Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #1861
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

hey guys, been at sea for the last week or so, can anyone give me an update on cards released for hut? Will be in SD in a week or so, just curious if its worth it to fire up the xbone and do some auctions.

Thanks in advance
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #1862
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
hey guys, been at sea for the last week or so, can anyone give me an update on cards released for hut? Will be in SD in a week or so, just curious if its worth it to fire up the xbone and do some auctions.

Thanks in advance
Should be some more dropping today. Last week it was TOTW Ovi.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #1863
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I want an NHL game to play so bad but man I just hated NHL 14. The vast majority of my losses were from stupid flukey goals, I'd win 6 in a row then the next game the first shot goes in. Then the second shot goes in from a shot behind the net and teleports through the goalie.

I just wish losing felt more like getting beat than getting screwed by EA as the random element of getting screwed just takes all the fun away. Out shoot a guy 35 to 10 and 4 of his perimeter shots go in.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #1864
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I missing something or is there not a best lines in hut of ps4 anymore?
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #1865
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
Am I missing something or is there not a best lines in hut of ps4 anymore?
You're not missing anything. It's gone.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #1866
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well ain't that a pain in the ass
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #1867
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
Well ain't that a pain in the ass
For sure if you just want the best rated players you have. I like to try and mix it up or else it just becomes boring.

Did the nashville collection last night (just MTL, CHI, PITS, TB, WSH to go!) and pulled the MS Verbata.

New line up:

Lehkonen - Datsyuk - Hossa
Benn - Seguin - Modano
Zucarello - POTG Lemeux - Bennett
TOTW Boyle - TOTW Hanzal - Hunter Smith (This line is so much fun online, protect the puck all day and do whatever you want)

MOV Brodie - Seabrook
Hedman - TOTW Ekblad
Nurse - TOTW Sanguetti

TOTW Fleury
Thiessen

I've been switching between Nurse-Sanguetti and Wotherspoon-Hamilton but I would like to find a silver/bronze OFD to go with wotherspoon.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:13 AM   #1868
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

I figured i would post my current lineup.. I have 2 teams. My main team is

Kopitar/91- Zetterberg(A)93- Perry TOTW/93

Steen/POtG 89- Kesler/TOtW 91- Oshie TotW-90

Parise/90- Datsyuk(A)90- Semin/MS 87

Benn/90 Backes/PotG 89 Couture/TotW 90

D-

Suter/92 Weber/93

Giordano(C)TotW/90 Subban/90

Kronwall/89 Pietrangelo/90

G- Rinne TotW/93

Thomas ASG/89

Pretty balanced lineup, but havnt been able to play much due to being at sea and the interwebs in San Diego military rec center suck.. Home in a couple days to really test this lineup on a solid connection.

Will drop Kopitar off that top line in a heartbeat if they ever release a Johnny Hockey HUT card...
Old 02-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #1869
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I figured i would post my current lineup.. I have 2 teams. My main team is

Kopitar/91- Zetterberg(A)93- Perry TOTW/93

Steen/POtG 89- Kesler/TOtW 91- Oshie TotW-90

Parise/90- Datsyuk(A)90- Semin/MS 87

Benn/90 Backes/PotG 89 Couture/TotW 90

D-

Suter/92 Weber/93

Giordano(C)TotW/90 Subban/90

Kronwall/89 Pietrangelo/90

G- Rinne TotW/93

Thomas ASG/89

Pretty balanced lineup, but havnt been able to play much due to being at sea and the interwebs in San Diego military rec center suck.. Home in a couple days to really test this lineup on a solid connection.

Will drop Kopitar off that top line in a heartbeat if they ever release a Johnny Hockey HUT card...
I've been harassing them pretty much daily for one but they are really resistent to adding him in. I think it's due to jealousy from the Vancouver fans that develop the game. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate. There is a bronze Gaudreau though but not Johnny Hockey. I like boosting him and pretending, I've gotten a few DM asking if Johnny Hockey was added and if I would sell him lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 12:20 AM   #1870
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here's my latest squad

Stamkos - C (95) - WC Bergeron - A (95) - Bure (92)
Mov. Benn (93) - Toews - P. Kane -A (92)
TOTW Getzlaf (93) - Lindros (92) - TOTW Thornton (91)
Kurri (92) - Kesler (90) - Duchene (90)

Suter (92) - ASG Doughty (93)
Pietroangelo (91) - POTG Keith (93)
TOTW Seabrook (91) - MS Bourque (93)

TOTW Fleury (91)
Bishop (88)
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:09 AM   #1871
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
I've been harassing them pretty much daily for one but they are really resistent to adding him in. I think it's due to jealousy from the Vancouver fans that develop the game. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate. There is a bronze Gaudreau though but not Johnny Hockey. I like boosting him and pretending, I've gotten a few DM asking if Johnny Hockey was added and if I would sell him lol.
I've read somewhere (I think it was on the Huthead site) that they can't release a Gaudreau card because EA isn't allowed/hasn't got the rights to add players that signed their (first) pro contract after a specific date.

I have no idea if that's true, but it's the most logic explanation I've heard.

It would make sense because, if I'm not mistaken, Bill Arnold isn't on HUT either.
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #1872
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J79 View Post
I've read somewhere (I think it was on the Huthead site) that they can't release a Gaudreau card because EA isn't allowed/hasn't got the rights to add players that signed their (first) pro contract after a specific date.

I have no idea if that's true, but it's the most logic explanation I've heard.

It would make sense because, if I'm not mistaken, Bill Arnold isn't on HUT either.
I was starting to wonder if it was due to something like this also. Has to be a licensing issue right?! But wait... He's in versus...

Then I deduced it to EA being lazy and not wanting to have to actually make a hut card for johnny. Ya know, copy and paste ?!?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #1873
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I was starting to wonder if it was due to something like this also. Has to be a licensing issue right?! But wait... He's in versus...

Then I deduced it to EA being lazy and not wanting to have to actually make a hut card for johnny. Ya know, copy and paste ?!?
It's because he doesn't have a picture in the game. Any player without a picture doesn't have a HUT card.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #1874
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
It's because he doesn't have a picture in the game. Any player without a picture doesn't have a HUT card.
Not to doubt ya, but as I understand it, some players pics aren't the actual player themselves. For instance on some of the ufa cards that were thrown in to "balance the market"...

Sure they could whip something up in a short period of time. My cousin does amateur 3d rendering on his computer and comes up with some pretty crazy stuff in a matter of hours. I have a hard time believing EA doesn't have the resources to make a card...

Honestly, I really think it is the lazy/FU factor we are getting from EA here...
Old 02-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #1875
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Not to doubt ya, but as I understand it, some players pics aren't the actual player themselves. For instance on some of the ufa cards that were thrown in to "balance the market"...

Sure they could whip something up in a short period of time. My cousin does amateur 3d rendering on his computer and comes up with some pretty crazy stuff in a matter of hours. I have a hard time believing EA doesn't have the resources to make a card...

Honestly, I really think it is the lazy/FU factor we are getting from EA here...
I think its the lazy factor for sure. They really have no excuse to not have him in HUT. A couple weeks in they even added the 200 or so free agents who are mostly useless (including Rio Yassin who is a make a wish kid) yet they are so stubborn on Gaudreau. Tweet @Jmclean42 and bug him constantly.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #1876
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
I think its the lazy factor for sure. They really have no excuse to not have him in HUT. A couple weeks in they even added the 200 or so free agents who are mostly useless (including Rio Yassin who is a make a wish kid) yet they are so stubborn on Gaudreau. Tweet @Jmclean42 and bug him constantly.
I don't tweet, unfortunately. Maybe when I'm out of the mob(CF) I will get into it.. But too much opportunity to say something stupid.

On another note, anyone else on xbone having connection issues tonight? Keep getting lost connection when I find a match..
Old 02-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #1877
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I doubt it's the lazy factor... after all, adding Johnny guarantees thousands of pack sales... And EA may be lazy in fixing things, but if there's money to be made they usually aren't lazy at all.
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #1878
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tweeted the dev team,

The Flames 3rd is still wrong with the alternate A, two years and they didn't notice.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #1879
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Tweeted the dev team,

The Flames 3rd is still wrong with the alternate A, two years and they didn't notice.
The jerseys are so bad lol. The National jerseys are the ugliest sweaters going. Which is why I use the yellow and teal Ukraine Away jersey lol.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:09 AM   #1880
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
I want an NHL game to play so bad but man I just hated NHL 14. The vast majority of my losses were from stupid flukey goals, I'd win 6 in a row then the next game the first shot goes in. Then the second shot goes in from a shot behind the net and teleports through the goalie.

I just wish losing felt more like getting beat than getting screwed by EA as the random element of getting screwed just takes all the fun away. Out shoot a guy 35 to 10 and 4 of his perimeter shots go in.
Do not buy 15.

Do not buy 16 unless reviews indicate that the product is substantially better than 15.

I upgraded to next gen just for hockey. Ea completely screwed this thing up.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:

Tags
chel , ea nhl , ea sports , next gen , nhl