Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 09:06 PM   #8541
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I'm not sure why there is a fixation on Hunter Biden.

The only question is whether Joe Biden would put Hunter in positions of political power inside the White House. I don't think that he would. Just because Trump has done this with Ivanka and Jerrod, does not make it a regular thing. It's backwards reasoning to think that because Trump did it, Biden will do it.

Didn't we put this all to bed with Bill Clinton's crazy brother, and the subsequent documentary, "Black Sheep".
The fixation on Hunter is simple, Joe Biden has been in politics most of his life and has made a comparetive pittance compared to most in his situation, he has a net worth of about 9 million, about 8 million of that is from a book deal he signed after the Presidency, he is possibly the least corrupt Vice president we have ever had, there is literally nothing you can accuse him of, he has made almost nothing form his forty years of public service except the salary he got for the job, a book deal and since the Obama years speaking gigs, now I will grant you compared to a regular schmoe Joe is a very very wealthy man but compared to the likes of Chaney that 9 million is chump change, Chaney is worth well over 100 million.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 09:12 PM   #8542
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

FFS people, please stop feeding the troll. This assclown has successfully hijacked the thread for multiple pages now, and we're just going around in circles at this point.

And now for some positive news: early voting has now surpassed 2/3rds of all 2016 ballots cast. The turnout for this thing is already historic, and the next three days will surely put it over the top. Of course the higher the turnout, the worse it is for Republicans, so it's no wonder the GOP and CP's resident Trump trolls are currently freaking out.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/polit...ted/index.html

Quote:
More than 91.6 million Americans have voted so far, as a majority of states are reporting record early voting turnout in the 2020 election. While it's too soon to know how that record turnout will translate to Election Day, the massive early voting numbers suggest a high level of enthusiasm for voting this year, despite the obstacles of a pandemic.

These votes represent about 43% of registered voters nationwide, according to a survey of election officials in all 50 states and Washington, DC, by CNN, Edison Research, and Catalist.   

Sixteen states have already seen more than half of their registered voters cast ballots ahead of November 3.

Nationwide, the more than 91.6 millionballots already cast represent about 67% of the more than 136.5 million ballots cast in the 2016 presidential election.  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 09:19 PM   #8543
JR449
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
The fixation on Hunter is simple, Joe Biden has been in politics most of his life and has made a comparetive pittance compared to most in his situation, he has a net worth of about 9 million, about 8 million of that is from a book deal he signed after the Presidency, he is possibly the least corrupt Vice president we have ever had, there is literally nothing you can accuse him of, he has made almost nothing form his forty years of public service except the salary he got for the job, a book deal and since the Obama years speaking gigs, now I will grant you compared to a regular schmoe Joe is a very very wealthy man but compared to the likes of Chaney that 9 million is chump change, Chaney is worth well over 100 million.
Where does it say 9 million?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michela...h=23002e3e1e42
Old 10-31-2020, 09:20 PM   #8544
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR449 View Post
Isnt corruption bad though?
Do you know that this is the one and only reason why the prosecutor should have been fired?
Old 10-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #8545
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
People will watch this and still think Biden is a Saint. He's no different than Trump. Trump will stab you in the face, Biden will whisper sweet nothings in your ear and then stab you in the back.

Also - did you see everyone laughing in there when Biden was telling this story, these people are all sick.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:23 PM   #8546
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Your article states he made $16.7 million since leaving office and paid about $6.7 million in tax so he's not far off.

Thanks for the link. I like the last line:

Quote:
The year he left the White House, the former vice president handed over $3.7 million in federal income tax—or about 5,000 times the $750 that President Donald Trump reportedly paid.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 09:26 PM   #8547
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Waitaminute... In-N-Out is in Texas now?

Yeah, I went to a freshly built one in Austin back in 2016, and the fries didn't even suck (not chalky!!).

Back on topic, why do they even bother doing this in the big Texas cities? They tend to be heavily democrat.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:28 PM   #8548
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
From your own article!!

By the end of 2019, Biden was a Democratic front-runner and a fairly wealthy man, having earned $16.7 million in three years and built up a net worth of roughly $9 million.

now I'll give you thats a decent chunk of cash but Gore is worth 300 million, Fords wing man was a billionaire
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 09:44 PM   #8549
JR449
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ok but that doesnt mean the man is not corrupt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTh-hzZ1ZKY
Hes not getting the progressive vote for sure .
If you want to know who's going to win, just ask yourself, do more people trust the media than in 2016?
Old 10-31-2020, 09:48 PM   #8550
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
Those votes aren’t for Biden... they’re for “not Trump”.
You realize Biden destroyed every other candidate in the primaries...by getting more votes

Biden's name wasn't just pulled out of a hat
Old 10-31-2020, 09:51 PM   #8551
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I give you official mod permission to go full old school Lanny on them

Just a small point of contention from a respectful place. I know MMF is a hated poster by many, but it's a little frustrating to see him tracked down and kept out for making things personal while a poster that is known for being contentious and personal to the point of never being allowed back under "Lanny" comes back and is told by a mod to go after another poster in the style of the username that got them banned for aggressive, bullying behaviour.

edit: private site's decision to ban poster they don't want here is their prerogative and fine, but then this post doesn't really sit right in the same vein, despite the poster's views that lanny is supposed to go after.

I would imagine it wasn't your intention Jiri, but it does come off a little "You have my permission to pile on and bully this poster".

Last edited by jayswin; 10-31-2020 at 10:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 09:53 PM   #8552
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

21 years of Biden's tax returns available to the public

Trump is the only president in history to hide his...in fact he is spending millions on lawyers to keep them hidden.

