Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #1761
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Prices seem crazy!

Talking about $250+ for 300 level 'seats'. Are there regular nosebleed seats?
Those look like 300 level club seats though. Similar to the saddledome or platinum club service.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #1762
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone know the current cost of suites at the dome?

As a STH, I just know the cost of my seats and the potential upgrades/downgrades I have considered over the years
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:55 PM   #1763
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Those prices are for club seat options, similar to the current Chrysler Club. They don’t seem too out of line. Last year club seats were about $11,000 per seat I believe. A lot of those options seem nicer and include food and drinks in some case. Only that last $35K one seemed way out from what is available now.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:04 PM   #1764
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

What will be the capacity of the new arena? I assume less than the 19,000 in the Dome.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #1765
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

There was never any pricing for regular seating within that survey.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #1766
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think people get different survey questions for whatever reason, or additional questioms based on answers to certain questions (ie I said was not interested in premium seating options so maybe that's why). I didn't get anything on ticket prices or the above options for seating.

My questions were focused on concessions, besides the usual "what do you value most" rankings.

I also missed out on adding comments. Skipped over them at first and was going to go back but the surgery ended somewhat sooner than I thought it would and it won't let you take it again.

Last edited by browna; 08-21-2020 at 03:29 PM.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #1767
1991 Canadian
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Pricing seems about what you expect. It'll be interesting to see how receptive the Calgary business community is to these options.

In particular, whoever "invented" the upper level lounge seat concept deserves a raise. They're selling what should be $2000 upper endzone season tickets for $10,000 a pop. And businesses seem to be eating them up.

I've been to the Sky Lounge in Edmonton a few times for work. I could make an argument it makes sense from a business networking standpoint, but the fan experience is not great. They are objectively the worst seats in the building, particularly when play is at the other end. Fans aren't engaged / wearing jerseys. It feels very separate from the rest of the arena. I like sushi and prime rib as much the next person, but it makes for such a disjointed experience.
1991 Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #1768
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who else has put their name in for one of those $400K/year suites?

Fantastic!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #1769
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991 Canadian View Post
Pricing seems about what you expect. It'll be interesting to see how receptive the Calgary business community is to these options.

In particular, whoever "invented" the upper level lounge seat concept deserves a raise. They're selling what should be $2000 upper endzone season tickets for $10,000 a pop. And businesses seem to be eating them up.

I've been to the Sky Lounge in Edmonton a few times for work. I could make an argument it makes sense from a business networking standpoint, but the fan experience is not great. They are objectively the worst seats in the building, particularly when play is at the other end. Fans aren't engaged / wearing jerseys. It feels very separate from the rest of the arena. I like sushi and prime rib as much the next person, but it makes for such a disjointed experience.
With what the survey shows though, they want to make the games a hybrid experience of those who want to see the team up close in action, and making it a social event as well. It's the trend for all new stadium/arena builds. Either make lots of money from those in the seats the whole game, or make lots of money from those in the lounges/suites a fair amount of the time.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:45 PM   #1770
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Makes sense a team like the Flames would want to kinda take the focus off the on ice play.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #1771
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

For $500k per season I should be allowed to sleep there.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:22 PM   #1772
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Who else has put their name in for one of those $400K/year suites?

Fantastic!
I grabbed a couple!
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #1773
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

A good friend who works in the construction industry got some concept drawings for the new arena today for costing purposes.
Overall, I like it; they're doing something really really nice on Olympic way (West side of the arena). The rest of the building is a little more unremarkable, but still nice.
I'm assuming there will be lots of changes between what he gave me and what we'll end up with, but if it keeps on in this direction, people will be happy.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:34 AM   #1774
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
A good friend who works in the construction industry got some concept drawings for the new arena today for costing purposes.
Overall, I like it; they're doing something really really nice on Olympic way (West side of the arena). The rest of the building is a little more unremarkable, but still nice.
I'm assuming there will be lots of changes between what he gave me and what we'll end up with, but if it keeps on in this direction, people will be happy.
pics or it didn't happen
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #1775
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahaha, I really would love to post them, but I don't want to get him in trouble. Sorry; I know it's kind of a tease.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:30 PM   #1776
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

At minimum you should re-create a version of it in MS Paint and post that.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:02 PM   #1777
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just show ME the pictures and I will do an excellent job painting a picture for everyone else.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #1778
Poster
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I agree with the poster that said we should scrap this. NHL is not where the citizens of Calgary needs to be investing right now.

If the team figures the market can handle $500,000 suites, then they can take that risk and build it.

No thank you from this taxpayer.
Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #1779
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
I agree with the poster that said we should scrap this. NHL is not where the citizens of Calgary needs to be investing right now.

If the team figures the market can handle $500,000 suites, then they can take that risk and build it.

ok...
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #1780
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post

Good thing other's opinions count too. Its a good project. The city needs it.
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote