Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2022, 10:21 PM   #1641
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the #### is wrong with Alberta?

Why are the people like this?

Danielle Smith, un ####ing real.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:28 PM   #1642
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post

Pro: they voted for a woman.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2022, 10:34 PM   #1643
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, if this doesn't get NDP the majority next year, this province deserves to be the cesspool of the country since it enables this kind of leadership.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:45 PM   #1644
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post

Why didn’t the people of Alberta have the foresight that when they elected a NDP majority their abysmal term would lead to Jason Kenney emerging to unite the right and ride a wave to majority and then botch a pandemic and global recession then resign and allow Smith to run and be elected by the party as leader!!!1! Uugh!!

Basically that simple, eff “Alberta”

Oh and BTW Quebec just elected a racist…again…to a straightforward super majority but ya eff all “Alberta”
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:56 PM   #1645
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I wonder who’s house is having the bigger party tonight celebrating the future of being premier, Danielle Smith or Rachel Notley?

Not a ####ing chance I’d vote for Smith after the dumb #### she has said over the last few months. Her comment regarding cancer was like listening to my 8 year old kid trying to rationalize something ten times more complex than they are capable of. I was blown away at the stupidity of those comments. I legit thought it was not even real. I listened to her on the radio before and wasn’t sure if it was like a cosplay for Saturday Night Live skits. She is nuts and I think she believes what she says. If she stays in power for any duration it’s a quadruple yikes for the province.

This is such a tap in for Notley. Literally, all she has to do, is say “I love oil and gas and will support the industry”. Then say nothing at all following that, and she will win. Big time.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2022, 10:57 PM   #1646
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Why didn’t the people of Alberta have the foresight that when they elected a NDP majority their abysmal term would lead to Jason Kenney emerging to unite the right and ride a wave to majority and then botch a pandemic and global recession then resign and allow Smith to run and be elected by the party as leader!!!1! Uugh!!

Basically that simple, eff “Alberta”

Oh and BTW Quebec just elected a racist…again…to a straightforward super majority but ya eff all “Alberta”
The NDP had an abysmal term hey? Jesus christ.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:18 PM   #1647
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Yeah. I don’t understand that perspective. What changed negatively in your life when the NDP were in power?

Not much. Can’t think of anything really. And honestly, for that matter not much impacted me directly from UCP either for what it’s worth I guess, that i directly noticed in my life. Maybe the COVID stuff but I dunno, I’m not really super convinced the NDP would have nailed that either. It was kinda an unwinnable situation for any government.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:22 PM   #1648
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

How is this remotely democratic? She gets elected as leader by a small portion of the population, and then she can get elected Premier of the province if she wins some cherry picked rural riding.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:24 PM   #1649
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
How is this remotely democratic? She gets elected as leader by a small portion of the population, and then she can get elected Premier of the province if she wins some cherry picked rural riding.
Isn't First-Past-the-Post fun?
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:25 PM   #1650
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

What a sad. Sad day.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:28 PM   #1651
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:33 PM   #1652
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1crunch View Post
Isn't First-Past-the-Post fun?

Oh god… and she doesn’t even need to be an MLA to serve as Premier? That’s messed up.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:36 PM   #1653
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I wonder who’s house is having the bigger party tonight celebrating the future of being premier, Danielle Smith or Rachel Notley?

Not a ####ing chance I’d vote for Smith after the dumb #### she has said over the last few months. Her comment regarding cancer was like listening to my 8 year old kid trying to rationalize something ten times more complex than they are capable of. I was blown away at the stupidity of those comments. I legit thought it was not even real. I listened to her on the radio before and wasn’t sure if it was like a cosplay for Saturday Night Live skits. She is nuts and I think she believes what she says. If she stays in power for any duration it’s a quadruple yikes for the province.

This is such a tap in for Notley. Literally, all she has to do, is say “I love oil and gas and will support the industry”. Then say nothing at all following that, and she will win. Big time.
Yeah.... no. Change your god damn party name Notley!

Dissociate yourself with that mofo federal party! That would be a tap in.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:40 PM   #1654
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

It went to the 6th ballot so it was close, I thought Toews was going to win. Good for Danielle Smith though in becoming the next premier, let’s see what she can do, plus we’ll have an election in a few months. Alberta will be fine either way. And like a couple posters have mentioned about Quebec, their premier says things and has some questionable policies that people don’t seem to talk about too much and not just on here either.

I actually didn’t mind Smith when she was on the radio, she’s well spoken and intelligent even if you don’t agree with everything she says. Let’s see what will happen and how things go.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 12:02 AM   #1655
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Nope,

She will be sworn in as premier prior to winning a bielection. The oath of office from the Governor General gives the premier authority and tradition does not require her to have a seat to take the oath of office.

I don’t think requiring a general election should be required for a leadership change. However if you want to drastically change the direction of the province with policy then asking for a mandate should be part of that process.

No one was particularly upset that Prentice replaced Redford in this scenario having being sworn in in setber, a bielection in October and a general in May.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 12:03 AM   #1656
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Yeah.... no. Change your god damn party name Notley!

Dissociate yourself with that mofo federal party! That would be a tap in.

Won’t make much of a difference to people who hate NDP. You’d have to be pretty forgetful.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:16 AM   #1657
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The reinvention(s) of Danielle Smith:

https://www.cbc.ca/newsinteractives/...ta-premier-UCP
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 12:20 AM   #1658
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where does a born in Calgary, lifelong right of centre social conservative go now?

I give up.

All I ask is that my candidates be normal. Is that too much to ask?
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 12:47 AM   #1659
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Never forget guys

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:00 AM   #1660
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Where does a born in Calgary, lifelong right of centre social conservative go now?

I give up.

All I ask is that my candidates be normal. Is that too much to ask?
Good people try to work outside of the public eye these days. Manipulative narcissistic folk love it. Power will always be power.