Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #1961
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCityImages View Post
My wife and I both use our phones for our alarm clock. A lot of people do. They're generally next to you at night, and they aren't affected by power outages. I even have a charging dock that turns my Droid into a clock radio-type thing. Its pretty amazing Apple has such trouble with these things.
I think it's just that Apple isn't in the clock radio business.

Or possibly since third parties have already made hundreds of chargeable iPod/iPhone alarm clock docks they just didn't see the point.

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #1962
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I prefer to use Touch LCD for my clock needs. Much cooler design, you can dim the hell out of the screen, you can tap the screen and it'll tell you the time (great if you're blind without glasses or contacts), you can set the alarm to only turn off after you hit a series of buttons (great for people who hit snooze and just fall back asleep), you can set a page of world clock and it's a universal app for both iPhone and iPad.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #1963
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

My iPhone is my alarm clock as well.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #1964
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Damn. Android phones have clocks on them? Wow. Talk about innovation...
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #1965
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

http://www.theiphoneguru.net/2010/12...ckup-location/

Good for SSD users.
photon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #1966
QuadCityImages
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Next year the iPhone 5 will list "Working Alarm Clock that understands Daylight Savings Time and New Years" as one of its "new and innovative, or even magical" features.
QuadCityImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #1967
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Next year the iPhone 5 will list "Working Alarm Clock that understands Daylight Savings Time and New Years" as one of its "new and innovative, or even magical" features.
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Apple knows that you want to sleep in, even if you don't know it yet.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roast Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #1968
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
God help you if you don't lay it down properly though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #1969
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Nice find!
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #1970
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Also, is there an easy way to transfer all my crap/apps/photos from the 3g2 to the 4?
As long as you backup your previous phone to your iTunes, everything will transfer nicely to your new iPhone (text messages, call history etc included).
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #1971
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
It may be in this thread or board, but I can't find anything. What type of protection cases are you guys using? Finally getting a 4.

Also, is there an easy way to transfer all my crap/apps/photos from the 3g2 to the 4?
I use the black apple bumper case with the Zagg invisishield. I got some dude at bestbuy to put the invisishield on for me. They are pricey, but I haven't had any issues with it yet.

As for transferring your old stuff, it's just like Mango said, make a backup from your old phone. Then plug in the iphone 4 to the machine and it will give you an option to "restore from fotze's phone 1/6/2011" or as a new device. Everything will transfer except for music/videos for obvious memory reasons.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #1972
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
It may be in this thread or board, but I can't find anything. What type of protection cases are you guys using? Finally getting a 4.
I use the Apple bumper and no screen protector. Not a single scratch yet, even after last week when it sat in the same pocket with my car keys for a couple hours...felt stupid about that one.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #1973
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Kinda shocked you guys aren't talking about the alarmclock failure.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110102...ettelecomapple
I don't think anybody here wanted to set a 1-time alarm for the morning after NYE. "Gotta wake up early so I can suffer through my hangover."?
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #1974
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
None. It only has to last until the next contract, and it looks/feels great sans case.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #1975
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The invisishield is really good.
Five-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #1976
theonlywhiteout
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

bodyguardz is the best screen protector ive seen, and ive used everything from zagg to cheap crap from futureshop in packs of 3
theonlywhiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #1977
Guest1

I just had a success story with the"Find my Iphone" app..

It was stolen from my locker at the pool (My fault for not locking it, but I blame the baby for distracting me... I had my quarter out and everything. Even back in 10 minutes later and locked it after remembering)

Long story-short: Went home, located the phone through MobileMe and then remotely locked it. Husband went to the location, phoned the police and through some lucky consequences the cop was able to "persuade" a "young lady" into telling them which snowbank she tossed it in after she realized it was useless when I locked it.

The only thing you have to remember is not to call your service provide to report it stolen. Because after they suspend service the GPS doesn't work. Just remotely lock it yourself and you're able to make it useless for the person that has it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #1978
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I just had a success story with the"Find my Iphone" app..

It was stolen from my locker at the pool (My fault for not locking it, but I blame the baby for distracting me... I had my quarter out and everything. Even back in 10 minutes later and locked it after remembering)

Long story-short: Went home, located the phone through MobileMe and then remotely locked it. Husband went to the location, phoned the police and through some lucky consequences the cop was able to "persuade" a "young lady" into telling them which snowbank she tossed it in after she realized it was useless when I locked it.

The only thing you have to remember is not to call your service provide to report it stolen. Because after they suspend service the GPS doesn't work. Just remotely lock it yourself and you're able to make it useless for the person that has it.
I. Love. That. Feature.

I wonder if the cop followed up with anything or just considered it settled? Hopefully there's no water damage.

Last edited by Russic; 01-08-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #1979
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love it too!! NYE my dog got out of the yard, I was bringing him back in but he was struggling and my phone fell out of my jacket and in between my yard and my neighbors below the fence, it was on silent but I was able to go on the fiancee's phone and send a message until we could here it, it still makes sound on silent!!. I never would have found it otherwise. And I knew the vicinity of where it was
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #1980
theonlywhiteout
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

awesome!

i use both fonehome and find my iphone.. figured since i paid for fonehome why not keep it on there
theonlywhiteout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angering fanin80 , apple suxors