Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #101
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I never liked Phaneuf. Plus his name always sounded like a cartoon fart.

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saXon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #102
kingkahuna
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
For me, it is people that have lived in Calgary for 5 or more years, and have no intention of ever moving away from Calgary, that still refuse to cheer for the Flames and Stampeders.
I'm thinking a elaborate conversion ceremony that people go through on the 5th anniversary of them moving to a new city where they denounce their old allegiances and adopt their new hometown team.
kingkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #103
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boston Bruins fans. Worst fans in hockey. Boston fans are the worst fans in sports. So spoiled, so many championships in the last decade and so smug. Can't stand Boston fans.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #104
4oh3
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Kelly Hrudey.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:21 AM   #105
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Dutch NYR fans... They're just like N.A. Vancouver fans.
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #106
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkahuna View Post
I'm thinking a elaborate conversion ceremony that people go through on the 5th anniversary of them moving to a new city where they denounce their old allegiances and adopt their new hometown team.
5th anniversary? It should happen five days after they move to Calgary!
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #107
The Swedish Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J79 View Post
Dutch NYR fans... They're just like N.A. Vancouver fans.
There are Dutch hockey fans?
The Swedish Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:58 AM   #108
It's a great day 4 hockey
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Media who claim Patrick Roy's comeback of "Not being able to hear him (Roenick) because he has his cup rings in his ears." as classic. Roy was one of the all-time greats in the net and one of the all-time spuds in front of the camera, Imo.
It's a great day 4 hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to It's a great day 4 hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #109
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just everything about the Minnesota Wild. No matter how I approach it, I can't get behind them. Putting us through years of putrid hockey. Ugly logo, jerseys. Dropping 100s of millions to import players. Calling themselves the state of hockey (you call that hockey?). That annoying hillbilly sounding commentator. And how legit goalies seem to sprout up left right and center for them.

They still bore the hell out of me... Have to say it was a good day when they moved to the central division.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #110
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm. Didn't realize which thread

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 05-28-2014 at 07:59 AM.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #111
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Ulf Samuelsson, to this day I wish he would take a bus to the knee....or face, I'm not picky
God yes I hate this guy more than anyone else. Being a Bruins fan I want to wish the worst on him for taking out Cam Neelys knee. With that hit it started Cams history of injury problems and ended his career way to early.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #112
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Strange recent interpretations in officiating.

Snowing in a goalie being an unsportsmanlike. If the goalie doesn't like it he can spend extra time pretending to adjust a contact like Marty Turco. A staple of the game I grew up playing.

Barely missed passes being called icing. The intent of icing I thought was to penalize a team for relieving pressure, not for making a good play and barely missing. This used to be waved off. (Also would like to see linesmen able to use discretion on the puck over the glass. You know when it is obvious)

Slashing for knocking a guy's stick out of his hands. Coaches should tape a guy's glove to his stick if he can't learn to hold on to it

Interference. So many chintzy calls made and so many blatant ones let go. If you push a guy offside, it is ok, but a D hitting him right after he chips it past is interference? I dunno.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #113
iheartmonahan
Draft Pick

I have a bit of a love/hate thing with Backlund.

During the lockout Backs tweeted something about how the owners were being unfair in their negotiations, I can't remember exactly what it was. Backs had 11 points for the flames during the 2011-2012 season, and I believe his salary was a little over a million dollars. I threw him back a tweet reminding him that he made around $100,000 for every point he scored in the previous season, and asked him if he thought that was fair. In hindsight my reply was probably a little hard on the guy, but I was deprived of flames hockey, so I was pissed. Backs retaliated by blocking me on twitter.

On one hand, I loved his 2013/2014 season, and want to see him as a key piece of the flames for many seasons to come. I'm sure he's a nice guy too.

On the other hand, he blocked me on twitter. I don’t think Backlund and I can be friends.
iheartmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #114
thethumwood
Farm Team Player

Exp:

ROB KERR! Nothing makes me more mad then listening to him during games. The way he calls games... He just sounds so brutal! Everything about him bothers me, he just sounds like he doesn't know anything! It kills me.
thethumwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good , go bruins , it was in , vancouver is worse.