Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2015, 02:35 PM   #21
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego Man View Post
Wow, quite a bit for my lego brain to digest in such a short time!
Be prepared for your productivity to take a huge nose dive! (and your significant other rolling their eyes at you when you are talking about this 24/7)
Old 05-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #22
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

And now we wait for everyone to check in.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #23
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

What if the current recipient of the spore has turned?
Do we keep this plan in works till we have someone where the turning failed?
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #24
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
If whoever got the spore turned, they probably wouldn't say they have the spore?
Old 05-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #25
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
If they turned, they wouldn't reveal anything. The Government Agent would check them tonight and kill them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo
The plan only works if the turning failed..not until...

It really only makes sense for the spore holder to reveal if they are still a passenger. And I think if they are a passenger and are carrying the spore (assuming they know so), they should reveal. Would be pretty selfish to hold back that type of information.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #26
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, I get what you're saying Timbo. Yeah, I think it makes sense for the first-non-turned-spore-carrier to reveal even if it's not this day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #27
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
If the current carrier reveals and tell us who he is targeting, the smuggler could hide the target though.

The Government Agent, without having to reveal himself, would be able to check to see if the current-carrier was telling the truth as well.

So if Initial Carrier tell us, we don't kill him, he targets JoeSchmo. Smuggler hides JoeSchmo, Government Agent targets Initial Carrier. If Day 2 happens with Initial Carrier alive, we know he was passenger, we know JoeSchmo was real target, we'll know that JoeSchmo was protected.

Now if Smuggler ends up dieing as our Day 1 lynch, we kill JoeSchmo because he still received the spore.

I think it makes most sense for carrier passenger to reveal and us not kill him. You know, assuming this is working how we think it is - which might not be the case.
Definitely a good point about the possibility of this not working the we think it is, which is a risk to any of these plans.

Also, I don't think what you've outlined above will work. If someone comes forward as the spore carrier and isn't, it's almost certainly scum trying to get confirmed as a passenger. Someone who got turned wouldn't contradict a scum false-claim, so they'd be safe there. Plus, the government agent's power doesn't work on scum, only on those who are turned, so the scan would come back clean.

I think that plan has a real risk of us confirming someone as a passenger who is actually one of the scum, which would give the scum huge influence to drive the rest of the game the way they want. If the first spore worked, your plan has a huge risk, imo.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #28
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So are we just assuming the spore carrier will know he infected or did I miss something?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #29
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Definitely a good point about the possibility of this not working the we think it is, which is a risk to any of these plans.

Also, I don't think what you've outlined above will work. If someone comes forward as the spore carrier and isn't, it's almost certainly scum trying to get confirmed as a passenger. Someone who got turned wouldn't contradict a scum false-claim, so they'd be safe there. Plus, the government agent's power doesn't work on scum, only on those who are turned, so the scan would come back clean.

I think that plan has a real risk of us confirming someone as a passenger who is actually one of the scum, which would give the scum huge influence to drive the rest of the game the way they want. If the first spore worked, your plan has a huge risk, imo.
Good point. The hosts know who is infected, so if the person who got the spore on night 0 was infected they could make the fake claim.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #30
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And I think if they are a passenger and are carrying the spore (assuming they know so), they should reveal. Would be pretty selfish to hold back that type of information.
I agree with this. We can take some time to decide what to do, but the spore carrier should reveal themselves, imo. If they don't, we have to assume the night 0 turn was successful.

I still think we should kill the spore carrier based on the math I posted above, but I'm only one vote. We have lots of time before we need to hammer someone, so we could discuss it at length.

Less information/more lies only help the scum.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #31
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
So are we just assuming the spore carrier will know he infected or did I miss something?
Presumably the person knows they have the spore, since they have to send it to someone.

Also, they presumably know whether they got infected. If they did, they would have access to the quicktopic for the infected people and their victory condition would change.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #32
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah it's a good point bizaro86 so both options should be on the table before the reveal.

But even then, it's a risk to them.

Let's say Scum-Fake-Carrier says they are targeting JoeSchmo on Night 1. Smuggler protects JoeSchmo, but the real-carrier targets JaneDoe and JaneDoe isn't turned, then it will be revealed and Scum-Fake-Carrier is in trouble. If JoeSchmo is targeted, we still get rid of the spore for a day.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #33
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh wait, but if Smuggler is protecting the person passing the spore he takes it. So they could set a trap too.

Oh well, I guess wait for the spore-carrier to reveal if it happens at all.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:12 PM   #34
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah it's a good point bizaro86 so both options should be on the table before the reveal.

But even then, it's a risk to them.

Let's say Scum-Fake-Carrier says they are targeting JoeSchmo on Night 1. Smuggler protects JoeSchmo, but the real-carrier targets JaneDoe and JaneDoe isn't turned, then it will be revealed and Scum-Fake-Carrier is in trouble. If JoeSchmo is targeted, we still get rid of the spore for a day.
I think you're assuming we'll have more information than we will. The smuggler might know, but they may not want to reveal themselves right away.

Also, the only way a scum would try it is if they knew the spore worked on night 0, in which case the real spore-carrier is in their pocket, and would probably follow their lead on who to infect if it made sense.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:13 PM   #35
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can anyone come up with a downside to the spore carrier revealing if they haven't been infected? If not, they should do so and we can figure out what to do with them later...
Old 05-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #36
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can anyone come up with a downside to the spore carrier revealing if they haven't been infected? If not, they should do so and we can figure out what to do with them later...
The downside I can think of is if they reveal they have the spore and they happen to be one of our power roles and we decide lynch them.

But then we could also lynch a power role with a random lynch, so it's probably not as big of an issue?
Old 05-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #37
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Presumably the person knows they have the spore, since they have to send it to someone.

Also, they presumably know whether they got infected. If they did, they would have access to the quicktopic for the infected people and their victory condition would change.
Sorry, I am tired. So, we should assume then that if the spore carrier is infected they won't reveal as now their victory condition has changed. How does it work though? What I am wondering is let's say the coin flip comes up not to infect, does Mazrim then have to tell the target they were even targeted if there is no infection?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #38
Guest1

Quote:
Sorry, I am tired. So, we should assume then that if the spore carrier is infected they won't reveal as now their victory condition has changed. How does it work though? What I am wondering is let's say the coin flip comes up not to infect, does Mazrim then have to tell the target they were even targeted if there is no infection?
This is what I was thinking.

I think this game is going to make me crazy again. And this time: no turtle sex
Old 05-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #39
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Each night, whoever has the spore must pass it on to another player. If they do not submit a choice, I will decide via random.org.
So yeah, the spore-carrier at one point needs to find out that they have the spore, so they can pass it on.

Right now most of the strategy talk is assuming, possibly incorrectly, that the spore-carrier is away they have it right now. If they aren't away yet, then most of the talk is moot.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #40
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

aware* not away...not sure how I mess that up twice ha.

Tags
2spooky4me , edmonton is no good , mafia , toronto is no good