Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #1781
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

DAZN is like any streaming service, everything in their library is available on demand. The news they got the PL is old, but is great since they now have basically everything but Bundesliga.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #1782
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
DAZN is like any streaming service, everything in their library is available on demand. The news they got the PL is old, but is great since they now have basically everything but Bundesliga.
Is SN going to pump BL to fill the void or will their football coverage just disappear?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #1783
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some people aren't fond of DAZN, but I quite like it. Good quality, reliable, good interface, lots of stuff live and on demand.

This year I am spending $150/year for DAZN, and another $190/year for iFollow, just so I can legally watch every Norwich game. With promotion very nearly official now, I'll be getting every game live with proper TV production quality, and saving $190.

Add in all of the Serie A, La Liga, Champions League, Europe League, etc. etc. and some random things like KHL hockey, and it is already pretty good value. I wonder if they'll jack the price with the Premier League coming on board? And if you're an NFL fan (I'm not), they carry all of those games live as well.

I have long been annoyed that Sportsnet would put the odd Premier League game exclusively on SN World, presumably to try and justify their absurd price to content ratio of that ripoff channel. Foreign owners be damned - at least we can now get every single match, live and on demand, for one fair price. It is 2019, after all.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2019, 04:03 PM   #1784
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Some people aren't fond of DAZN, but I quite like it. Good quality, reliable, good interface, lots of stuff live and on demand.

This year I am spending $150/year for DAZN, and another $190/year for iFollow, just so I can legally watch every Norwich game. With promotion very nearly official now, I'll be getting every game live with proper TV production quality, and saving $190.

Add in all of the Serie A, La Liga, Champions League, Europe League, etc. etc. and some random things like KHL hockey, and it is already pretty good value. I wonder if they'll jack the price with the Premier League coming on board? And if you're an NFL fan (I'm not), they carry all of those games live as well.

I have long been annoyed that Sportsnet would put the odd Premier League game exclusively on SN World, presumably to try and justify their absurd price to content ratio of that ripoff channel. Foreign owners be damned - at least we can now get every single match, live and on demand, for one fair price. It is 2019, after all.
Yeah there are some positives to this for sure. I will cut SN World, and won’t miss that. I think that DAZN has a good product, but I do find the production value lacking a bit. Like their commentators aren’t that good and I find I have issues with buffering that are just frustrating. I watched yesterday on a delay because I couldn’t get a chance until later and that’s awesome, because the game is there when you want it. But it was over and done with and I had the buffering and lagging and that’s just terrible.

But yeah, no more SN and a single price for all of it is awesome!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #1785
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Their commentators not being good is an understatement lol. I swear sometimes they aren't even live at the venue, it sounds like they are just in a home studio calling the action they are watching on TV. Like with the NFL surely they could just use the default broadcast crews, pretty sure UCL and UEL have a default English announce crew anyone can use.

As far as what happens with Sportsnet now, I wonder how long Sportsnet World will survive given how overpriced it was to begin with, especially since I'm sure many just had it for the extra PL game every week. I can't imagine Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga and FA Cup are pulling that many subsciptions. Maybe we see Bundesliga more on regular Sportsnet since they've already paid for the content, more than likely we'll start seeing even more NHL, and Jays/Raptors in 30 reruns instead.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:45 AM   #1786
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bruno Genesio is leaving Lyon. Have to think he'll land a PL job next season, he was already linked to Newcastle a few weeks ago (with Rafa's status up in the air).
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #1787
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fulham!! Ahahahaha!!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #1788
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Southampton winning 3-1 against Wolves probably seals Cardiffs fate. Super happy for Ralph Hasenhüttl, he's done a great job with the Saints. Brighton is still in danger after getting hammered 5-0 at home against Bournemouth, but they face Cardiff at home on Tuesday and could put the final dagger in.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #1789
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

West Ham might put the dagger in United's top four hopes. Ole did well to turn the season around, but overall that squad is not that great. Probably need a good £200 million in investment this summer.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #1790
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

West Ham probably deserved better.

2-3 great chances prior to giving up that penalty
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #1791
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I find I have issues with buffering that are just frustrating. I watched yesterday on a delay because I couldn’t get a chance until later and that’s awesome, because the game is there when you want it. But it was over and done with and I had the buffering and lagging and that’s just terrible.
Are you streaming with a wired or wireless connection? It is still early days for them so a wired connection may be a workaround for a bit while they find their legs.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #1792
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah we had issues when they started over here a couple of years ago, but they improved pretty quickly. Wireless is no issue for me (both PS4 and laptop), but a wired connection might help if you have issues.

I absolutely love DAZN. It sucks that they lose the EPL rights over here next season because Sky recently bought them back. Stupid Sky, I wish that company would just die already. It'll be back to some Russian streams for me because I will never ever pay those asshats another Euro.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #1793
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I probably should have bumped the UCL thread, but what do you know, Man City have two goals from two wonderful passes from...De Bruyne and Sane. Almost like they're world class and leaving them on the bench until the 89th minute is dumb.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #1794
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus clearly offside on that goal. PL officials and linesmen really aren't good.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #1795
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Jesus clearly offside on that goal. PL officials and linesmen really aren't good.
Jesus is never offside. Wherever Jesus is...its onside.

Dont make him walk on water! He loves that trick!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #1796
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Obviously he's out for next Saturday's match, only back available next Sunday.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #1797
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sadio 'The Man' Mane!!!

Old 04-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #1798
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well with that I think Liverpool are going to finish with 97 points, Wolves the only game left that should be any sort of problem. So City probably have to win out to keep the title.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #1799
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll take it.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #1800
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well with that I think Liverpool are going to finish with 97 points, Wolves the only game left that should be any sort of problem. So City probably have to win out to keep the title.
Rotate heavily against Spurs midweek and go strong against them on the weekend? It’ll be interesting to see how Pep prioritizes this.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote