Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2023, 04:53 PM   #1201
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
It's the need for at least another proper Prem level central midfielder; as United exited Pogba, Pereira, Mata, + the failed development of Garner. While they brought in two world beaters, McFred as a fallback may work against League 1's and Championship clubs, but not within the Prem. They're gonna mile out Eriksen and his bum heart at this rate, and should've had a contingency for the failed FdJ pursuit. I just don't see it in Hannibal nor Iqbal.
Thing is with most of them players it was an established proven fact that they were far from good enough or past their peak.

And the main gripe was that they were taking up places on the bench that would have been better served by academy players. Prime example being Mata

Sure it was maybe bad business that they left for nowt. But I'm ok with the replacements so far. There has to come a time where the youngsters are given a decent crack at showing what they've got. I'd rather that and learn from it than rushing out to sign bit parts.

Only thing they haven't been able to replace is dressing room dance clips after a loss or whilst out injured.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd rather be hitting this 10 in 30 stretch with the youngsters and learning what we have there as opposed to more proven average players where we already know that what we are getting is not good enough.

Despite this evening where he bizarrely got MOM I'm with you on Antony. Still not sold on him at all, price considering.

Sancho? No idea wtf is going on there. Really strange situation. The silver lining in all of it has been how well the club have kept things under wraps.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:21 PM   #1202
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welp, despite my concerns for proper depth, Eriksen’s sub was due to an injury. Mctominay apparently too, which is why he didn’t start. Hopefully he’s good for the return leg with Forrest, which should be an easy run out.

It’s the only position I’m beating the drum on. Should probably recall Hannibal then.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:05 PM   #1203
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

An injury caused by a dirty Andy Carroll scissor tackle that went unpunished.

Ince should have had him off. Every man and his dog could see he was a red card in the makin'g.

Forest game thankfully is a pretty much nothing game. Would nearly be tempted to start Brandon Williams. Not because he's worthy of a place but to give AWB a game off.

Looking at that fixture list the good thing is with the exception of Barcelona and assuming short hop down the road to the Leeds everything is at home.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:10 PM   #1204
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
An injury caused by a dirty Andy Carroll scissor tackle that went unpunished.

Ince should have had him off. Every man and his dog could see he was a red card in the makin'g.

Forest game thankfully is a pretty much nothing game. Would nearly be tempted to start Brandon Williams. Not because he's worthy of a place but to give AWB a game off.

Looking at that fixture list the good thing is with the exception of Barcelona and assuming short hop down the road to the Leeds everything is at home.
It’s like he was looking for a departure, so as not to stick around for a bollocking.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 05:34 AM   #1205
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't even know that Andy Carroll was still playing, but not surprised he's still a massive dickhead.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 09:08 AM   #1206
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

what a goal to knock liverpool out!

https://twitter.com/user/status/ht1619728180872613888

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:19 AM   #1207
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Wrexham/Sheffield game is crazy. About ten minutes to go, 2-2.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:28 AM   #1208
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
This Wrexham/Sheffield game is crazy. About ten minutes to go, 2-2.
Mullin!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:32 AM   #1209
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Oh no, late equalizer!

Old 01-29-2023, 11:32 AM   #1210
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh wow, insane. Wrexham got robbed of a clear penalty earlier, but this is a great game for a neutral.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:32 AM   #1211
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

3-3! This is wild.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-29-2023, 12:34 PM   #1212
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Oh wow, insane. Wrexham got robbed of a clear penalty earlier, but this is a great game for a neutral.
yeah but I'm not sure that was a red card either. no var

Old 01-29-2023, 01:10 PM   #1213
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
yeah but I'm not sure that was a red card either. no var
When they showed the replay I didn't actually see what happened there, but the 4th official was right there and the commentators were saying it was the right call. Honestly, no one seemed to put up any question that it shouldn't be red? That was 100% a penalty though.

I know there's no VAR, but is there none at all, or was that just in that particular stadium?
Old 01-29-2023, 01:18 PM   #1214
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When they showed the replay I didn't actually see what happened there, but the 4th official was right there and the commentators were saying it was the right call. Honestly, no one seemed to put up any question that it shouldn't be red? That was 100% a penalty though.

I know there's no VAR, but is there none at all, or was that just in that particular stadium?
Yes.

In that Stadium there is no dude with a TV and a PVR.

I didnt see the incident but I just find the VAR status of 'Sometimes...it depends' to be a little ridiculous?

Old 01-29-2023, 01:19 PM   #1215
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

VAR only in Premier League stadiums, so only 9 of the 16 matches this week.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:28 PM   #1216
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yes.

In that Stadium there is no dude with a TV and a PVR.

I didnt see the incident but I just find the VAR status of 'Sometimes...it depends' to be a little ridiculous?
Yeah, it's dumb. Like how do you have a competition and the rules are different depending on how the draw goes? Just eliminate VAR entirely for it (which would be better anyway). I am surprised about the goal line tech though, but I don't know what's involved in setting that up.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:43 PM   #1217
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, it's dumb. Like how do you have a competition and the rules are different depending on how the draw goes? Just eliminate VAR entirely for it (which would be better anyway). I am surprised about the goal line tech though, but I don't know what's involved in setting that up.
I dont think much, a sensor on the goal line, in the ball and connecting the ref's watch?

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 04:51 PM   #1218
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Yeah but the FA Cup starts in like Airdrie.

Old 01-29-2023, 04:54 PM   #1219
Tuco
Scoring Winger

Exp:

nvm wrong thread
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 06:24 PM   #1220
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Yeah but the FA Cup starts in like Airdrie.
Sure, so eliminate it across the competition?