Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #61
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We need these two points.
Duffalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:04 PM   #62
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Monahan, Frolik, Versteeg and Jagr out of the lineup.

If we were discussing this in October, we would pretty much be throwing in the towel. However, I am actually quite excited to see this lineup. And genuinely feel like they can get the W.

Can't wait to see Mangiapane - Jankowski - Hathaway

Only thing I would like to see different is Lomberg instead of Hrivik.

Lomberg - Stajan - Lazar

or to really mix it up: Lomberg - Hrivik - Lazar
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #63
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Monahan, Frolik, Versteeg and Jagr out of the lineup.

If we were discussing this in October, we would pretty much be throwing in the towel. However, I am actually quite excited to see this lineup. And genuinely feel like they can get the W.

Can't wait to see Mangiapane - Jankowski - Hathaway

Only thing I would like to see different is Lomberg instead of Hrivik.

Lomberg - Stajan - Lazar

or to really mix it up: Lomberg - Hrivik - Lazar
I think you have to give the guy who has been up for 3-4 games in Hrivik the look first.

Also, doubtful you sit Stajan, who has been playing hard and not given up much the last few games. Don't forget there is locker room balance to keep in mind. Remember what killed the 2007 team was trading Ference and Kobasew for Primeau and Stuart. While we got the best player, the locker room was not the same, and that is important.
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #64
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
I think you have to give the guy who has been up for 3-4 games in Hrivik the look first.

Also, doubtful you sit Stajan, who has been playing hard and not given up much the last few games. Don't forget there is locker room balance to keep in mind. Remember what killed the 2007 team was trading Ference and Kobasew for Primeau and Stuart. While we got the best player, the locker room was not the same, and that is important.
Gear it back a bit here, I wasn't suggesting that they trade Stajan. I merely suggested giving him an extra day off prior to the break, and inserting a little youthful enthusiasm to try and get through a trap game.

Are you suggesting Stajan would be upset, to the point of causing locker room problems, because he was rested for an afternoon game in January?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #65
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting if Bennett performs well in the middle.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #66
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can someone photoshop the Bennett / Ferland / Gaudreau selfie with Sam's receding hairline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Introducing... your first line!

Crazy we've waited since Young Stars 2014 to see this line.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 01-14-2018 at 12:21 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #67
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Interesting if Bennett performs well in the middle.
If he doesn't score 5 goals today then we may as well cut our losses and move on from him.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #68
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Gear it back a bit here, I wasn't suggesting that they trade Stajan. I merely suggested giving him an extra day off prior to the break, and inserting a little youthful enthusiasm to try and get through a trap game.

Are you suggesting Stajan would be upset, to the point of causing locker room problems, because he was rested for an afternoon game in January?
Nothing needed to "gear back", I was just making a comment in general, in regard to both the trade/waive Stajan comments which have been plentiful (not you, just in general), and in regard to putting someone in who just got called up on game day, to sit a long-standing veteran who has played quite well on the 4th line as of late (funnily enough, since Mangiapane's insertion).

I am not saying that sitting Stajan for an afternoon game in January would cause locker room problems, but, as has been seen, unless absolutely needed, call-ups rarely play the day they are called up, especially when there is a healthy alternative.
In regard to resting Stajan, the extra day of rest is not really needed with the 5-day break starting right away. If this were a normal week, and we played again on Tuesday, maybe it makes sense, but I still doubt they play the guy who was called up on game day in that day's game.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #69
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I doubt it too - pretty much no chance they play Lomberg, unless someone can't go at the last minute.

Simply stating my opinion that inserting Lomberg could be the perfect antidote for a trap game.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #70
Fiyaa
Backup Goalie

Exp:

It's my birthday today! Hoping for a 5-2 victory for my 25th!
Fiyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #71
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't necessarily disagree, but hopeful Hrivik, the AHL 3rd line, and Bennett on the top line are enough jump.
Can get the Flames at 2.1 - 1 on the money line right now...