Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #141
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Has anyone been to Marquee Day Club? I'm only asking because I want to know if there's a better Sunday pool party than Rehab?

What about Encore Beach club, any experiences there?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #142
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am going to Vegas in 2 weeks. We are only taking a carry-on for our luggage. Just wondering what is allowed in your carry-on luggage. I know their are some restrictions on things like deodorant, toothpaste etc.. If anyone can give me some info on that stuff it would be great.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #143
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I am going to Vegas in 2 weeks. We are only taking a carry-on for our luggage. Just wondering what is allowed in your carry-on luggage. I know their are some restrictions on things like deodorant, toothpaste etc.. If anyone can give me some info on that stuff it would be great.

Check the airline's website.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #144
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Going to Vegas Dec 2-6 and will be our first trip. We are going with a few couples. The girls are all running in either a half or Full Marathon on the Sunday at 5pm. The boy all want to play some golf.

anyone have any recs for courses you have played or golf deals to be had.

Still trying to decide between the Venetian, Wynn or Four Seasons as the place to stay.

any and all advice would be great.

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #145
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSJ View Post
Going to Vegas Dec 2-6 and will be our first trip. We are going with a few couples. The girls are all running in either a half or Full Marathon on the Sunday at 5pm. The boy all want to play some golf.

Still trying to decide between the Venetian, Wynn or Four Seasons as the place to stay.

Two very nice courses we played at last time were Rhodes Ranch (Southwest? of the airport) and Painted Dessert (NW), said we were locals and paid $59 and $50 respectively. These deffinetly compete with the top end courses up here. We always say we are locals in that "we own property in Summerlin". Just pay cash so they don't ask for ID, locals get better rates then Golf Now and simlilar web sites. Also all prices down there include carts.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #146
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Have you considered staying at Bellagio or Ceasers? Beautiful hotels with a more central location. Wynn is "so far up there".
Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #147
henry07
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

venetian all the way! i just stayed there last month for 5 days and will be going back there next year. great hotel, very nice suites and tao beach was phenomenal!!
henry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #148
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Going for the first time from Dec. 10 - 13 and staying at The Mirage. Any reviews?
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #149
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I would go with Venetian. While it isn't all that central, it is the closest to central. I hear the Wynn is nice, but to some people it can feel like it is too far north. If I'm thinking of the right place, Four Seasons is in Mandalay Bay. I've stayed in Mandalay Bay and it was a great place to stay, but I was there for a conference, and I'd only stay there again for a conference because Mandalay Bay is way too far south.

My preference is to stay at MGM or NYNY. They are on a busy corner and then you're "forced" to see more of the stip. I know people that won't make it down to MGM or farther south because they stay at a more central place and don't go too far. I like to see as much as I can.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #150
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
Going for the first time from Dec. 10 - 13 and staying at The Mirage. Any reviews?
I hear it is good. You really can't go wrong with any of the resorts on the strip. Mirage is one of the more desirable places due to it's central location on the strip.

Explore as much as you can, each place has something different and cool to see. No matter how much of the strip you intend to see, take good walking shoes. I mean very good walking shoes. In Vegas, you walk. Then you walk some more. Even if you take a cab, bus or rent a car, you still walk and walk and walk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #151
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I would go with Venetian. While it isn't all that central, it is the closest to central. I hear the Wynn is nice, but to some people it can feel like it is too far north. If I'm thinking of the right place, Four Seasons is in Mandalay Bay. I've stayed in Mandalay Bay and it was a great place to stay, but I was there for a conference, and I'd only stay there again for a conference because Mandalay Bay is way too far south.

My preference is to stay at MGM or NYNY. They are on a busy corner and then you're "forced" to see more of the stip. I know people that won't make it down to MGM or farther south because they stay at a more central place and don't go too far. I like to see as much as I can.
Funny because the Wynn is across the street from the Venitian/Pallazzo but the resorts are so huge it can seem like they are at opposite ends of the strip.

I might have mentioned this earlier but where I stay totally depends on the group I'm going with. If I'm going to party it up with groups of friends (30 something crowd) I prefer to stay down by NYNY or MGM, there are so many more things to see and do as a group down there, plus it has that "theme park" fun.

If I go with family we usually stay at TI or the Pallazzo because the girls like to shop and the mall is right there plus I play poker and the Venetian has probably the best poker room on the strip.

Not sure what budgets are like so that probably factors into locations as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #152
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I hear it is good. You really can't go wrong with any of the resorts on the strip. Mirage is one of the more desirable places due to it's central location on the strip.

Explore as much as you can, each place has something different and cool to see. No matter how much of the strip you intend to see, take good walking shoes. I mean very good walking shoes. In Vegas, you walk. Then you walk some more. Even if you take a cab, bus or rent a car, you still walk and walk and walk.
Thanks for this. We'd originally talked about The Luxor or New York New York but got mixed reviews depending who we asked. Everyone has had good things to say about The Mirage though so I'm feeling good about it.

As for the walking, yeah - so I've heard. I just had ACL reconstruction surgery and my meniscus cleaned up and stabilized at the end of August but the way things are progressing I'm pretty confident it won't be an issue by then.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #153
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those who do play poker, if you want good rates on the weekend stay at the Aria. $139 + taxes and resort fees on Fridays and Saturdays is a steal. Yes you need 5 hours of minimum play per day but you can split that between whoever is staying in your room.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #154
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
Thanks for this. We'd originally talked about The Luxor or New York New York but got mixed reviews depending who we asked. Everyone has had good things to say about The Mirage though so I'm feeling good about it.

As for the walking, yeah - so I've heard. I just had ACL reconstruction surgery and my meniscus cleaned up and stabilized at the end of August but the way things are progressing I'm pretty confident it won't be an issue by then.
Having stayed at NYNY, I would recommend it, but that depends on what you expect out of a room. The room was on the smaller side but I couldn't find anything to complain about it. For me, staying at NYNY was more about location, and that is the part of the strip I like to stay at.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #155
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone have any good ideas for a fun, saturday afternoon bachelor party event in Vegas? There will be fathers, uncles and brothers of the bride in attendance ...so preferably something that doesn't involve hookers and blow.

We could always golf, but we can do that anytime. Someone mentioned a great Go Kart venue there.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #156
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
Anyone have any good ideas for a fun, saturday afternoon bachelor party event in Vegas? There will be fathers, uncles and brothers of the bride in attendance ...so preferably something that doesn't involve hookers and blow.

We could always golf, but we can do that anytime. Someone mentioned a great Go Kart venue there.

ESPN Zone has bowling, games etc upstairs.

Sorry, looks like it is closed now.

http://www.lvrj.com/business/disney-...-95979259.html
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #157
ThisYear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I would recommend gonig the same time the Flames are making their Cali trip. That's when we usually head down with the gang. Can't go wrong when you can see 3 different games in one state following your team.
ThisYear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThisYear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #158
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I think there is a gun range some where where you can shoot some machine guns. Not sure on age limits though...
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Top Shelf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #159
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly06Cup View Post
I go to Vegas 3 or 4 times a year. It's the happiest place on earth.

Hotels:

SWANK
For something more balling, I'd recommend Aria or Cosmopolitan. They are the newest, and it shows: Very modern, high-tech rooms. Bellagio feels so dull in comparison. Venetian is nice.

Shows/Activities

'O' is fantastic, and head and shoulders above everything else. Mystere, Love, Le Reve, Absinthe are good shows. I wasn't blown away by KA -- thought it was pretty average. Zumanity is awful -- waste of money. Good idea to check out downtown at least once. Spearmint rhino for strippers. Mac King is great for afternoon; Penn & teller is also one of my favourites.
I went two weeks ago for a last minute trip. I stayed at the Cosmopolitan which is new and looks like a 5 star hotel should. If you get a suite be sure it overlooks the Bellagio's fountain and you can watch the shows from above. One thing my wife and friends noticed was the lack of cleaning. Not once in 4 days were the rooms vaccuumed.

I have been dragged to 3 Cirqu shows. Zumanity was horrible IMO. The sight of obese twins with a platter of choclate covered strawberries who shoved their asses in the faces of people when bending down to hand them out pretty much turned me off before the show started.

Love was cool enough. I personally dont like acrobatics so I sat back and listened to the Beatles tunes.

Ka was attrocious. Yes it has the amazing stage that lifts and spins, but aside from that there was no continuity to the story. I fell asleep and got nummerous looks when I shouted out that it was an abortion just outside the doors. Good Margheritas were good!

And yes, Spearamint Rhino can get expensive FAST! Nothing to compare it to for Calgary strippers. Nothing...
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #160
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

http://www.vegasmobtour.com/

If you are into the whole history of Vegas

Never been to the gun range but I heard its pretty a pretty cool way to blow some money in 10 minutes

Last edited by return to the red; 09-30-2011 at 02:42 PM.
return to the red is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
las vegas , sin city , vegas