Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-28-2023, 03:01 PM   #6721
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Like when she had an idiotic Frasier Institute stooge on, riled up her audience about US taxes being lower, but neither of them seemed to understand how tax brackets work, and neglected to mention how our taxes include things like healthcare? That was really beneficial stuff.

She's an idiot who doesn't understand anything. She may be "well spoken" which hides to causal listeners her complete lack of an ability to understand topics or question ridiculous points. Typically a caller would call in with something outlandish, and she'd say "wow, that's interesting, I wasn't aware of that, let me look into it" and then she'd use confirmation bias to find someone who could discuss this topic, have them on a few days later, and sometimes she'd pretend to be the balance to the stupidity, but never provide any real opposition to it. Other times she would celebrate it like cold fusion had been achieved.

Her problem is her bull#### meter is so dysfunctional that she gets herself into trouble all the time. "I'm not interested in hearing from experts anymore" should be sign enough to any intelligent reasoning person that she isn't qualified to do more than serve pancakes.
This is something that we need to work on as a society.

Because Danielle Smith isnt 'well spoken.' She can deliver a speech, and she can think on her feet, but she isnt saying anything.

Its very similar to Trudeau, he can read. Cool. But he doesnt understand anything he's talking about and its clearly evident whenever he's asked an unanticipated question and stumbles over his own feet.

Smith is a genuine idiot, but she's better at BSing her way through something and thinking on her feet and then 'clarifying' later.

The average person should need to listen to Smith for about 10 seconds before coming to the conclusion that she is the Crazy Person on the Bus.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 05:03 PM   #6722
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1619456533456162816
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:05 PM   #6723
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
This is something that we need to work on as a society.

Because Danielle Smith isnt 'well spoken.' She can deliver a speech, and she can think on her feet, but she isnt saying anything.

Its very similar to Trudeau, he can read. Cool. But he doesnt understand anything he's talking about and its clearly evident whenever he's asked an unanticipated question and stumbles over his own feet.

Smith is a genuine idiot, but she's better at BSing her way through something and thinking on her feet and then 'clarifying' later.

The average person should need to listen to Smith for about 10 seconds before coming to the conclusion that she is the Crazy Person on the Bus.
I agree entirely with this. That’s what makes her entertaining on the radio, and that’s the entire point. Like Fuzz, that’s a great example of why she works as a radio host. She has guests who get everyone riled up and you listened to whole thing. This is what she gets paid to do in that role.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:11 PM   #6724
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Smith’s supporters sure seem to be riled up over a story that they keep saying isn’t true.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:14 PM   #6725
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I agree entirely with this. That’s what makes her entertaining on the radio, and that’s the entire point. Like Fuzz, that’s a great example of why she works as a radio host. She has guests who get everyone riled up and you listened to whole thing. This is what she gets paid to do in that role.
Do you think Yoho is getting riled up by what she says? Slava you can’t possibly be naive enough to not understand that some people don’t view what she does as entertainment, they view it unquestionably as actual news. That’s the problem.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:06 PM   #6726
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sure, the point isn't pure misinformation and I don't disagree with that. But she talked about a lot of topics aside from vaccines in her radio days.
Great, and the point Fuzz brought was specifically the misinformation (as to why she shouldn’t do that job) and you said that misinformation was the point of talk radio.

Not only is it not the point, it’s not even enough to say the point isn’t pure misinformation. Misinformation shouldn’t even be part of it. There are countless radio hosts who have managed to have entire careers without it. You’re saying it needs to be part of it? The ####?

Who cares what else she talked about? She could’ve spent an hour on her favourite birds. Doesn’t excuse her spreading misinformation, so if that’s not the point you were making, why did you respond in the first place?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 06:14 PM   #6727
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Do you think Yoho is getting riled up by what she says? Slava you can’t possibly be naive enough to not understand that some people don’t view what she does as entertainment, they view it unquestionably as actual news. That’s the problem.
She has informed us that if you get cancer it is likely your fault until it hits stage 4 because you should have done stuff to prevent it. Her stupidity goes far beyond vaccines.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 06:27 PM   #6728
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Do CBC and CTV spread misinformation?

Who gets to decide.

Everyone has said things that they may regret and Smith has said some dumb things. This over the top censorship goals is laughable.

Judge her by what she says and does as a politician with responsibilities of maintaining a Province not a paid for radio talk show host.

You all hate her because inside you know there is a cunning politician in that head. Which speaks to the over the top outrage.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1603131046559637505
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 06:34 PM   #6729
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You all hate her because inside you know there is a cunning politician in that head.

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 06:56 PM   #6730
Dozer
Draft Pick

Quote:

Who gets to decide.

Everyone has said things that they may regret and Smith has said some dumb things. This over the top censorship goals is laughable.

Judge her by what she says and does as a politician with responsibilities of maintaining a Province not a paid for radio talk show host.

You all hate her because inside you know there is a cunning politician in that head. Which speaks to the over the top outrage.

Can't we merge the Alberta Politics thread with the tired of crack/meth heads thread yet ?
Dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dozer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 07:30 PM   #6731
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pot, meet kettle.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:46 PM   #6732
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Who gets to decide.
Reality gets to decide.

Real reality, not the one some people try to pass off as legitimate by ignoring facts that don’t support the perspective they’re trying to fool others into believing.

Quote:
There is a big difference between censorship and accountability. She can ramble on incoherently and contradict herself to her heart’s content, but people can still call her out on it. Do you think she can’t handle that?

Quote:
A lot of people think her track record as a politician is on par with her career as a talk show host.

Who gets to decide if they’re wrong?

Quote:
Personally I don’t think I hate anyone. With that being said there is a long list of historical examples of “cunning” politicians who also happened to be jackasses.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:49 PM   #6733
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I don’t hate Smith, she embarrasses me. It’s embarrassing to have her as Premier. It’s embarrassing to watch her try to lead.

Sure, there’s something to be said about the “they hate me cause they ain’t me” excuse some people might play, but nobody wants to be Smith. There is nothing admirable about being an embarrassment, despite what people too stupid to understand what it means to be embarrassed might tell you.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 08:26 PM   #6734
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:

Who gets to decide.

[...]
Apparently you, because you have provided literally zero evidence that the tweet in question is misinformation.

It's entirely plausible that a reckless disregard for safety with respects to immunization would be correlated with a reckless disregard for safety with respects to driving.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:45 PM   #6735
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Who gets to decide.

Does anyone else get the "leave Britney alone" vibes here?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:44 PM   #6736
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've settled on Yoho as the brains behind the western standard pitchbot account on twitter. Aligns well.

And I feel Slava is playing a bit of devils advocate, but it comes across as a bit of trolling. But who knows.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:45 PM   #6737
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
I've settled on Yoho as the brains behind the western standard pitchbot account on twitter. Aligns well.

And I feel Slava is playing a bit of devils advocate, but it comes across as a bit of trolling. But who knows.
Slava doesn't troll but his agendas are pretty obvious in discussion.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:51 PM   #6738
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yoho might be the greatest troll of all time. It’s been so long and people still reply to them. At this point I almost think they are a fuzz alt to drive outrage.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:23 PM   #6739
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
He’s just trying to make great radio. But careful not to call him on it, or he’ll say that’s not what he meant and then accuse everyone else of being the problem.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:12 AM   #6740
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Oh this should be good. What’s my agenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
He’s just trying to make great radio. But careful not to call him on it, or he’ll say that’s not what he meant and then accuse everyone else of being the problem.
I actually do my best not to accuse people of anything, and that’s not really a fair shot. The thing is, this thread has a tendency to move pretty fast and I get tied up doing other things. Sometimes I just drop these things because it’s not worth dredging up a discussion from three pages ago. I flip through the new posts and think to myself “who cares if people think Smith is good on the radio?” and just drop it.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: