Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2023, 11:25 AM   #161
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Is it me, or is TSN brutal? Any way to get full game replays with TSN Go or whatever they call it now without having the score shoved in your face?

Even low budget One Soccer with their tens and tens of subscribers has this figured out.
I "timeshift" a lot (record and watch later), and that's one of the main reasons I keep cable around (plus it would be more expensive to get TSN and Sportsnet separately).

TSN is the worst. To watch the full match on-demand on the web site, the same page spoils the score. I don't know if there is a way around it. Other than recording it and avoiding the score, but I realize that's kind of old school and many people don't have cable anymore.

Even CTV's streaming site doesn't have the Canada matches on-demand afterwards, even though they carry them live on cable.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 11:58 AM   #162
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I "timeshift" a lot (record and watch later), and that's one of the main reasons I keep cable around (plus it would be more expensive to get TSN and Sportsnet separately).

TSN is the worst. To watch the full match on-demand on the web site, the same page spoils the score. I don't know if there is a way around it. Other than recording it and avoiding the score, but I realize that's kind of old school and many people don't have cable anymore.

Even CTV's streaming site doesn't have the Canada matches on-demand afterwards, even though they carry them live on cable.
Thanks! This drives me nuts. I never watch sports live. Sportsnet and OneSoccer do this well.

MLS Live throws the frigging score right on the thumbnail of the game, enough to ensure I'll never subscribe to that service.

Edit: Looks like the MLS thing can be fixed with a setting. I'll wait for TFC to not be abysmal before considering picking that up again, however.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2023, 12:29 PM   #163
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Canada looked pretty good in the 2nd half. If Sinclair had any finish they would have potted another one as she had two great chances that she flubbed.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 08:35 PM   #164
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good win and fight back. Hope for a draw between Aus and Nigeria.

First goal is a terrible goal no matter how you cut it. Complete misjudgement off the foot, there was no Irish player within 5 yards of the keeper, who should've realized it was headed on net and got in a better position so she could jump properly and touch it over the bar. Instead starting backpedaling far too late and couldn't jump properly.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 06:26 AM   #165
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow Nigeria beats Australia 3-2! Big upset.

Canada will just need a draw in their final match to move on.
Old 07-27-2023, 07:41 AM   #166
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Still need a big win to win the group.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2023, 04:25 PM   #167
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
Jamaica drew France! Go Concacaf!
And they beat Panama.

They have not allowed a goal in the tournament. If they can draw Brazil, they're in the knockout round.

Old 07-30-2023, 11:08 AM   #168
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm interested to hear what people think of Canada's chances of advancing tomorrow morning.

A draw will do it, but Australia are facing elimination if they don't win, and will likely come out attacking. If Canada lose, they'll need Ireland to beat Nigeria. A draw in that match would mean Canada would be out on goal difference should they lose to Australia.

I'd give Canada about a 30% chance of progressing. Sam Kerr looks likely to play, and if she's anywhere close to full fitness, it'll be very hard for Canada to get anything out of the match.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 11:12 AM   #169
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Australia has a poor record against Canada. It's kind of a clash of styles. As in thier play similar styles but Canada does everything just a little bit better.

Australia will be under immense pressure and will probably be nervous.

Old 07-30-2023, 11:50 AM   #170
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I am not a Womens soccer expert by any means but I think a draw or Canada win is the most likely result tomorrow.

Australia needing to win can be just as bad for them as a threat to us. It means they need to force things leaving themselves open and potentially play a style that doesn't suit them.

The fact that Nigeria looks like they will almost assuredly go through is crazy. Canada should have never let that game be close, qualification should be assured already.

If it weren't for how bad Canada played in that Nigeria game, i would say we are 100% through but if we repeat that performance we could easily screw this up.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 01:39 PM   #171
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 07-30-2023, 01:54 PM   #172
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
I am not a Womens soccer expert by any means but I think a draw or Canada win is the most likely result tomorrow.

Australia needing to win can be just as bad for them as a threat to us. It means they need to force things leaving themselves open and potentially play a style that doesn't suit them.

The fact that Nigeria looks like they will almost assuredly go through is crazy. Canada should have never let that game be close, qualification should be assured already.

If it weren't for how bad Canada played in that Nigeria game, i would say we are 100% through but if we repeat that performance we could easily screw this up.
We'll see if the home crowd gives them a boost.

I think the match is 50-50. An early goal for either side will be huge.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 02:31 PM   #173
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
We'll see if the home crowd gives them a boost.

I think the match is 50-50. An early goal for either side will be huge.
Yup, the longer it stays 0-0 the more desperate and 'out of control' Australia becomes. We saw what happen to New Zealand today, just couldn't break through.

Australia isn't that good. I watched them crash out of the Asian Cup last year to South Korea in the quarterfinals. And we all see how poor South Korea is.

Old 07-30-2023, 03:05 PM   #174
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

From what I’ve seen in varied highlights so far from this WC, just pump the ball into the box at any opportunity.

With unconfident goalies willing to come out, and defenders treating the ball often like a grenade, lots of opportunity to get a toe on a bouncing ball rattling around in there.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2023, 04:33 PM   #175
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
From what I’ve seen in varied highlights so far from this WC, just pump the ball into the box at any opportunity.

With unconfident goalies willing to come out, and defenders treating the ball often like a grenade, lots of opportunity to get a toe on a bouncing ball rattling around in there.
And VAR. Anything is a penalty.

Old 07-30-2023, 05:04 PM   #176
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canada should be able to beat Australia. It is going to be a very tough, physical match, but these are the ones that you’ve got to find a way to get a result

If Sam Kerr is healthy and plays then it becomes that much harder a match
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:17 PM   #177
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canada should win or at least get the tie to advance. Aussies were horrible vs Nigeria failing to generate much attack while having too many defensive breakdowns. The home crowd and an 80% Sam Kerr will help but this game is Canada's to lose.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:48 AM   #178
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs;8786907[b
]I am not a Womens soccer expert[/b] by any means but I think a draw or Canada win is the most likely result tomorrow.

Going by your name, you aren’t much of a Men’s soccer expert either.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 01:51 AM   #179
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Yup, the longer it stays 0-0 the more desperate and 'out of control' Australia becomes. We saw what happen to New Zealand today, just couldn't break through.

Australia isn't that good. I watched them crash out of the Asian Cup last year to South Korea in the quarterfinals. And we all see how poor South Korea is.
Watch out for officiating - there is a pretty good chance the 50/50s are going to the home team.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 04:12 AM   #180
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well crap, that’s a tough start. Buchanan and Lawrence both pretty tentative in closing down space of the attackers. Need to be right on them

Sheridan with an unreal save two minutes later to save Buchanan/Lawrence AGAIN! Wake up!

Last edited by M*A*S*H 4077; 07-31-2023 at 04:14 AM.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canwnt , kadeisha , nwsl , sinclair