"Both the same derp"
Old 10-31-2020, 09:54 PM   #8553
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you want to know who's going to win, just ask yourself, do more people trust the media than in 2016?
Doesnt mean he isnt batman either I suppose, its about as likely, Joe Biden's life has been an open book, he's a lifelong politician that made no money at all until he became VP after which he made a chunk of change writing his biography and doing speaking tours, how is any of this corrupt?
Old 10-31-2020, 09:55 PM   #8554
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol wait you actually think Trump will win?
Old 10-31-2020, 10:00 PM   #8555
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Just a small point of contention from a respectful place. I know MMF is a hated poster by many, but it's a little frustrating to see him tracked down and kept out for making things personal while a poster that is known for being contentious and personal to the point of never being allowed back under "Lanny" comes back and is told by a mod to go after another poster in the style of the username that got them banned for aggressive, bullying behaviour..
It was intended as a fun jab to Lanny who is now a positive member of this forum. I won’t comment on mmf as it wouldn’t be fair to him since he can’t partake...except to say you don’t have all the info including why he was re-banned.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:07 PM   #8556
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Fair enough, I felt like it was wrong even bringing up MMF, as my contention was more with urging a poster to go after another because of their view. Especially one who was banned for just that. If he is reformed then maybe suggesting his old style should be revisited to bully this guy isn't the right tone to set as a mod?

Last edited by jayswin; 10-31-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:10 PM   #8557
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
How on earth do you think Hunter got on a Ukrainian has company's Board? Ofcourse Joe Biden was involved. What do you think he did to get him that spot and why?

I think Kushner is a big problem.
So.... I think you just accidentally revealed that you don’t even know what the “Burisma scandal” is even SUPPOSED to be about.

I’ll give you a hint: it’s not that Joe Biden helped his son get a position on the board of a company that he had no control over and wasn’t involved in. The actual allegation is that Burisma hired Hunter Biden in order to leverage the fact that his dad was the VP to get favourable treatment. So.. basically the complete opposite of what you are alleging now.

This is why I call it the “something something Burisma” scandal. Because it turns out even its proponents don’t understand it well. And it turns out that is by design. It’s way harder to refute some nebulous charges of “something corrupt happened here” than a specific allegation of wrongdoing. That was the genius of “Hillary’s emails” in 2016. It was a scandal that few understood and the ones were the most outraged by it were also the ones who understood it the least. The so-called “Burisma” nothingburger is even worse, and you just showed us why. It’s not enough to point out the fact that Burisma received no favours from Joe Biden, because then the ground just shifts to an even more preposterous allegation backed by even stupider “evidence” peddled by even less credible shills. It never ends.

And the whole time there is no “there” there (as you just inadvertently revealed). But there doesn’t have to be, because vague insinuations of “something corrupt” substantiated by nothing more than hushed references to foreign companies and board seats and a few innocuous emails purchased by Rudy Giuliani in the Ukraine are apparently enough for the internet’s most gullible to invent a shadowy conspiracy reaching to the highest levels of government. The whole thing, as CHL commented earlier, is both utterly insane and yet at the same time just... unspeakably boring.

But even THOSE people don’t think this is about “nepotism,” because apparently even they recognize how goofy it is to allege that Joe Biden used his power over the US government to get his son a PRIVATE sector job at an overseas company that he had no stake in and no ability to control. That’s not nepotism. At WORST it’s an attempt by Burisma to use Hunter to get to Joe. Even that has never been proven.

Nepotism, for your edification, would be if Biden had made sure his kids got plum government jobs when he was on government.

You know, like Trump did. But I forgot: both sides, many sides.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:16 PM   #8558
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Fair enough, I felt like it was wrong even bringing up MMF, as my contention was more with urging a poster to go after another because of their view. Especially one who was banned for just that. If he is reformed then maybe suggesting his old style should be revisited to bully this guy isn't the right tone to set as a mod?
Part of what Lanny does well is take apart a poorly formed opinion apart point for point. So yeah I wouldn’t mind seeing that in this case
I’m not going to spend my time as a mod protecting a troll who is spreading political mistruths.
That may make me a bad mod. I’m ok with that in this case. I don’t view my job to protect or defend posters like that

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 10-31-2020 at 10:38 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 10:31 PM   #8559
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1322276468341186560
Old 10-31-2020, 10:33 PM   #8560
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Regarding the Texas GOP attempt to have 100 000 drive thru ballots thrown out:

Quote:
The plaintiffs, all Republicans, are conservative activist Steven Hotze, state Rep. Steve Toth of The Woodlands, congressional candidate Wendell Champion and judicial candidate Sharon Hemphill.
Quote:
Hotze is an active GOP donor and is one of the most prolific culture warriors on the right. He's a fierce opponent of same-sex marriage and was a key figure in the unsuccessful push for the 2017 "bathroom bill" in the Texas Legislature. This year, he has filed numerous lawsuits seeking to overturn Gov. Greg Abbott’s coronavirus restrictions and block Harris County’s efforts to make it easier for people to vote. And he left a voicemail for Abbott’s chief of staff this summer telling him to shoot and kill people protesting the in-custody death of George Floyd.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10...mpression=true

https://twitter.com/user/status/610088061335003137

But there is this
Quote:
Voters in Harris County may continue using drive-thru voting, Texas Supreme Court rules
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10...harris-county/

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-31-2020 at 10:47 PM.
Closed Thread