Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-23-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2022/23 Season Ticket Renewals

If my math is correct, up 15.6% in the blacks compared to last year. Oof.

I suppose the extra revenue will help pay for Johnny’s and Chucky’s contract extensions.

Good decision to give STHers an option to purchase additional playoff tickets this year as well…
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:35 PM   #2
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
up 15.6% in the blacks compared to last year. Oof.
Arizona Coyote Territory
jmac98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:50 PM   #3
zarrell
First Line Centre

Exp:

Up over 10% in the blues. This is the first time I'll have to seriously consider dropping them after nearly 20 years. Everyone seems to think they can charge 10 or 20% more because of inflation, but my income is not going up...

zarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zarrell For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2022, 01:19 PM   #4
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got my invoice and not sure how to cancel. I am done after this year so waiting to hear back from my rep.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:42 PM   #5
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am in the greens and they went up by 10.5%. Taking the cost and dividing it by 41 games, the STH cost is now $123.35 per pair, per game. This is likely my last year. At the minimum I will be giving up 2 of my 4 tickets. I have been contemplating giving them up for a few years, but held onto them for guaranteed playoff tickets, and to get priority in the new arena. With the new arena being nowhere near breaking ground, never mind being completed, that's not keeping me there anymore.

I went to 10 games this year, so I am still getting to the Dome, but it's pretty easy to buy tickets on the secondary, and even the primary market, for most games. My first year as a STH was 2006-07. My pair in the greens cost me $58.74 per game, so over the 15 seasons they have risen 110%, or about 7.3% per year. The 2019-20 season was the first year greens were over $100 per pair, per game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2022, 01:54 PM   #6
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I am in the greens and they went up by 10.5%. Taking the cost and dividing it by 41 games, the STH cost is now $123.35 per pair, per game. This is likely my last year. At the minimum I will be giving up 2 of my 4 tickets. I have been contemplating giving them up for a few years, but held onto them for guaranteed playoff tickets, and to get priority in the new arena. With the new arena being nowhere near breaking ground, never mind being completed, that's not keeping me there anymore.

I went to 10 games this year, so I am still getting to the Dome, but it's pretty easy to buy tickets on the secondary, and even the primary market, for most games. My first year as a STH was 2006-07. My pair in the greens cost me $58.74 per game, so over the 15 seasons they have risen 110%, or about 7.3% per year. The 2019-20 season was the first year greens were over $100 per pair, per game.

$123.35 per pair, per game.doesn't sound too bad, stay man, by keeping our season tickets it will help sign players, help assure we get a new building etc

the way the team is playing its worth 10-15% increase imo
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 03:25 PM   #7
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Do these renewal costs include the 4 preseason games too?

First time season ticket holder this year, and last year had half season in Red 2 section, and my cost was about $278/game for my 2 seats. With my new pricing, based on 22 games, I’m getting about $285/game for the pair (3% increase).

Without the preseason games (and based on 20 games) it looks to be about $314 a game or 13% increase

Also, if anyone is giving up any full season whites I would gladly be willing to take them off your hands if possible before relocations happen if possible!!! It would nice to move back a bit to cheaper seats but upgrade to a full season
Demzy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 03:58 PM   #8
Prince of Inglewood
Draft Pick

If you had a half-season you paid for 2 exhibition games. If you had a full season , you paid for 4 exhibition games. Theres no getting around it . I have suggested to the Flames that they donate the exhibition games to a number of charities and add the cost of the exhibition tickets to our regular season tickets. I havent been to an exhibition game in years and they are next to impossible to sell on the secondary market.
Prince of Inglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 04:36 PM   #9
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Inglewood View Post
If you had a half-season you paid for 2 exhibition games. If you had a full season , you paid for 4 exhibition games. Theres no getting around it . I have suggested to the Flames that they donate the exhibition games to a number of charities and add the cost of the exhibition tickets to our regular season tickets. I havent been to an exhibition game in years and they are next to impossible to sell on the secondary market.
So if these renewal costs include the preseason games, I’m thinking that these prices haven’t gone up as much as people think they have. Big difference dividing by 45 than 41
Demzy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:21 PM   #10
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My greens and oranges both around 10%. Makes the greens seats go from $50 to $55. I was hoping for $53 so $2 is not the end of the world. The team should be very competitive next year.
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:30 PM   #11
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demzy84 View Post
So if these renewal costs include the preseason games, I’m thinking that these prices haven’t gone up as much as people think they have. Big difference dividing by 45 than 41
Big difference between an exhibition game and a game that matters. Real market value of an exhibition ticket is maybe 25$
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 06:15 PM   #12
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I’m fairly sure this it and I’m cancelling. Also not comfortable with the fact that payments/renewals seem to be May 16th, and Johnny/Chucky aren’t signed.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 03:31 AM   #13
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demzy84 View Post
If you divide this year's prices by 45, and next year's prices by 45, the percentage increase is exactly the same as if you divided both numbers by 41.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Yeah, I’m fairly sure this it and I’m cancelling. Also not comfortable with the fact that payments/renewals seem to be May 16th, and Johnny/Chucky aren’t signed.
Clearly what the Flames need to do is get swept in the first round so they can get on with those contract negotiations before May 16.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:44 AM   #14
Mayo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

To anyone considering cancelling - post your seat locations

If anyone's current seats are a material upgrade from mine - I would pay for their rights rather than participate annual rat race
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mayo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #15
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

NM it looks like last years invoice is wrong due to the moved games. Orange is up around 10 percent

Last edited by ST20; 04-24-2022 at 10:33 AM.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:27 AM   #16
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If my math is close it looks like whites are up 6.2%. Anyone figured theirs out?
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:39 AM   #17
iggyntangs
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
You can always cancel after. You could cancel later into Summer and they'd refund you your money. In case you did want to stay and see how the off season unfolds.
iggyntangs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggyntangs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2022, 10:40 AM   #18
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

If there are people giving up seats in greens, orange or press level row 1 please send me a pm with location and prices. I’d be interested in taking over season tickets for 2 seats.

Thanks
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 12:02 PM   #19
Mickey76
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrell View Post
Up over 10% in the blues. This is the first time I'll have to seriously consider dropping them after nearly 20 years. Everyone seems to think they can charge 10 or 20% more because of inflation, but my income is not going up...
This.
I am not a season ticket holder and I don’t necessarily blame the flames but in general am I so sick of everyone raising their prices 15-20% because of “inflation” I get it’s real and it is high but not that high and certainly not affecting every single industry.
Mickey76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mickey76 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #20
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me in the PL 1st row it did go up close to 9%, but that is based on 21-22 only having 2 preseason games. I expect at least 4 for 22-23. So it looks like $1.54 increase a game for the pair of tickets. I think that is completely reasonable.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote