Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #1901
dcbc
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Look at Pinder. Stirring the ####, challenging the norm. Good for him. Keep it up!
Where can we hear this now? link?
Take your objective opinion and get out of here. This is Calgarypuck, where we act like 12 year olds towards rival teams, and act like their the crappiest piece of crap hockey team ever, that deserves no credit, even after they advance further than our own team.
dcbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #1902
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

When it comes to local insiders, I'd consider Duhatschek to be one.
agulati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #1903
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbc View Post
Where can we hear this now? link?
I think this is it?

Around 01:58:00 in

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/boomer-...s-sens-series/
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #1904
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
When it comes to local insiders, I'd consider Duhatschek to be one.
Is he? Maybe, but you’d never know it. He’s as tight as Peter Maher when it comes to sharing any team info.

He’s great at writing long form essays but I don’t think know he’s getting the “scoops.”
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #1905
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Great exchange between Pat and Lou on the post game last night…

Lou: Pat, what did we talk about in the pre game show

[long pause]

Pat: The power play???

Lou: Nope

I was in tears. The answer a question by asking a question strategy has sure struggles this week.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:51 PM   #1906
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I think this is it?

Around 01:58:00 in

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/boomer-...s-sens-series/
I listened for 5 minutes....just blah blah by Lou. Seriously...like....just say what you have to say and quit trying to make it a gameshow.

Terrible radio.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #1907
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post

[long pause]

I was in tears. The answer a question by asking a question strategy has sure struggles this week.

It’s funny when Lou asks people what Lou said, and actually waits for a response.

It’s tough to hang on his every word when it’s like some kind of free form Jack Kerouac stream of consciousness blather where the unifying thread or underlying theme is difficult to discern

“What was it that we talked about, Pat?”
“I was part of the conversation Lou, heard every word you said, and my answer is ‘I really don’t know’”
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 02:14 PM   #1908
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post

[long pause]

I absolutely HATE people that do this as a general conversational technique. The last boss I had did the same thing, pose a question and have you try to finish their thought as if you're an extension of their internal monologue.

It puts so much pressure on a person, and it's ridiculously awkward if you answer incorrectly or say you don't know.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #1909
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I listened for 5 minutes....just blah blah by Lou. Seriously...like....just say what you have to say and quit trying to make it a gameshow.

Terrible radio.
Lou was actually upfront about what he was saying.”there are things I can’t say”

He’s employed by the team. If he wants to rip them up and down then he can find a new employer. That isn’t his job. He’s a professional and I think he addressed the tire fire of a game/season professionally.

Pinder can rip them all he wants, and they deserve it, but he doesn’t have Lou’s job.

Lou’s in a tough spot. His job is the help sell winning or hope. Right now there isn’t a whole lot of either.

Without turning this season around somewhat and getting value back for Gaudreau and Monahan based on their contracts and play, there is little that can be done. Even coaching. Bringing in a new coach who can’t really interact with the players in limited practice sessions?

Good luck.

They need more than anything is to have a sports psychologist overhaul the entire group. Last night was almost a cry for help.

The likelihood of that working is a prayer but it’s something that has been self evident for almost a 1/2 decade. Maybe they’re doing it behind the scenes. I don’t know.

Their play is far from being described as professional and clinical.

Trade deadline will be the moment where everything comes to a fruition with 36 more games of this garbage or they pull things out of the fire.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:22 PM   #1910
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had to do a bunch of driving around this afternoon, the guys on 960 were certainly being blunt. I don't listen that much anymore but I don't remember them being this negative in a long time. Goes to show it's not just the die hards on there that are fed up.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #1911
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is funny that even when I agree with Nault I don’t like him. He is just like Francis has this arrogant tone to his voice. Just terrible
Vinny01 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #1912
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't listen to sports talk radio or understand the appeal but the commentary posted here lately reminds me of another classic Loubardias rant back regarding Kris Russell that was posted here. Had to give it a listen again. What a clown - how do people listen to this #### on a daily basis? Obviously that clip has entertainment but not in the manner intended.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/hockey-...-best-slotted/
Old 02-26-2021, 04:29 PM   #1913
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I absolutely HATE people that do this as a general conversational technique. The last boss I had did the same thing, pose a question and have you try to finish their thought as if you're an extension of their internal monologue.

It puts so much pressure on a person, and it's ridiculously awkward if you answer incorrectly or say you don't know.
And when you get it wrong, instead of telling you what it is after saying no, they keep staring at you, waiting for you to continue guessing. Just tell me what it is! Your words aren't nearly as profound and memorable as you think they are, there bud.

Back to 960, was just listening on the way home to the hypothetical trading for Eichel discussion. I think other people on 960 have figured out its easy to get Nault all fired up, as I swear Steinberg - who doesn't seem like the type of personality at all to intentionally antagonize someone - was poking the bear a bit when Nault started getting riled up:

*Nault, visibly irritated when Steinberg jumps in mid-point: LET ME FINISH MY POINT!!!
Steinberg: *continues interrupting*
- I seriously wonder if he was just trying to get Nault to explode, lol.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 04:52 PM   #1914
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Lou was actually upfront about what he was saying.”there are things I can’t say”

He’s employed by the team. If he wants to rip them up and down then he can find a new employer. That isn’t his job. He’s a professional and I think he addressed the tire fire of a game/season professionally.

Pinder can rip them all he wants, and they deserve it, but he doesn’t have Lou’s job.
I may be wrong here, but I’ve been lead to believe that Wills and Loubardias are not employed by the Flames. As I understand it (and stand to be corrected), they’re Sportsnet 960 employees but to your point, the Flames have say in who is on the broadcast team.

If the Flames were to change radio broadcasters to TSN or any other station, Wills and Loubardias would be out of a job unless the new station hired them.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #1915
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
I don't listen to sports talk radio or understand the appeal but the commentary posted here lately reminds me of another classic Loubardias rant back regarding Kris Russell that was posted here. Had to give it a listen again. What a clown - how do people listen to this #### on a daily basis? Obviously that clip has entertainment but not in the manner intended.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/hockey-...-best-slotted/
This was embarrassing. I can't believe a grown adult would act like he did in this. Ultimate fanboy.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:13 PM   #1916
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Had to do a bunch of driving around this afternoon, the guys on 960 were certainly being blunt. I don't listen that much anymore but I don't remember them being this negative in a long time. Goes to show it's not just the die hards on there that are fed up.

I was running around doing errands, and was listening to them as well, and I started wondering, are they preparing fans for a complete rebuild?
ah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #1917
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
This was embarrassing. I can't believe a grown adult would act like he did in this. Ultimate fanboy.
“This is a player (Kris Russell) that you win with.”

Checks notes... Kris Russell has never won.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeecho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 05:37 PM   #1918
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I like Loubardias but asking him to call a spade a spade in regards to poor performances from players or the team is something you can't expect from him. He's going to let them down easy every time. But that's Loubo.

He's a great color guy and generally I enjoy his commentary.

In tough times like this where you can no longer beat around the bush or play nice, he's a fish out of water.

There are worse guys on the radio and TV than him though and I dont know why we pile on him continually.

Wills and Nault are much harder to listen to.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:41 PM   #1919
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

They're replaying Robert's rant right now.

Amazing. I approve.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #1920
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I like Loubardias but asking him to call a spade a spade in regards to poor performances from players or the team is something you can't expect from him. He's going to let them down easy every time. But that's Loubo.

He's a great color guy and generally I enjoy his commentary.

In tough times like this where you can no longer beat around the bush or play nice, he's a fish out of water.

There are worse guys on the radio and TV than him though and I dont know why we pile on him continually.

Wills and Nault are much harder to listen to.
Yup and the thing with Loubo is that it comes off genuine.

With him I’m not sure it’s as much that he’s a paid shill for the team but actually that he’s just a genuinely nice guy that wouldn’t want to talk poorly about people he likely considers his friends in public.

Wills on the other hand is annoying because it 100% comes off as being a paid shill for the organization.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: