Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-01-2021, 07:16 AM   #21
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chris Scott of the Whistlestop, after being fined by the courts and given a court order to basically shut the #### up(which he is appealing on free speech grounds). Facebook continues to give this lying piece of #### a platform to continue lying. Our social media companies are complicit in this.

I know everyone balked at the Liberals bill to "police" the internet, but the more of this garbage continues, the more I think they may be on to something. This trash is incredibly harmful to society, and ends up costing us tax dollars to care for people who are swindle by the misinformation and end up in the hospitals. Time to de-platform these ####ers.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #22
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can also remove their platform and better your own mental health by deleting social media. I haven't had Facebook for a few months yet and I feel much better already, I don't miss it at all.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:13 AM   #23
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I don't have social media at all. I just get curious and looked to see what the #######s are up to occasionally. It's so toxic, yet so many people are on it daily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #24
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
You can also remove their platform and better your own mental health by deleting social media. I haven't had Facebook for a few months yet and I feel much better already, I don't miss it at all.
You can also just remove nonsense from your feeds and it will eventually get better, but the algorithms will always eventually try to lead you into the pile of trash.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #25
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
You can also just remove nonsense from your feeds and it will eventually get better, but the algorithms will always eventually try to lead you into the pile of trash.
I've unfollowed everyone on my friends list and only follow a few car groups and our community page. That's it. Anything else is out of sight, out of mind.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #26
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Chris Scott of the Whistlestop, after being fined by the courts and given a court order to basically shut the #### up(which he is appealing on free speech grounds). Facebook continues to give this lying piece of #### a platform to continue lying. Our social media companies are complicit in this.

I know everyone balked at the Liberals bill to "police" the internet, but the more of this garbage continues, the more I think they may be on to something. This trash is incredibly harmful to society, and ends up costing us tax dollars to care for people who are swindle by the misinformation and end up in the hospitals. Time to de-platform these ####ers.
That page is a trainwreck, pun intended. I particularly like when he posted an abstract with no accompanying peer-reviewed paper that had a notice of concern on it from the journal itself. Radically stupid, but they just lap it up as proof that vaccinating children is akin to child sacrifice.

Meanwhile he's been spotted getting vaccinated so he can tour Canada with the likes of Chris Sky and the Pawlowskis, spreading misinformation on other people's dime.

As for his sentence, he and the Pawloskis successfully appealed the 'compelled speech' portion, which was silly and useless to begin with. They all deserved a jail stint, especially Scott as he's deathly afraid of it after his weekend stay in the Spring.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #27
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
That page is a trainwreck, pun intended. I particularly like when he posted an abstract with no accompanying peer-reviewed paper that had a notice of concern on it from the journal itself. Radically stupid, but they just lap it up as proof that vaccinating children is akin to child sacrifice.

Meanwhile he's been spotted getting vaccinated so he can tour Canada with the likes of Chris Sky and the Pawlowskis, spreading misinformation on other people's dime.

As for his sentence, he and the Pawloskis successfully appealed the 'compelled speech' portion, which was silly and useless to begin with. They all deserved a jail stint, especially Scott as he's deathly afraid of it after his weekend stay in the Spring.
What kind of clown would listen to Chris Sky?

That guy could tell me that the sky was blue and because he's such an idiot I'd be inclined to double-check.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:28 PM   #28
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
What kind of clown would listen to Chris Sky?

That guy could tell me that the sky was blue and because he's such an idiot I'd be inclined to double-check.
The whole lot of them are that way. Chris Scott, Chris Sky, Pat King, Benita Pederson, the Pawloskis, KJJ, the Angry Albertan, and on and on. And they all have such intense in-fighting that they have splintered their "movement" into 5 or 6 factions, all pointing the finger and calling the others nutcases.

Were they not so violently abrasive to society and predators to the vulnerable they would be comical.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #29
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1490827367753056257

Ol' Elon, sowing the seeds of discontent.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #30
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I would agree except the one thing brexit taught me was you have to push back and challenge the numpties on social media, without push back these ideas gain momentum like a snowball picking up idiots on the way that prior to reading it on facebook never cared
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:08 PM   #31
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1490827367753056257

Ol' Elon, sowing the seeds of discontent.
#### him. Go cozy up to the CCP. He acts like such a bad boy but bends the knee to Xi
Old 02-07-2022, 07:10 PM   #32
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did anyone else just get 3 shiny pamphlets from the JCCF on Covid stuffed in their mailbox? This is infuriating. It's bad enough this trash exists on the internet, now they are handing out "information" flyers that look official, that are bound to confuse and misinform people.

Are their any laws against this sort of thing? I'd really like to file a complaint somewhere, this is going to make controlling covid all that much more difficult.
No. The only propaganda we get in our mailbox is the stupid mailer from our more useless than Ottawa police MP. We refused all fliers years ago, and requested that only items with our names on them be delivered to our mailbox. The MP crap only shows up because apparently they're legally required to put it in the mailbox, regardless of whether or not it's addressed. I rip it up & put it in recycling unless there's something he's asking and wants a response on - so I respond and mail it back, though I don't imagine he ever likes my response.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:58 PM   #33
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I would agree except the one thing brexit taught me was you have to push back and challenge the numpties on social media, without push back these ideas gain momentum like a snowball picking up idiots on the way that prior to reading it on facebook never cared
While that is an important discussion to have, I've personally found its an exercise in futility. I also value my own happiness and mental well being more than having that same conversation over and over and social media had a very draining effect on me. But your position is understandable.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:29 AM   #34
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Do Your Own Research

https://radio.seti.org/episodes/skep...r-own-research

Quote:
Scientists are increasingly finding their expertise questioned by non-experts who claim they’ve done their own “research.” Whether advocating Ivermectin to treat Covid, insisting that climate change is a hoax, or asserting that the Earth is flat, doubters are now dismissed by being told to “do your own research!” But is a wiki page evidence? What about a YouTube video? What happens to our quest for truth along the way? Plus, a science historian goes to a Flat Earth convention to talk reason.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #35
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1512439876339343361

Hell yes. Prepare for a really angry Ezra.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2022, 12:50 PM   #36
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1512433665674031112

I had no idea they were also pretending to be a charity. Hope they hire Lionel Hutz for this joke of a lawsuit.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:36 PM   #37
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised they didn’t become a church instead.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 12:24 PM   #38
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1512433665674031112

I had no idea they were also pretending to be a charity. Hope they hire Lionel Hutz for this joke of a lawsuit.
Just for clarity, they aren’t pretending to be a charity, this tweet is kind of silly for using that example. All RJOs can provide tax receipts.
Old 04-10-2022, 07:08 PM   #39
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Misinformation

Nm
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:42 PM   #40
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1570183715539791872

Angry peddlers of misinformation Rebel get sued for doing what they do every day. Prepare for the fundraiser!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: