Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2023, 09:34 AM   #141
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I'll agree with that, and I think our lack of chatter in this thread also shows how boring the season has been.

Outside of Danny's idol play I don't think there has been many oh wow moments.

Kane might have been seen as a strategic or smart player, but I'd argue that every player left falls in the category. And Danny just made the biggest move of the season and got one vote..

I think Carol sp? has been a bit of a bright spot in a boring season. She comes off as air head and all over the place, but is actually really dialed in on what is going on. If I had to pick someone to win today I'd want it to be her.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:02 PM   #142
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

While I agree that the cast is not strong this season, I believe that it's also the show. It's been running for so long now, with the same challenges and Jeff leading to what he wants to hear. I'd love to see a return to Survivor 1. Very few idols, limited supplies, and new challenges. Make the rewards worth it and show more of the camp life/scramble. It's the strategy part that they are showing less and less of
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:47 PM   #143
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
While I agree that the cast is not strong this season, I believe that it's also the show. It's been running for so long now, with the same challenges and Jeff leading to what he wants to hear. I'd love to see a return to Survivor 1. Very few idols, limited supplies, and new challenges. Make the rewards worth it and show more of the camp life/scramble. It's the strategy part that they are showing less and less of

You’re basically describing Survivor Australia. They really haven’t veered from the format.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 05:17 AM   #144
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was actually really hoping to see that fake idol come into play, since she so firmly believed it was real.

So of course it went home in Kane's sock.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:03 PM   #145
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was probably a smart move on their part. If someone is a challenge beast, you get them as soon as you can.

I am heartily amused that no one believes Jaimie, despite her telling the truth. It sure didn't help her case that Kane completely stone-faced her when she said that, and now no one believes her at all...and it was a fake idol in the first place. Best bit of drama all season.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:48 PM   #146
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the better episodes this season despite having 2 challenges and less time to talk strategy. I'm intrigued to see the wrath of Caroline in the next episode.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:23 AM   #147
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://parade.com/tv/who-was-voted-...season-44-2023

As Frannie herself pointed out, this episode was the first time this season she didn't have some form of safety. The research coordinator proved she had brawn behind the brains, winning three individual challenges, including the biggest reward of the season. Newly vulnerable, she was excited to exercise a different facet of her game, and felt good with the women she had planned with on her reward. But she was in for the mother of all blindsides. After an afternoon of last-minute plans, the target ended up back on her, considered the biggest threat who was too irresistible to boot.

and with Frannie's boot both transplant99 and Yoho also get booted off the island.

1. WhiteTiger - Matt Grinstead-Mayle / Helen Li
2. ChuckieNZ - Yamil “Yam Yam” Arocho / Heidi Lagares-Greenblat
3. Cheese - Heidi Lagares-Greenblat / Carolyn Wiger
4. brocoli - Kane "The Candian Ginger" Fritzler/Brandon Cottom
5. Barnes - Claire Rafson/Carson Garrett
6. transplant99 - Josh Wilder/Frannie Marin
7. jroc - Maddy Pomilla/Sarah Wade
8. dino7c - Carson Garrett/Lauren Harpe
9. surferguy - Bruce Perrault/***chosen under protest*** Jaime Lynn Ruiz
10. Fuzz - Matt Blankinship/Maddy Pomilla
11. TheIronMaiden -Jaime Lynn Ruiz/Bruce Perrault
12. csnarpy - Carolyn Wiger / Yam Yam Arocho
13. Yoho - Frannie Marin/Claire Rafson
14. speede5 - Sarah Wade/Kane Fritzler
15. jg13 - Danny Massa/Matt Grinstead-Mayle
16. bigtmac19 - Brandon Cottom/Danny Massa
17. savardandjokinen - Helen Li/Matt Blankinship
18. KootenayFlamesFan - Lauren Harpe/Josh Wilder
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 09:30 AM   #148
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

this is the first time that I have watched Survivor and seeing some of your guy's comments about this season sucking haha, I gotta watch some of the older ones!!

I guess because I'm new to the show, it's all new to me and exciting.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steveo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2023, 09:38 AM   #149
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Good episode for the vote at least, the tribe made the sensible choice.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:42 AM   #150
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

It will be very disappointing if this season completes with no one trying to play a fake idol. Does anyone even have one still?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 09:46 AM   #151
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Frannie was starting to annoy me happy she is gone

this cast is completely forgettable Ive watched the entire season and of the remaining players i can probably name 3 of them.

