Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2024, 11:06 AM   #141
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

3/4 of Bulk Barn is a candy store. It's the only place you need to shop at if you're making a gingerbread house (or six as my family does most years). You'd think hauling 37 bags of candy to the cashier would feel out of the ordinary, but it seems everyone's doing the same.

I'm actually so glad my nieces are outgrowing this tradition.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:13 AM   #142
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Not on the regular, but for people who love to cook and try out new recipes, it's amazing for buying very small amounts of spice that you normally don't use. I just discovered it a month ago and was blown away!
Ok, i never thought of that.

Solid tip

thanks

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2024, 12:38 PM   #143
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I noticed this morning that my Activia was best before May 1. Ate it anyway. Any issues with this? I still have like 7 more, all with the same date.
It's supposed to help keep you "regular", right? Seems the worst that can happen if you eat an expired cup is you #### your brains out, thereafter straightening your BMs right out, no?
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2024, 01:18 PM   #144
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I noticed this morning that my Activia was best before May 1. Ate it anyway. Any issues with this? I still have like 7 more, all with the same date.
That's just a sell-by date. So long as they're in the fridge eating a few days later isn't a big deal. At least assuming it is May 1 2024, if it is May 1 2023 or earlier I wouldn't eat it.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashartus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2024, 03:07 PM   #145
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I'm flying to Vancouver on Flair with only a carry-on in a couple of weeks, are razor blade cartridges ok to put in your bag these days? Couldn't find razors listed in their restrictions page, but I remember them being an issue years ago
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:36 PM   #146
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I'm flying to Vancouver on Flair with only a carry-on in a couple of weeks, are razor blade cartridges ok to put in your bag these days? Couldn't find razors listed in their restrictions page, but I remember them being an issue years ago
Looks like you're good. Crossing borders might be different but for domestic flights, CATSA says it's fine

https://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/en/wha...ade-cartridges
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2024, 04:17 PM   #147
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
Any suggestions for a decent Teeth whitening system to use at home.

Many years of coffee drinking has left me wanting for more pearly whites...

I will be discussing with my dentist on my next visit.

Thoughts ?
Crest whitestrips do work. There's different "levels" of burnination you can choose from depending on how trashy your teeth look like.

The dentist has better options. It's pretty cheap these days. Last time I did it it cost me about $150. I went full Ross blazing. It was hilariously glorious.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:23 PM   #148
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Crest whitestrips do work. There's different "levels" of burnination you can choose from depending on how trashy your teeth look like.

The dentist has better options. It's pretty cheap these days. Last time I did it it cost me about $150. I went full Ross blazing. It was hilariously glorious.
Pfftt...'paying the dentist' like a chump! Thats what they want you to do!

I just mixed some ivermectin with some bleach, gargled for a bit and now my teeth are pearly white!!

Granted thats likely to come with some consequences of its own, but that cant be helped!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2024, 04:41 PM   #149
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

I just mixed some ivermectin with some bleach, gargled for a bit and now my teeth are pearly white!!

Granted thats likely to come with some consequences of its own, but that cant be helped!
Consequences, sure. But you’re also Covid free!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:54 PM   #150
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Who decided 3 blinks is the right number for a lane change when you tap the lever? Sounds like you can change this to 5 on some cars, but I think 4 would be the right amount. 3 seems like a Beemer fly by d-bag, but 5 is “holy crap, change lanes already”.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM   #151
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

I just use White Out. Only need to paint the surface on the front 6 or so teeth top and bottom because people can't see the teeth further in.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2024, 07:37 PM   #152
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
Any suggestions for a decent Teeth whitening system to use at home.

Many years of coffee drinking has left me wanting for more pearly whites...

I will be discussing with my dentist on my next visit.

Thoughts ?
De-activated charcoal is an inexpensive option but it may not be great for enamel - opinions vary.

Maybe "activated" charcoal would solve that problem.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:00 AM   #153
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post

Really, I just assumed the dentist would charge $5k for that?
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:05 AM   #154
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crest white strips also can make your teeth sensitive so be cautious.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 10:45 PM   #155
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Back in elementary school in the early 90s, I remember we had to read a series of books by an Alberta based author with Alberta based stories. They had an environmentalist bend to them, took place in the future, almost in a post-apocalypse setting.

Anyone recall them or the author's name?
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 12:53 AM   #156
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
Who decided 3 blinks is the right number for a lane change when you tap the lever? Sounds like you can change this to 5 on some cars, but I think 4 would be the right amount. 3 seems like a Beemer fly by d-bag, but 5 is “holy crap, change lanes already”.
I feel like for cars with dedicated rear amber signals 3 is fine, otherwise more is useful since such an obscene number of vehicles have burned out tail lights in this city and these stupid combination red brake/turn means they have nothing on that whole side of the vehicle.

How North America has decided this is fine when the rest of the world has it figured out is mindblowing to me.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 06:14 PM   #157
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, was digging weeds out of the flower bed beside my front door and it looks as though I have a bees nest in the ground (not wasps or they'd already be dead). As soon as I started digging near it I started seeing a bunch of baby bees all over then noticed one of them come out of a hole in the ground. Kind of torn here, the world needs more bees and they don't seem to be aggressive (yet) but I'm really not interested in dodging a swarm everytime I go out the front door.

Might sound stupid but is there any service that will remove a hive and relocate it?

And no, I'm not going to kill it with fire.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:44 PM   #158
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
So, was digging weeds out of the flower bed beside my front door and it looks as though I have a bees nest in the ground (not wasps or they'd already be dead). As soon as I started digging near it I started seeing a bunch of baby bees all over then noticed one of them come out of a hole in the ground. Kind of torn here, the world needs more bees and they don't seem to be aggressive (yet) but I'm really not interested in dodging a swarm everytime I go out the front door.

Might sound stupid but is there any service that will remove a hive and relocate it?

Guess who’s “back dooring it” for the season
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 08:50 AM   #159
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post

There is a wicked soothing lady on Tik Tok that moves "the beautiful bees" but she is in California or Texas. Maybe not helpful?

More helpful, LMGTFY, https://beeremovalcalgary.ca/

Free Honey!!

ps. Why is there an A in Beautiful? For that matter, the E is pretty superfluous as well. Butiful works.

Last edited by Titan2; 05-13-2024 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Beautiful
Titan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 10:26 AM   #160
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
ps. Why is there an A in Beautiful? For that matter, the E is pretty superfluous as well. Butiful works.
I assume it comes from the French "beau". The French never met a superfluous vowel they didn't love.

My preferred spelling is "bootyful".