Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2019, 09:00 PM   #161
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
With the Stamps needing two scores all he did was go a perfect 9/9 running one in and throwing for another on a 15 point run to secure the win. Doug Flutie in his prime couldn't have done that any better. He balled out tonight. I hope Bo isn't out long but I think this guy isn't too bad.
9/9, with some difficult throws in there. 1 TD, 1 2 pt conversion pass, 1 running TD.

Came in down 11 after the 3 minute warning.

Eric Rogers too. 3TDs and 2 2 point conversions, and the onside recovery. HUGE game.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:10 PM   #162
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep. Those weren't wide open receivers he was throwing to. He put the ball where only the receivers could bring them in. He threw it where only Rogers could grab it on the TD and 2 Point converts. Honestly he looked more accurate than Bo. No QB controversy but it's nice to know the backup is a gamer.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:44 PM   #163
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

It will be interesting to see how bad Bo’s shoulder injury is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #164
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguyfire View Post
It will be interesting to see how bad Bo’s shoulder injury is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah...if its his AC joint...likely out a month as you dont want scar tissue building up and the only way that happens is by not using it.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:30 PM   #165
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Bo could be out for a while. This certainly is looking like a season of adversity for the Stamps. Not a bad thing as I think this will be a team that gells in the 2nd half of the season.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:13 PM   #166
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
After a few weeks of CFL ball it seems like Winnipeg and Edmonton are the most balanced and clear front runners in the West. Bc has an all time putrid D, and Calgary def looks super shakey on D as well.
Stamps have only played 2 games...little early for "clear front runners" talk
Old 06-30-2019, 12:25 AM   #167
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Stamps have only played 2 games...little early for "clear front runners" talk
Never too early to talk about front runners and teams in trouble. I'm sure no one would disagree that Montreal may only win 3 games this year, for instance. Calgary had a great run but the D simply isn't in the same ballpark as they had last season.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:34 AM   #168
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Never too early to talk about front runners and teams in trouble. I'm sure no one would disagree that Montreal may only win 3 games this year, for instance. Calgary had a great run but the D simply isn't in the same ballpark as they had last season.
So i’m not going to sit here and say BLM isn’t an elite QB, he is, but I am going to say is it worth paying 750K for a QB in this league with a strict salary cap? With each passing week I watch Riley and Mitchell I’m starting to wonder if it is.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:53 AM   #169
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

I’m just getting home now, what a great game that was! Arbuckle was great when he needed to be. What a comeback!
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #170
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

K L U K A S with the TSN turning point!!
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:36 AM   #171
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOL you make it sound like after two games it's over for them. Did you not learn your lesson last year when the Stamps kind of took care of business against a hyped Bombers team in the playoffs? Mat Nichols was getting booed off the field last game because outside of a few big plays he wasn't very good. That's going to be a season long issue for that team.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #172
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it is over for the Stamps current run. So what? And last season the Bombers we're never favourites over the Stamps. That's a bit of a history rewrite

Last edited by White Out 403; 06-30-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:00 AM   #173
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think it is over for the Stamps current run. So what? And last season the Bombers we're never favourites over the Stamps. That's a bit of a history rewrite
They were according to some that week. That's not a history rewrite as you can see below;

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/16/predic...l-final-picks/

As long as the Bombers lack an elite QB they will always be beatable.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #174
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

How teams play in June means little.

Nothing wrong with noting who is playing well right now and who isn’t. But the Grey Cup is what, 18 games away? That’s a lifetime in Canadian football and we've seen Stamps lose to teams that they crushed in the regular season.

With turnover Calgary has had you can’t be too surprised by early season struggles.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #175
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
They were according to some that week. That's not a history rewrite as you can see below;

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/16/predic...l-final-picks/

As long as the Bombers lack an elite QB they will always be beatable.
So... The hype was what? It was an even split on the one writers poll you could find. Big deal.

Calgary will still make the playoffs but I'm predicting a west final in Edmonton or Winnipeg. I don't see why you need to kick up so much fuss.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:11 AM   #176
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So... The hype was what? It was an even split on the one writers poll you could find. Big deal.

Calgary will still make the playoffs but I'm predicting a west final in Edmonton or Winnipeg. I don't see why you need to kick up so much fuss.
I'm not sure what you are arguing. I showed proof that the Stamps weren't universally a favorite to win that game and now you change the goal posts to "big deal" because you don't have recourse. Even you thought the Bombers were going to win and they didn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #177
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eh nm not worth it.

Last edited by White Out 403; 06-30-2019 at 11:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #178
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Sports On 770 CHQR
@SportsOn770
·
1m
UPDATE:

@calstampeders
QB Bo Levi Mitchell to undergo MRI on Tuesday to examine a pectoral muscle injury suffered vs @BCLions on Saturday
Old 06-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #179
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Never too early to talk about front runners and teams in trouble.
LOL. When the Bombers are one of the 'teams in trouble' after 2 games it's always much too early to talk about front runners and teams in trouble. When it's the Bombers who are 2-0 it's never too early to talk about about it! Reminds me of the 'Rank the Canadian teams' threads in the Fire on Ice forum that would miraculously pop up whenever the Jets went on a winning streak.

Way too early to call the Stamps' run 'over' (Why? because they lost one game to Ottawa?) They could literally play .500 until Labour Day, gel as a team, and then go on a run into the playoffs and basically be a as good as any other recent year. As for the Bombers they are just as likely to rip off a good summer, get swept by the Riders in the Labour Day home and home, and sputter into November, like basically every other year.

It's far too early to make grand statements like the West final is going through Winnipeg or Edmonton, because they both have a single win on the Stamps after 2 games (3 games for Edmonton) and have not played each other.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #180
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
LOL. When the Bombers are one of the 'teams in trouble' after 2 games it's always much too early to talk about front runners and teams in trouble. When it's the Bombers who are 2-0 it's never too early to talk about about it! Reminds me of the 'Rank the Canadian teams' threads in the Fire on Ice forum that would miraculously pop up whenever the Jets went on a winning streak.

Way too early to call the Stamps' run 'over' (Why? because they lost one game to Ottawa?) They could literally play .500 until Labour Day, gel as a team, and then go on a run into the playoffs and basically be a as good as any other recent year. As for the Bombers they are just as likely to rip off a good summer, get swept by the Riders in the Labour Day home and home, and sputter into November, like basically every other year.

It's far too early to make grand statements like the West final is going through Winnipeg or Edmonton, because they both have a single win on the Stamps after 2 games (3 games for Edmonton) and have not played each other.
I mean, I'm sure we could all do without the bitchiness of this response. I made a pretty bland prediction and did so without any real smack talk. But if you want to Riders up your CFL chat go ahead.

edit: I also have like, no ####ing clue what your 1st paragraph is supposed to mean. You quote me then say all this stuff about "rank the canadian teams" (a poll/thread I've never created on the FOI, ever) and all these supposed talking points I've had about 2-0 and 0-2 starts.

Really fragile stuff.

Last edited by White Out 403; 06-30-2019 at 06:09 PM.