Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #1881
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Dempster's bread commercial with the girl lip syncing "I got you" and the dude's flexing his arms. Horrible
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #1882
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else hate the PokerStars commercial with Rafael Nadal? My main issue is with the chick, and the fact that they dub her saying "Nadal" at the end. It's just irritating to no end that you can tell that she's not the one saying it. They really couldn't find someone capable of saying his name? The voice stands out so damn much in the commercial; it gets on my nerves when it's on every commercial break.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #1883
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

??? ... it's her saying it. It's a spanish woman saying a spanish name.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #1884
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
??? ... it's her saying it. It's a spanish woman saying a spanish name.
Listen to it very carefully, that's someone else's voice, it's definitely been dubbed in.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #1885
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Anyone else hate the PokerStars commercial with Rafael Nadal? My main issue is with the chick, and the fact that they dub her saying "Nadal" at the end. It's just irritating to no end that you can tell that she's not the one saying it. They really couldn't find someone capable of saying his name? The voice stands out so damn much in the commercial; it gets on my nerves when it's on every commercial break.
I couldn't even figure out what she was saying the first few times, because it just makes no sense to me to say Nadal, after someone tells her to shut up in a library.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #1886
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

What is a Man who "loves Canada" and "loves hockey" doing by himself in Indonesia?

#ladyboys
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #1887
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

There is one one the radio. It is a cop talking about how he just passed a line of traffic going the other way and everyone slowed down except the one that was driven by an obviously drunk person. This is fine and dandy until he says he would help but it is up to you to call 911. WTF?
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #1888
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
What is a Man who "loves Canada" and "loves hockey" doing by himself in Indonesia?

#ladyboys
I wonder how they are so quiet to get all those camera angles just right and then clear it all away to get that final one where the guy comes out of his hut he's been hiding in on a nice sunny day, and is overcome with surprise. Realistically there should have been about 4 cameras in view.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #1889
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
There is one one the radio. It is a cop talking about how he just passed a line of traffic going the other way and everyone slowed down except the one that was driven by an obviously drunk person. This is fine and dandy until he says he would help but it is up to you to call 911. WTF?
Right, he's going to catch this guy, but he can't catch everybody. So if we see any other drunks, call 911.

I get that it isn't a great commercial. But the message does seem clear.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #1890
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Right, he's going to catch this guy, but he can't catch everybody. So if we see any other drunks, call 911.

I get that it isn't a great commercial. But the message does seem clear.
I get that part and I like the message. It's the way they say "I saw the guy but it's up to you to call 911."
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #1891
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
On the new Wendy's commercial with the idiot running and grabbing the fire extinguisher, has anyone else noticed that the version that airs on Canadian channels, she stops him before he discharges the extinguisher; but on the version that airs on US channels, he blasts her in the face with it and she has white residue all over her face when they cut to her?
Every time I see that ad I assume the reason her 'mouth is on fire' is because there's too much siracha sauce in all the yop she gobbles around the office.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #1892
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 'Raising The Roof' toque commercials.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #1893
annasuave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
The 'Raising The Roof' toque commercials.
They're bad enough to make you wish for a ham-handed Timmy's commercial.
annasuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #1894
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The ridiculously over dramatic Team Canada Olympics commercials.

It's just sports.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #1895
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

"You got it booking right" You deserve this booking vacation" The guy who wrote that commercial needs a good booking kick in the balls.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #1896
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I actually laughed at that one the first time I saw it.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #1897
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
The Dempster's bread commercial with the girl lip syncing "I got you" and the dude's flexing his arms. Horrible
that new Dempsters ad with the security guard lip-synching "I'm too sexy" is outright annoying.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #1898
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
"You got it booking right" You deserve this booking vacation" The guy who wrote that commercial needs a good booking kick in the balls.
as annoying as the voiceover is, I actually don't mind this commercial too much because that's how I feel when I walk into a hotel and it's better than I was expecting. sure beats the times when a giant cockroach is at the front desk to process your check in.

in general though, TSN is really piling the crap on overdrive lately. it seems every single commercial break is a rotation of the following:

1. Nadal playing online poker with his magical waterproof iPad (yet I still wait to the end every time to see if he wins or loses)

2. snowboarding d-nozzle having an orgasmic experience over Rogers LTE download speeds and taunting his friend over it

3. all of Canada supposedly spitting out their drinks over an MLS signing

4. the immortal commercial that cannot be killed off...

I'm doin' it!
I'm diggin' it!
I'm bringin' it!
We're feelin' it!
I'm livin' it up!
I'm lighting it up!
Woooo! I'm burning it up!
And I'm lovin' it baby!

for this one it's gone past the point of bad and looped around, such that I now stand up and do the knee/fist pump along with the last guy.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #1899
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
The thing I don't get about this commercial is that they are targeting the North American audience, but use two Spaniards to do it, one of which has one word that is barely understandable by said audience. Was this commercial recycled from Spain or something? I don't get it. Nadal has name value, that's about the only connection I can see.

And it would have been more appropriate for her to say "I won" or "I lost" or something, rather than the name of the guy she won/lost to.

If we lose to the Sharks on Thursday, I'm going to say "San Jose".
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #1900
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I wonder how they are so quiet to get all those camera angles just right and then clear it all away to get that final one where the guy comes out of his hut he's been hiding in on a nice sunny day, and is overcome with surprise. Realistically there should have been about 4 cameras in view.
Commercial would have been better if the guy opened his door and the fridge was there instead of his buddies. His buddies should not have been there, which is now just a dude-bro reunion. The fridge was completely useless.

Also, this was completely set up as you suggest. With his paper-thin beach hut walls, he would have heard all the setup and commotion. especially with them coming up the stairs to his rickety shack.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks