Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Playing with Fire: Hockey In the Virtual World
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #161
ramizle
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hi, im a member of the club right now and im interested in trying out for competitive.

psn: ramizled

can someone pm me about the tryout date?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #162
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

and just to clarify jobo..... dime_on_flames=funkthat81(psn)
Old 09-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #163
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone around to play some games?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #164
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Updated confirmation list.

jschick88 (jeremyschick8888)
Diemenz (Diemenz)
likwid888 (likwid888)
Dime_On_Flames (funkthat81)
dobbles (dobbles81)
Human Torch (StMerc)
DragonSoul (CalgaryFlame)
jayocal (jayocal)
CMPunk (TattooedSpike)
Kipper is King (GoFlamesGo89)
Savvy27 (reggie_dunlop12)
jiginla12 (sloppy2315)
Diverce (Diverce)
koop (koop06)
keenan87 (Kash-8791)
Flash Walken (FlashWalken)
Cactus Jack
ramizle (ramizle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I'd like to be in Jobo, as long as everyone is serious.
Do keep in mind your gonna have to probably do a few tryout games since you haven't had any activity this month to base your play on; so you won't be on the club initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramizle View Post
can someone pm me about the tryout date?
There isn't a specific tryout date. Just the final night before cuts is this Friday, September 30th.

The more people that get online, the better. At this point to give you guys an idea how much the club roster will cut down, it's going to be fairly small on October 1st. So get as many games in as possible to make as many attempts to impress. Again, if there are too many people for a 6 man club game (or don't feel like having a goaltender), do some intersquad games.

Avoid starting playoff games if your doing club games. Be sure to double check. The roster for this month is limited to those who have played in a good number of games (+20 up to this point) this month. Those are StMerc, Diemenz, likwid888, CalgaryFlame, funkthat81, and jermeryschick8888.

Last edited by Joborule; 09-27-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #165
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Updated confirmation list.

jschick88 (jeremyschick8888)
Diemenz (Diemenz)
likwid888 (likwid888)
Dime_On_Flames (funkthat81)
dobbles (dobbles81)
Human Torch (StMerc)
DragonSoul (CalgaryFlame)
jayocal (jayocal)
CMPunk (TattooedSpike)
Kipper is King (GoFlamesGo89)
Savvy27 (reggie_dunlop12)
jiginla12 (sloppy2315)
Diverce (Diverce)
koop (koop06)
keenan87 (Kash-8791)
Flash Walken (FlashWalken)
Cactus Jack
ramizle (ramizle)

Do keep in mind your gonna have to probably do a few tryout games since you haven't had any activity this month to base your play on; so you won't be on the club initially.

There isn't a specific tryout date. Just the final night before cuts is this Friday, September 30th.

The more people that get online, the better. At this point to give you guys an idea how much the club roster will cut down, it's going to be fairly small on October 1st. So get as many games in as possible to make as many attempts to impress. Again, if there are too many people for a 6 man club game (or don't feel like having a goaltender), do some intersquad games.

Avoid starting playoff games if your doing club games. Be sure to double check. The roster for this month is limited to those who have played in a good number of games (+20 up to this point) this month. Those are StMerc, Diemenz, likwid888, CalgaryFlame, funkthat81, and jermeryschick8888.
I don't know how much I will be online this week. Crazy week for work. I think I have put enough time to show interest for the competitive team.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #166
ramizle
Scoring Winger

Exp:

When you say play 20 games, does that mean 20 games with the club? Or do drop in games count?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #167
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramizle View Post
When you say play 20 games, does that mean 20 games with the club? Or do drop in games count?
20 games with the club.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #168
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Good night last night. 2 G and 4 or 5 A in two wins, including this one I sorta like. Slam on the brakes and snipe!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/95161266

Things are going better for me this year, I think.

In fact, since most of us have played together for a while, we are pretty cohesive.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #169
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

maybe you one of you guys can help me out with something. I am stuck on superstar 1! I have to improve my grade to a B+ but no matter what my grade is during a game, I can only manage to get a B....i'm stumped. I've gotten A+ A A+ and still a B grade. Am I missing something here???
Old 09-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #170
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime_On_Flames View Post
maybe you one of you guys can help me out with something. I am stuck on superstar 1! I have to improve my grade to a B+ but no matter what my grade is during a game, I can only manage to get a B....i'm stumped. I've gotten A+ A A+ and still a B grade. Am I missing something here???
It's based on the average grade of all of the online games you have played. If you're stuck at B, keep playing online games and get good grades to boost your overall average grade.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #171
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid888 View Post
It's based on the average grade of all of the online games you have played. If you're stuck at B, keep playing online games and get good grades to boost your overall average grade.
ahhh i see....man that's a long road back....i was horrible at the start lol
Old 09-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #172
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

and one other thing. Maybe Merc can help me out with this one as he's pretty slick at it. I still can't seem to do a one timer shot. Everytime i try to wind up for a shot my guy ends up backing up or going for a hit if i push forward. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #173
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime_On_Flames View Post
and one other thing. Maybe Merc can help me out with this one as he's pretty slick at it. I still can't seem to do a one timer shot. Everytime i try to wind up for a shot my guy ends up backing up or going for a hit if i push forward. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Hold down L2 and jam the right stick up when the pass is coming your way.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #174
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Hold down L2 and jam the right stick up when the pass is coming your way.
thanks lik!! I knew i was missing something...wasn't holding L2 down!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #175
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Close.

How the grading system works is it takes the average of your last 20 games only.

That is why occasionally you will have a game that is good ( say B+ average) and drop a grade because you might have bumped out an all A+ game off the last 20 game average.

Dime if I can make a suggestion play OTP and make the easy outlet pass then don't get caught in the zone. As a Dman the thing that kills your grades is Turnover Ratio. Always make a quick pass unless you are absolutely open, turning the puck over at the blueline is like grade suicide. If no one is open and they leave you all alone in the zone Flip the puck out of the zone, this doesn't count as a turnover.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diemenz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #176
KipperFaNaTic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

wrong thread
Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #177
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Close.

How the grading system works is it takes the average of your last 20 games only.

That is why occasionally you will have a game that is good ( say B+ average) and drop a grade because you might have bumped out an all A+ game off the last 20 game average.

Dime if I can make a suggestion play OTP and make the easy outlet pass then don't get caught in the zone. As a Dman the thing that kills your grades is Turnover Ratio. Always make a quick pass unless you are absolutely open, turning the puck over at the blueline is like grade suicide. If no one is open and they leave you all alone in the zone Flip the puck out of the zone, this doesn't count as a turnover.
Yes and no. All your online games count, but the more you play the less those early games count. So if your on game 100, game one will still carry a weight but not as much as games 80 to 100. But game 79 still counts, 78 counts but not as much as 79 and so on, so one or two bad games aren't going to kill your average, but 10 will, until you play more games and then those 10 won't be weighted as heavily.

And dump ins for some reason are still counted as turnovers, but it doesn't affect your team play grade. You are essentially turning the puck over, only your not turning it over and causing a scoring chance.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #178
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverce View Post
Yes and no. All your online games count, but the more you play the less those early games count. So if your on game 100, game one will still carry a weight but not as much as games 80 to 100. But game 79 still counts, 78 counts but not as much as 79 and so on, so one or two bad games aren't going to kill your average, but 10 will, until you play more games and then those 10 won't be weighted as heavily.

And dump ins for some reason are still counted as turnovers, but it doesn't affect your team play grade. You are essentially turning the puck over, only your not turning it over and causing a scoring chance.
I will email EA and tell them to take that info down, those #######s lead me astray by outlining the grading on the web page with wrong information.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #179
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Playoff champs muthafatas!
The Following User Says Thank You to likwid888 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #180
jiginla12
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

so whats the deal with the roster trimming, are there like tryouts taking place tomorrow or do you just post whos in and whos out?

Tags
blinkingricorules , dobblesoutofretirement? , elitetop100herewecome! , send me