Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #161
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Huge auswärtssieg (away win) for Hamburg yesterday over Mainz, making 2 big wins in a row for Die Rothosen (red shorts) as we attempt to stay up and keep that clock running! NUR DER HSV!
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #162
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
Huge auswärtssieg (away win) for Hamburg yesterday over Mainz, making 2 big wins in a row for Die Rothosen (red shorts) as we attempt to stay up and keep that clock running! NUR DER HSV!

as you probably know, there was a really bad injury in this game. Mainz has decided to extend the contract of the injured player so they can take care of him. Really nice gesture.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...atening-injury

Quote:
The Mainz midfielder Elkin Soto, who was due to be out of contract at the end of the season, suffered an horrific knee injury during his side’s 2-1 defeat to Hamburg on Sunday and was immediately offered a new contract by the club in order to cover his recuperation period.
Mainz had not intended to renew Soto’s contract in the summer and the player had planned to return to his native Colombia in order to finish his career there.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #163
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
as you probably know, there was a really bad injury in this game. Mainz has decided to extend the contract of the injured player so they can take care of him. Really nice gesture.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...atening-injury
Very classy move on their part.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #164
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The out-of-town scoreboard was not kind to Hamburg today. Only a miracle can keep them up now, and they certainly do not deserve any good fortune...
Old 06-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #165
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

sigh ... somehow Hamburg survive again. I hoped it was finally time to remove that stupid clock, but thanks to the ref, they are able to tie the game in injury time and force overtime. Now they are up 2-1.

Completely undeserved and it's really unbelievable that they survive yet another season after going full Oilers for a few years now.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #166
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
sigh ... somehow Hamburg survive again. I hoped it was finally time to remove that stupid clock, but thanks to the ref, they are able to tie the game in injury time and force overtime. Now they are up 2-1.

Completely undeserved and it's really unbelievable that they survive yet another season after going full Oilers for a few years now.
Have you had a chance to dry your tears yet devo22?

It's been a week since the miracle of Hamburg, but I'm still excited about it. I'll be in Germany this summer, and made sure that I'll be there for the first weekend of the 2015-2016 Bundesliga season. NUR DER HSV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6F7NhKelE

Old 06-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #167
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
Have you had a chance to dry your tears yet devo22?
there were no tears I was just one of the 99 percent of Bundesliga fans who would have felt a lot of Schadenfreude if they had finally gone down, that's all

have fun in Germany!
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2015, 03:04 PM   #168
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
there were no tears I was just one of the 99 percent of Bundesliga fans who would have felt a lot of Schadenfreude if they had finally gone down, that's all

have fun in Germany!
I think that Hamburg SV is a lot like the Toronto Maple Leafs of the Bundesliga. Great tradition, large loyal (but frustrated) fan base, terrible management, etc.

This will be the seventh time I've gotten to see Hamburg play live. I've already seen them four times in Hamburg (vs. Stuttgart, 1860 Munich, Hannover and Karlsruhe) plus two times in Munich vs. Bayern.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #169
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hertha Berlin picks up Mitchell Weiser on a free transfer from Bayern. I really like Weiser, bummed Bayern didn't make any effort to keep him
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #170
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vidal signs with Bayern. Great soccer player, not so great a person
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beck's , bitburger , diving , krombacher , no biters allowed , tears and writhing , wurst