Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2018, 10:43 PM   #21
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Don’t mean to sound like a dick but why do you post here? Pretty much 90% of your posts are about the Jets that garner little interest or replies. Is there not a Jets board where you’d probably be more at home? Again, I don’t mean to sounds like a jerk, I literally want to know the reasoning why you constantly post on a Flames board about the Jets?
You posted a fair question, with an explanation that you were asking out of genuine curiosity, and got asinine responses. I was curious about this myself. Oilers fans make sense as they are the main rival but I always wondered about other posters.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wwkayaker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:51 PM   #22
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vegas 13-1-1 in their last 15 games?

Sigh...

Must be nice
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #23
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would love to see the Flames put up a streak like that this year.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #24
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
I would love to see the Flames put up a streak like that this year.
lol so would every other team
Old 01-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #25
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, having fans of other teams on this board is a good thing.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:12 PM   #26
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some guys cheer for a team or two who cares.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #27
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
So why aren’t you being a dink to Cali, cube, thefoss or the dozens of other wild, sharks, leafs, habs, oilers etc fans? Or how about the dozens upon dozens of people that post in these threads all the time and watch a lot of hockey that isn’t the Flames and regularly comment on those teams? Are you mad at them for being entertained by teams other than the flames?

Or maybe you care a lot more than you let on.

Because everyone you mentioned participates in the general conversation of the Flames whereas Resurrection seems to enjoy doing flyby one-offs about “look how great the Jets are” and then disappears until the next opportunity arises to remind again about how great the Jets are.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:32 PM   #28
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Because everyone you mentioned participates in the general conversation of the Flames whereas Resurrection seems to enjoy doing flyby one-offs about “look how great the Jets are” and then disappears until the next opportunity arises to remind again about how great the Jets are.
Fair enough, you’re bang on with this post. I was too harsh in my previous post. But as a fan of a rival team on this board it does get tiresome to rarely, if ever, be able to have an actual discussion without the home side just being dicks and making grade school insults (something that funny enough Resurrection loves to do).

I’m all about the homer point of view being prevalent but I feel like when it just results in insult post after insult post it gets a bit tiresome. Sometimes I want to talk hockey or football or whatever in something resembling an actual thoughtful conversation.

As such I tend to defend rival posters a bit because I like their insight and I don’t feel like they always need to just bash their own team to be liked, which seems common, not just here but on all forums.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 11:58 PM   #29
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My posting history just doesn't support this View. Aside from the two games against the Oilers last week, which of course I will celebrate here with Flames fans because people here hate the Oilers, I very rarely celebrate Jets wins consistently. Even predicted a loss to the Avalanche just last week.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 01:42 AM   #30
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Jan 5, with 5 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
My posting history just doesn't support this View. Aside from the two games against the Oilers last week, which of course I will celebrate here with Flames fans because people here hate the Oilers, I very rarely celebrate Jets wins consistently. Even predicted a loss to the Avalanche just last week.

Rarely huh? 7 of your last 8 hockey related posts talk about the Jets, not including this thread. Go look.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:16 AM   #31
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Final scores
http://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/scor...p?day=20180105
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-Recap-Roundups.aspx?date=01-05-2018

4 at 0

It was the Crosby show as he had 4 points (1g 3a) and after a scoreless 1st period, the Pens scored 3 goals in the 2nd period to take control of the game. Jarry with the 31 save SHUTOUT. Sportsnet must be happy they picked this game to televise.

3 at 4 in reg time

The Jets score 2 PPGs and that was the difference. Blake Wheeler gets 2 points.

5 at 6 in overtime

Great 3rd period comeback by the Senators! The Sharks had 2 PPGs and 1 SHG and 5-2 lead heading into the 3rd period and then they simply lost their bite. The starting goalies were never pulled.

5 at 4 in reg time

The Knights slot machine keeps paying out with wins, unreal. The Knights had 21 shots on net in the 1st period and outshot the Bhawks 43-32 in the game. The Bhawks had Glass in net and he's not the problem even though his team led 4-3 early in the 3rd period. Good pick for SN1 to show this game, lots of goals!

2 at 4

Goaltending was the key in this game as Howard faced 40 shots from the Panthers. The Red Wings win despite just having 19 shots on goal. Athanasiou gets 2 points and is playing very well. The Panthers tied it early in the 3rd period before Detroit pulled ahead for good.

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 01-06-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote