Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2018, 02:08 PM   #1881
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Lol, all is well. When we win the game in hand to pass the Mohammad Salah team, we should be in great shape. Kane just wants goals for his 3rd Golden Boot in a row.
More Tottenham nonsense. If it flicked off of Kane's shoulder it should have been a handball and not counted....

More free points for Spuds due to a League Conspiracy!

The refs are all Lizard-Men!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #1882
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
More Tottenham nonsense. If it flicked off of Kane's shoulder it should have been a handball and not counted....

More free points for Spuds due to a League Conspiracy!

The refs are all Lizard-Men!
You’ll have more evidence for the conspiracy when City loses all their remaining games, we win ours and get the title by one point. I like to think of that as the well-earned point from Anfield that you probably still recall?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #1883
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
You’ll have more evidence for the conspiracy when City loses all their remaining games, we win ours and get the title by one point. I like to think of that as the well-earned point from Anfield that you probably still recall?
You've made an enemy this day.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #1884
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

didn't watch the game tonight, but man, winning after being down 0:2 is really sweet and Pogba scoring two is icing on the cake.

Won't matter in the end to City and their runaway title, but it's a nice victory nonetheless.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #1885
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
didn't watch the game tonight, but man, winning after being down 0:2 is really sweet and Pogba scoring two is icing on the cake.

Won't matter in the end to City and their runaway title, but it's a nice victory nonetheless.
Might matter to City as they wont be going into that next Liverpool game with any confidence.

For United could put to bed Pogba rumours . Also Sanchez has really broken out of his slump and that's good news as well.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:09 AM   #1886
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Also, ask people who have been fans before the saudis bought the team
Will ask them if I ever find one
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 05:04 AM   #1887
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
Might matter to City as they wont be going into that next Liverpool game with any confidence.

For United could put to bed Pogba rumours . Also Sanchez has really broken out of his slump and that's good news as well.
sure. I just meant they'll be champions anyway and deservedly so ... this loss will sting a bit for sure, but in the big picture it won't really matter to them. But yeah, it's shaping up to be horrific week for them: humiliated by Liverpool, blew a 2-0 lead in the derby, probably crash out of the CL. Beautiful.

For United, I think it's much more important. Finally watched the game, and it's shocking how bad they were in the first half. Shocking. But that second half was something else ... and Pogba and Sanchez being critical to the comeback was just great to see. It can't be understated how important Pogba is for this team - when he's on, he lifts the whole team. Sanchez has always worked really hard for the team, but it's great to see him have an impact like that in a big game. Has to happen way more often and more consistently.

In the end it's just a very satisfying result. Peps mindgames blowing up in his own face as Pogba scored 2 was a thing of beauty. Obviously they were very lucky too (the Young foul was a clear pen to me) and De Geas wizardry helped as usual.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #1888
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
sure. I just meant they'll be champions anyway and deservedly so ... this loss will sting a bit for sure, but in the big picture it won't really matter to them. But yeah, it's shaping up to be horrific week for them: humiliated by Liverpool, blew a 2-0 lead in the derby, probably crash out of the CL. Beautiful.

For United, I think it's much more important. Finally watched the game, and it's shocking how bad they were in the first half. Shocking. But that second half was something else ... and Pogba and Sanchez being critical to the comeback was just great to see. It can't be understated how important Pogba is for this team - when he's on, he lifts the whole team. Sanchez has always worked really hard for the team, but it's great to see him have an impact like that in a big game. Has to happen way more often and more consistently.

In the end it's just a very satisfying result. Peps mindgames blowing up in his own face as Pogba scored 2 was a thing of beauty. Obviously they were very lucky too (the Young foul was a clear pen to me) and De Geas wizardry helped as usual.
Well.....the teams werent devastated by an asteroid mid-game which would have been the ideal scenario, but as far as improving Liverpool's chances next week this, I suppose, was the next best thing.

I believe however, that we can all agree that City totally 'Spurs'd' this one up.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #1889
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joe Hart, man of the match in front of Southgate, and you know what that means...

...enjoy the starting XI in Russia, Joe.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 04-08-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Senator Clay Davis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #1890
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chicharito, the Chelsea slayer ... some things just never change. Seeing him celebrate with Evra ... awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #1891
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's probably just paper talk, but man, I simply love the idea. I'm sure Locke would be a big fan too!!

Quote:
Sometimes at Sport Witness we find a story which is so eyebrow raising that we have to close it all up, pretend it was a mistake, open it again and have a head wobble. L’Equipe has provided one of those moments on Sunday evening.

The French newspaper claim Liverpool are keen on signing Marouane Fellaini from Manchester United. With a contract ending in June, Fellaini will be available for nothing unless he renews, and L’Equipe claim Liverpool have drawn up a rough three year contract for the midfielder.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/lequipe-li...uane-fellaini/
Old 04-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #1892
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scenes when Fellaini scores the title winning goal for Liverpool at Old Trafford next year.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #1893
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

He can replace Salah!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #1894
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Former Goodison, & United player to Anfield?

Oh yeah, let the Cinderella transaction commence.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #1895
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya know, with all this City talk, figured one of their own would make headlines today.

Joey Barton's ban has ended, and is available on a free.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/04/05...s-midfielders/
Old 04-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #1896
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spurs appealing to the FA to award a goal to Kane instead of Eriksen and Kane "swearing on his daughter's life" that he got a touch is one if the weirdest and most pathetic things I've seen in a while.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #1897
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spurs appealing to the FA to award a goal to Kane instead of Eriksen and Kane "swearing on his daughter's life" that he got a touch is one if the weirdest and most pathetic things I've seen in a while.
No getting around it, that’s lame.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #1898
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

So this is our KDB/Salah moment then. Thanks a lot, Jose!

https://twitter.com/user/status/983694493487689728
Old 04-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #1899
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

He needs to see the forest for the trees. If United is to compete in both Europe and domestically, they need that depth. Rashford has been making a bit of noise in the same context too. Look at the squads in 08 & 99; incredible depth.

He just needs to look cross-town to see Aguero doesn't get nearly the starts he once had... but surely enjoys the successes he's having now.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #1900
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd take both Rashford and Martial.