:30 AM   #7780
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You do realize these so called Trump supporters are mostly just paid actors of sorts and are hand picked because they are long time conservative members with thick skin and smart enough to put up sort of a debate, Lord is a political author who worked under Reagan and was on his short list for COS and assuming the blonde chick you speak of is Kayleigh McEnany, she just happens to be a lawyer who recently graduated from Harvard Law School

Money talks and CNN has lots of it
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms