Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #8781
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
If you link to nazi propaganda, you're (probably) a Nazi!!
I never, EVER did anything like that... you guys really are grasping here. This place is a total echo-chamber, Good-bye!
Old 11-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #8782
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
This place is a total echo-chamber, Good-bye!
And nothing of value was lost.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:23 PM   #8783
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
My favorite is how guys like bizkitgto and JR449 will be the first to tell you "Look I hate Trump as much as anyone"

I'm pretty sure "Look I hate Trump more than anyone" is now the political equivalent of "I have nothing against (insert ethnic, or racial group here"

Those statements are usually followed by a "But", and then a statement that would seem to indicate the first one isn't quite sincere.
It's strange right? I've had some pretty intense political discussions with some family members recently, who are great people, that don't think Trump is so bad.

These aren't people that are racist, or sexist, but they have somehow bought into the fact that Trump is a victim somehow, like the democrats have been going after him from day one, unwarranted and they never leave him alone. Many of the conversations go, "look I think they're both corrupt, but".... I ask them for any real solid evidence of corruption on Biden, and there's not much there, when I point out clear issues with Trump, it just turns into, yeah but....

It's infuriating. I don't even know where they are getting their perspective from, I can only assume facebook is playing a big role. I don't have facebook myself, but I hear it's a cesspool. One of them did send me a list of all the great things Trump has done, and it was a facebook link. Living in Alberta also doesn't help with some of this stuff.

It's odd, I don't think every single thing Trump has done is necessarily bad, but the terrible things he's done, FAR FAR outweigh anything good. This is not like other presidents who did some bad and some good.

This whole thing is bizarre.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #8784
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
And nothing of value was lost.
-Morgan Freeman
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #8785
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If you think Trump is a victim in all this, then you haven't been paying attention.
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #8786
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I never, EVER did anything like that... you guys really are grasping here. This place is a total echo-chamber, Good-bye!
Good Bi-den!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #8787
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
goodbye tovarishch, the cheque's in the post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #8788
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

People calling you out for having an opinion that is backed by racist videos etc, doesn't make this place an echo chamber. Oddly enough I see people here who have debated each other in political threads both call you out.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #8789
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
People calling you out for having an opinion that is backed by racist videos etc, doesn't make this place an echo chamber. Oddly enough I see people here who have debated each other in political threads both call you out.
Did bizkitgto post racist videos as well? I only saw JR449 post the video from a nazi supporter.

bizkitgto's stuff seemed to be run-of-the-mill misinformation and poorly reasoned arguments (and a whole lot of playing the victim) from someone who didn't know what they were talking about and didn't have the capacity to back it up.

I know the two went around thanking each other's posts, but I think JR449 was the only one promoting anything close to a racist or nazi.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #8790
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where has this guy been for 4 years? Everything has been hashed out ad nauseum and he's rolling in here like he's got the secret. Get a clue.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #8791
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I often wonder if there's a list of sites with political discussions to troll somewhere, and where our humble little american politics thread ranks on that list. I mean, we must be the absolute little league, and I can only imagine that anyone trolling here is just hoping to get the call-up to somewhere where there's, you know, actual undecided American voters reading.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:44 PM   #8792
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty sure that one of these accounts is a sock puppet. Absolutely has to be. Same cadence and stupidity of a couple others that have been exposed and beaten into submission. One is a blatant racist, but the other is just a troll using a sock puppet account trying to stir it up.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #8793
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Promise? Don't be getting our hopes up now...
Old 11-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #8794
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Promise? Don't be getting our hopes up now...
Lifetime suspension, so at least he's a man of his word.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #8795
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both of them. Same IP address? Wouldn't be surprised.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #8796
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
If you want to know exactly what level of content is being shared at this point, of course.
Look, he had find a way to raise the bar somehow, and it was already close to impossible to clear. These guys started with RT and moved on to Chris Hedges. Where do you go from there? This was really their only option.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #8797
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's a classic narcissistic response to resort to playing the victim when confronted, just long enough to gain sympathy. I know because I grew up with one. He was also fluent in dishonesty. Once you gain a certain confidence level with telling lies and go down that slippery slope it becomes almost a part of your personality. This person in my younger life could also pretend to be one person around religious family and peers and then be cracking racist jokes after leaving the room. I guess a good con man is one that can get lost in lies and feel no remorse or discomfort on doing so. And Trump embodies those characteristics fully.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #8798
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Both of them. Same IP address? Wouldn't be surprised.
Look out if any of these RW parties or their supporters (Trump, Kenney, O'Toole, War Room etc) ever properly figure out technology. Fun watching them stumble around and get caught though...
Old 11-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #8799
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump and the GOP want to take away gay rights, women's rights, and voter rights. It's not fake news or an opinion it's actually the platform they are running on.

Forget all the other stuff that is enough isn't it?
Old 11-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #8800
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nm, too far.

Last edited by djsFlames; 11-02-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Closed Thread