Carolyn is legitimately unbearable i cant stand her, Jam Jam or Yam Yam or whatever might be the biggest floater in survivor history legitimately useless player. And danny whos actually not a bad player but comes in pretty hard which will for sure be his demise

The other 3 chicks i legit could not tell you their names i cant even distinguish between them. Nerd boy too cant recall his name, and im honestly not sure if thats all of them or im missing someone

The theory of the fake idols was fun but hasnt worked out. I appreciate them trying to change it up after 40+ seasons, i still enjoy the show but casting has focused WAY too much on getting diversity amongst rather than bringing in interesting characters who will be villains or game changers.

Its abundantly clear that they are focusing on race, sex, age as opposed to just casting the best and most interesting candidates and its clearly affecting the product
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2023, 01:18 PM   #152
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yes trying to check boxes versus just going after the most interesting people has definitely hurt this season.

Are they scared to cast another Russell or Pavarti? I don't get it. Villains drive the game. You literally had a season called Heroes vs. Villains.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:14 AM   #153
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

In a private moment, Carolyn revealed her idol to Carson, indicating her interest in playing it to protect him. It was in that moment that Carson realized Carolyn’s strong game. In order to protect her secret, she didn’t tell Yam Yam. The trio had a plan in place to eliminate either Danny or Heidi, so the less people who knew about the idol, the better. Plus, Yam Yam had individual immunity, so he was safe.

In tribal council, Danny didn’t seem the least bit worried, but he’s never considered his elimination an impossibility. In the voting booth, Carolyn painstakingly weighed her options. Was now the right time to reveal her idol? Was she ready to change how everyone perceived her? Was playing the idol for someone else worth the risk? Ultimately, her answer was yes.

She played her idol for Carson in the last possible moment, sending shocked delight across Yam Yam and the jury’s faces. The Soka-Ratu foursome was screwed, but who would go home?

The first two votes went to Carson, who couldn’t be voted out. Danny and Heidi then got two votes each. Carolyn’s vote was read last, and she had originally written Lauren’s name, but then scratched it out and wrote Danny’s. With that, Danny became the fifth member of the jury. He impersonated Robert De Niro before Jeff Probst snuffed his torch (“You snuff my torch, Jeff? Snuff my torch”). He went out because of a big move, just the way he wanted. But that big move may have made Carolyn the person to beat in the eyes of the remaining players, even her closest allies.

Next week will determine who makes it into the Survivor 44 finale on May 24. If Carolyn can hold on through the next two eliminations and the fire challenge, she very well could win it all. But will Yam Yam and Carson opt to ditch their hard-won Tika majority — their strongest ticket to spots in the final three — in order to make sure she loses?

https://www.tvinsider.com/1092552/survivor-44-recap-episode-11-danny-voted-out/

jg13 and bigtmac19 both walk the plank along with Danny's boot!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2023, 08:26 AM   #154
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
In a private moment, Carolyn revealed her idol to Carson, indicating her interest in playing it to protect him. It was in that moment that Carson realized Carolyn’s strong game. In order to protect her secret, she didn’t tell Yam Yam. The trio had a plan in place to eliminate either Danny or Heidi, so the less people who knew about the idol, the better. Plus, Yam Yam had individual immunity, so he was safe.

In tribal council, Danny didn’t seem the least bit worried, but he’s never considered his elimination an impossibility. In the voting booth, Carolyn painstakingly weighed her options. Was now the right time to reveal her idol? Was she ready to change how everyone perceived her? Was playing the idol for someone else worth the risk? Ultimately, her answer was yes.

She played her idol for Carson in the last possible moment, sending shocked delight across Yam Yam and the jury’s faces. The Soka-Ratu foursome was screwed, but who would go home?

The first two votes went to Carson, who couldn’t be voted out. Danny and Heidi then got two votes each. Carolyn’s vote was read last, and she had originally written Lauren’s name, but then scratched it out and wrote Danny’s. With that, Danny became the fifth member of the jury. He impersonated Robert De Niro before Jeff Probst snuffed his torch (“You snuff my torch, Jeff? Snuff my torch”). He went out because of a big move, just the way he wanted. But that big move may have made Carolyn the person to beat in the eyes of the remaining players, even her closest allies.

Next week will determine who makes it into the Survivor 44 finale on May 24. If Carolyn can hold on through the next two eliminations and the fire challenge, she very well could win it all. But will Yam Yam and Carson opt to ditch their hard-won Tika majority — their strongest ticket to spots in the final three — in order to make sure she loses?

https://www.tvinsider.com/1092552/survivor-44-recap-episode-11-danny-voted-out/

jg13 and bigtmac19 both walk the plank along with Danny's boot!

It really is amazing that Tika just kept hanging on to now being a majority. In reality it looks like Carson has some influence and Carolyn didn’t really need to play it. But better safe than sorry!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2023, 10:42 AM   #155
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Wow this is a boring season. Probst and production were hyping this season up, I don’t know why I fell for it
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2023, 03:48 PM   #156
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya I also feel cheated. That being said I think Carolyn's move deserves some credit even if it wasn't totally necessary.

She read the play from the start and although they were actually able to convince the other two, cant even remember their names, to vote with her against Danny.. she had no guarantee that would happen.

It was still a good move in that if the third tribe decided last second to go after Carson, he would have been gone. I mean.. from what we were shown with the edit anyway.

I hope she wins at this point, really don't care for any of the other players left.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:47 PM   #157
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Wow this is a boring season. Probst and production were hyping this season up, I don’t know why I fell for it
I...forgot Survivor was on last night, for the first time in...I don't remember. I spent the night watching Youtube and playing video games, and only this morning remembered "Oh yeah, last night was Survivor night..."
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2023, 09:54 PM   #158
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, these people are lame. I'd rather watch the jury play.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 08:52 AM   #159
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jaime and Lauren (the individual immunity winner) tried and failed to vote Carolyn out in the episode, and Yam Yam nearly joined them. “I think out of everybody here, the best game is being played by Carolyn,” he told the cameras. “My brain is telling me I need to take Carolyn out. My heart doesn’t want me to do it.” The target was placed on Carolyn’s back after the strength of her season-long game was revealed last week.

By focusing the campaign solely on Carolyn’s threatening game, Jaime and Lauren failed to paint the Tika Three alliance for the threat it is. With just one tribal left in the season, breaking up that trio is the only game-winning move left for Jaime, Heidi, and Lauren. They could and should have been more savage in their attempt to get Carolyn out, otherwise their fate was up to Yam Yam. Why leave it there? Heidi was the only one who positioned herself to split them up next week.

Yam Yam said the person leaving that night was the person everyone needed to leave, which only added more fuel to Carolyn’s suspicious fire. And when she received two votes, she seemingly assumed they came from Carson and Yam Yam. The remaining four votes went to Jaime, sending her to the jury.

“Everybody here can attest to the fact that I have been extremely emotional, but it doesn’t mean that somebody can’t be strategic who’s emotional. I am both,” Carolyn rightly said to Jeff before the votes. But she’ll have to recognize her Episode 12 emotional reaction for the mistake it was in next week’s finale, as the credits scene revealed she wasn’t betrayed. Yam Yam voted for Jaime along with Carolyn, Carson, and Heidi. It was Jaime and Lauren who voted for Carolyn.

The only people who have the sway to eliminate Carolyn are her two closest allies. She seemingly won’t be voted out until Carson and Yam Yam agree she needs to go, and they’re just not there yet. It’s hard to say if Carolyn, Carson, and Yam Yam will commit to a Tika Three final three, but based on Episode 12, it seems neither Carson nor Yam Yam is emotionally willing to betray her. At least not yet…

https://www.news-daily.com/features/survivor-44-recap-are-we-heading-toward-a-tika-final-3/article_4305837d-9873-5ea6-b5f8-d850789314f4.html

surferguy and TheIronMaiden both end up on the CP Jury with Jaime's vote.

Old 05-18-2023, 09:58 AM   #160
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This cast sucks, the immunity challenge lasted like 4 minutes lol. I'd have a really hard time voting for any of them if i was in the jury.

I honestly think id vote jamjam or yamyam or whatever he goes by just for being able to cockroach the longest, he was almost voted off in the first couple episodes but found a way to stick around.

This might be the last season for me, finding they get worse and worse, until they fix their casting this show doesnt offer much anymore
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post: