Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #1761
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
But if we mock Trump supporters then they're going to...I dunno...be more Trumpy I guess?

That's the rub man.

Mock them and they dig in their heels: "These people are mocking me, it must be because I'm right. Time to double down"

Argue with them using logic and they ignore what you're saying as "Fake news": "These people are trying to use facts to reason with me, it must be because I'm right. Sad that they would resort to using fake news like this. Time to double down"

Don't say anything and they believe what they're saying even more: "These people aren't refuting me at all, it must be because I'm right. Time to double down"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #1762
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

If only hard right conservatives cared half as much for real-life people as they do about aborted fetuses.

What a world that would be.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #1763
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
I think we all know how to kill another human being. The question is should we? And in Planned Parenthoods case after they kill the human being should they part him or her out and sell the parts to the highest bidder? These are tough questions for a publicly funded company.
Or they would be, if any of this wasn't completely fabricated nonsense.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #1764
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am expecting a government shutdown based on the tax plan as currently written.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #1765
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think we all know how to kill another human being. The question is should we? And in Planned Parenthoods case after they kill the human being should they part him or her out and sell the parts to the highest bidder? These are tough questions for a publicly funded company.
also death panels.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #1766
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
That's the rub man.

Mock them and they dig in their heels: "These people are mocking me, it must be because I'm right. Time to double down"

Argue with them using logic and they ignore what you're saying as "Fake news": "These people are trying to use facts to reason with me, it must be because I'm right. Sad that they would resort to using fake news like this. Time to double down"

Don't say anything and they believe what they're saying even more: "These people aren't refuting me at all, it must be because I'm right. Time to double down"
Which is why I don't really get the calls for being kinder and more understanding towards them. There's stupid and there's willfully ignorant. The latter doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy or courtesy.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #1767
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Im not watching this, but is Ben Carson buying baby parts in it? or is it a cooking show.
I don't blame you for not wanting to watch. Pretty disturbing.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #1768
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
IAnd in Planned Parenthoods case after they kill the human being should they part him or her out and sell the parts to the highest bidder?
See that's the biggest problem I have with Planned Parenthood. If they were killing the human being properly, there would be no parts to sell.

No half measures.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #1769
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You're right! People fabricating a story to spread a lie about an organization that provides invaluable services to hundreds of thousands of women in an effort to get them shut down is pretty disturbing.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #1770
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Always interesting to me to see people who are pro-life against PP, yet if they were defunded you'd see abortions go up.

edit: pro-life I meant.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #1771
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty disturbing you believe all the crap you post.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #1772
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
You're right! People fabricating a story to spread a lie about an organization that provides invaluable services to hundreds of thousands of women in an effort to get them shut down is pretty disturbing.
So you think that the video is a fake or forgery? What evidence would convince you that PP is selling fetal tissue from aborted babies?
Old 04-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #1773
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Always interesting to me to see people who are pro-life against PP, yet if they were defunded you'd see abortions go up.

Nope! The only thing they do is provide abortions, and if PP has no more money then all abortions in the US will stop immediately. Reality be damned!
Old 04-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #1774
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There are no body parts after an abortion. The fetus is extracted from the uterus through scraping of the uterine wall and then suctioning out the tissue. Only partial birth abortions, done after the 20th week of pregnancy produce any viable tissue, and that is essentially useless for means discussed in the video. None of this material is viable for transplant of any such garbage. Partial birth abortions also account for only .2% of abortions and more often than not done in a hospital because of possible complications. The idea of Planned Parenthood harvesting body parts is not only preposterous it is disgusting to suggest as much.

You're obviously a big pro-lifer, so we're you protesting in Arkansas this week as they murdered numerous people on death row? Just want to make sure you are consistent in your beliefs.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #1775
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So you think that the video is a fake or forgery? What evidence would convince you that PP is selling fetal tissue from aborted babies?
Doesn't that just mean they're more self-sufficient and require less government funding?
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #1776
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

At the end of the day its hard to control what people do. If they want to kill unborn kids, then one way or another they will. My "beef" is that public funds are being used to carry this out. If you want to murder your unborn children do it on your own dime
Old 04-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #1777
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't get the LA Times position on this. If there was ever a prime case to prosecute someone for the creation and distribution of fake news, this is it. This was no act of omission like much fake news is - slanted, contextual stuff - this was deliberate acts well worthy of prosecution. Acts of commission.

To my recollection, Planned Parenthood was barely on the national radar until these egregious fake videos showed up, then the Right, uncritically-thinking morons they are, seized on them and here we are today with PP on the brink of de-funding. These low-lives should do hard time yet it was mere months ago that Trump proclaimed that women and / or Doctors should be punished for getting or assisting legal abortions. What a ####ed up country the US is.
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #1778
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
At the end of the day its hard to control what people do. If they want to kill unborn kids, then one way or another they will. My "beef" is that public funds are being used to carry this out. If you want to murder your unborn children do it on your own dime
Gosh, you're just precious, aren't you?
Old 04-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #1779
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't watch anything you post, it would be like turning into infowars to catch Alex Jones opinion on something.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #1780
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Does that apply to the military as well? Are you in favor of holding back funding from the military because they murder unborn children as well?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms