Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #201
mcleanap
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Sportchek confirmed that it's a Men's jersey.
mcleanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #202
TheOnlyBilko
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locsofblu View Post
I also liked those jerseys. Thought they were awesome when they first came out.

I have a Martin St Louis pedestal jersey
TheOnlyBilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #203
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have decided to buy a Jagr jersey as I cannot resist having a memento of one of the best players of all time playing for my favourite team.

Looking at prices, with the exchange rate and shipping it would cost over $400 for the authentic Adidas jersey compared to under $300 for the Fanatics replica. Either way this is a lot of money to spend on a piece of clothing.

I am not able to physically touch or see a jersey before purchasing. Can someone describe the differences? Is the authentic worth the extra $100+?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:45 PM   #204
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I have decided to buy a Jagr jersey as I cannot resist having a memento of one of the best players of all time playing for my favourite team.

Looking at prices, with the exchange rate and shipping it would cost over $400 for the authentic Adidas jersey compared to under $300 for the Fanatics replica. Either way this is a lot of money to spend on a piece of clothing.

I am not able to physically touch or see a jersey before purchasing. Can someone describe the differences? Is the authentic worth the extra $100+?
Truthfully, yes. There is nothing cheap about the Adidas in quality, and even though it's a semi pro replica, it looks damn close to the real deal. The fanatics brand is so low in quality, it's apparent.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #205
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post

You should contact Michael at Hockey Authentics. I bought both the retro 3rd and Adidas home Jagr jerseys from them. They have the best prices and the quality is top notch.

https://hockeyauthentic.com/search?q...search-button=
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #206
Pellanor
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Is it possible to get a Retro Jagr jersey anywhere, or did the rest of you buy them all already? I see Hockey Authentic has the retro in XXL, but I'd be looking for just a L.
Pellanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:29 AM   #207
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
You should contact Michael at Hockey Authentics. I bought both the retro 3rd and Adidas home Jagr jerseys from them. They have the best prices and the quality is top notch.

Thanks! $199 in assuming CAD, that's way cheaper!
Old 11-14-2017, 01:46 AM   #208
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

The authentic is 100% worth the additional cost. Much better quality.

Bit if a side note here, but tonight I noticed a few of the Adidas Chinese knock-offs starting to circulate. They look awful. One I saw had white polka dots on the shoulders to simulate the ventalation/mesh material on the authentic jerseys. The namebars are also not the correct colours, as the name is black outlined in yellow. The numbers appear to be the same style as the Reebok jerseys too.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #209
Morning Wood
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Question about the adidas authentic jerseys available at fanattic vs adidas authentic jerseys available on nhl.com. Anyone have any experience on what is the difference in quality? The nhl.com site has them for $280 US with customized nameplates, while the fanattic store has them for $300 CDN. Am wondering if these are the same as each other, or if not, what are the differences. There is definitely a price difference, as the nhl.com version works it to over $355 CDN. Any info would be appreciated!
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #210
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
Question about the adidas authentic jerseys available at fanattic vs adidas authentic jerseys available on nhl.com. Anyone have any experience on what is the difference in quality? The nhl.com site has them for $280 US with customized nameplates, while the fanattic store has them for $300 CDN. Am wondering if these are the same as each other, or if not, what are the differences. There is definitely a price difference, as the nhl.com version works it to over $355 CDN. Any info would be appreciated!
Skip both of those and order from here:

Cheaper then NHL and they're in stock and ready to ship.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #211
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Skip both of those and order from here:

Cheaper then NHL and they're in stock and ready to ship.
Thank you for reinforcing (ala copying) what I said a few posts above

Yes, Hockey Authentic is awesome.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #212
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Thank you for reinforcing (ala copying) what I said a few posts above

Yes, Hockey Authentic is awesome.
Figured the person i quoted missed that post.

Really no reason to order the same jersey for more money from NHL.com. Also last I read the NHL.com jerseys dont have the triple layers numbers or name letters.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #213
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyBilko View Post
I have a Martin St Louis pedestal jersey
Did he need a pedestal jersey because of his vertical challenge?
Insane_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #214
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellanor View Post
Is it possible to get a Retro Jagr jersey anywhere, or did the rest of you buy them all already? I see Hockey Authentic has the retro in XXL, but I'd be looking for just a L.
If you're still interested, Sport Chek is having a 50% off sale -- works out to $70 with free shipping: https://www.sportchek.ca/product/330927699.html

Then send it to Kolbe31 to get crested
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #215
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
If you're still interested, Sport Chek is having a 50% off sale -- works out to $70 with free shipping: https://www.sportchek.ca/product/330927699.html

Then send it to Kolbe31 to get crested
Was at the Calgary Deerfoot Meadows Sportchek this evening and was surprised to see they had all sizes Small through XL in retro, home and away Reebook Premier jerseys for $69.99. There was tons of stock and the staff said they have been receiving new stock of them for days now and didn't know where they were going to put them all. Also mentioned that Sportchek cost was very close to the sale price so don't expect them to be reduced any further.

On the Sportchek website they are showing in stock at virtually all Calgary locations. I wonder where Sportchek are getting all the stock from- could Rebook still be making them?

Th stock are all plain jersey's but they can send them out for cresting for $80 per jersey. The guy said they goto Great Plains Cresting and are fully stitched with a 2-3 week turn around. In store cresting is $10 cheaper but heat sealed and they don't have the kits for the retros.
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #216
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I just picked up an XS Reebok Retro from Sunridge Sportchek today. There was one left in that size and a ton in the other sizes. Worked out to $75 including a $2 donation.

It's still gigantic on my frame (I wear size 34 or 36 suit jackets) compared to my real 80s vintage Doug Gilmour CCM which I usually wear to games. I'm debating taking it back.

Do they sell retros in junior sizes maybe?
Hack&Lube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #217
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I just picked up an XS Reebok Retro from Sunridge Sportchek today. There was one left in that size and a ton in the other sizes. Worked out to $75 including a $2 donation.

It's still gigantic on my frame (I wear size 34 or 36 suit jackets) compared to my real 80s vintage Doug Gilmour CCM which I usually wear to games. I'm debating taking it back.

Do they sell retros in junior sizes maybe?

Yes they do but Sportchek online currently showing $5 more expensive than the adults. The youth L/XL size is showing in stock at Sunridge.
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #218
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankcanvas View Post
Yes they do but Sportchek online currently showing $5 more expensive than the adults. The youth L/XL size is showing in stock at Sunridge.
I went on that day but they couldn't find any. The site currently doesn't show any Youth retros for me. Is it the same for everyone else?

I haven't had any luck finding a youth retro. Any more leads? None at Fanattic.
Hack&Lube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #219
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I went on that day but they couldn't find any. The site currently doesn't show any Youth retros for me. Is it the same for everyone else?

I haven't had any luck finding a youth retro. Any more leads? None at Fanattic.
Link here: https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...5482=332125484

It is listed as a "kids" jersey, but the sizing is youth (L/XL):

Quote:
Specifications

• Youth sizes S/M, L/XL

tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 09:29 PM   #220
mcleanap
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Did anyone purchase the Men's Reebok Retro jersey from Sportchek? Is it just me, or does the crest look exceptionally large?
mcleanap is offline   Reply With Quote