Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2023, 08:02 AM   #141
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Kendra never really played Survivor, she was just there.

This season has a high chance of going right back to being boring unless Julie can realize she is right on the bottom and make a big move.

Right now I would say it goes

D
Austin

Drew

(add four more pages worth of spaces)
Julie

For a chance at winning this game. Unless one of the other four can actually make a move. I do have to laugh at these people that realize when there is 6, 7, 8, 9 people left that they "need to make a move". You needed to make a move the minute you landed on the beach bud, you just haven't been playing the actual game.

This kumbaya "love you" "love you guys" crap needs to end. This is game about not just outlasting, but out witting and out playing your opponents for a million bucks. I have never understood how people don't take that part more serious. Bruce zeroed in on it this last episode. The betrayal that Kellie felt. That is Survivor. If you're sitting there with 9 people left and the fact that someone could be lying to you doesn't even cross your mind until Jeff starts talking at tribal, you aren't cut out for this and wasted a spot for someone who could have actually played the game.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-24-2023 at 08:05 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2023, 07:31 PM   #142
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:36 PM   #143
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the season has redeemed itself. Really good episode tonight.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 10:38 PM   #144
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah it's been a really solid season. I like many of the players, there isn't a weak one among them. The first few weeks were awful, and I considered stop watching the show altogether. Major props to Emily and Katura, I didn't like then at first, but both have really grown on me. I think they're making a mistake not breaking up Drew and Austin, but I could still see the girls forming an alliance together if it's down to those two versus the rest of the girls.

Also I can't believe Bruce didn't play his idol. I don't think the sell job was particularly convincing, he should have known better. He was close enough to end end where he could have won out and made it to final tribal. Dumb.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 10:56 PM   #145
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

A pretty decent episode with a fantastic blindside. I am still thinking that there must be something going on with Bruce and Katura that we didn't see. She really seems to hate him.

Beautiful move by Emily, honestly. I'm also wondering who convinced Jake to vote for Bruce. Jake really is twisting in the wind, though.

I don't think I would have bought that Bruce had given his idol to Kellie, either.

I am a little surprised that the 'Reba Four' have been allowed to go on this long. This would have been a perfect opportunity for the non-Reba Four to take one of them out. They are totally unsuspecting and now they can just ride to the Final Four if they want.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2023, 10:58 PM   #146
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't Austin have a million different advantages as well, or has he used any?
Old 11-29-2023, 11:40 PM   #147
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Doesn't Austin have a million different advantages as well, or has he used any?
He has two idols and no advantages. Also, the advantage that Drew had is now expired.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2023, 06:42 AM   #148
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

But it wasn’t just Emily’s giant half-filled wine glass that painted her as the Godmother this week. She was the one to crack the code on how to finally get Bruce out of the game. Not only that but… and I want to assure the reading audience that this next part of the sentence is not a typo… Emily Flippen won a challenge. And not some challenge where people were divided up so she only had to beat one or two people. Emily Flippen beat everyone. The entire field. And a physical challenge to boot.

And as she downed wine during her girls night out at the Survivor Sanctuary — “where drunk things happen” — Emily came up with a super risky move that somehow, someway played out to perfection. She convinced Uncle Bruce to not play his immunity idol, telling him that a plan was in place to take out Julie. And he actually fell for it. This was such a baller move because there appeared to be so much risk and so little reward.

https://ew.com/survivor-45-recap-epi...-bruce-8407852

1. bigtmac19 - Kellie Nalbandian / Sabiyah Broderick
2. mikephoen - Austin Li Coon / Janani Krishnan-Jha
3. savardandjokinen - Jake O’Kane / Sean Edwards
4. Fuzz - Kaleb Gebrewold / Drew Basile
5. KootenayFlamesFan - Bruce Perreault / Brandon Donlon
6. ChuckieNZ - Emily Flippen / Emily Flipper
7. Yoho - Brandon Meyer /Hannah Rose
8. TheIronMaiden - Sifu Aslup / Sifu Aslup
9. Barnes - Kendra McQuarrie / Brandon Meyer
10. transplant99 - Sean Edwards/ Kaleb Gebrewold
11. jg13 - Drew Basile / Austin Li Coon
12. csnarpy - Julie Alley / Bruce Perreault
13. jroc - Janani Krishnan-Jha aka J.Maya / Dee Valladares
14. droopydrew19 -Hannah Rose / Kendra McQuarrie
15. Cheese - Dee Valadares / Jake O'Kane
16. trackercrowe - Brandon Donlon / Julie Alley
17. WhiteTiger - Sabiyah Broderick / Kellie Nalbandian
18. surferguy - Katura Tops / Katura Tops

csnarpy takes his first hit and KFF gets voted off the island with Bruce's departure.
Old 11-30-2023, 05:49 PM   #149
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

The stupid part for Bruce was that he's actually good in the challenges. Play your idol, see what happens the next day. You are totally right Cheese, sky high risk, almost zero reward. Really dumb. But good on Emily for talking him into it.

And has already been said, the Reba 4 are cruising. Not sure why the others don't see it. Although looks like something might be going on with Julie next week?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #150
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems odd to me the people who are out wanted Bruce gone so badly...he was a dumbass but not the reason they all went home. Not recognizing the actual threats is why they are on the bench I guess.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:52 PM   #151
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was an interesting episode.

While it's always nice to see an Idol be played and work, I can't help but wonder if Julie made the wrong choice with who she sent home.

She was probably thinking that Emily is a bigger threat to be sitting beside than Austin (and she's right) but the information she doesn't have is going to be an issue.

Next episode, even if neither Austin or Drew win Immunity, both are still safe. Austin still has his Idol (which must be played in the next Immunity to be worth anything), and Drew has his "Safety without Power" advantage, which takes them in a strong position into the Final Five.

Some pretty big brass balls on Austin to not play his Idol when Julie played hers, though.

I think that Emily needed to be quiet about her causing Bruce's downfall. She apparently was clever enough to engineer it without anyone else being in the know, so that should have been part of her jury pitch instead of something 'round the campfire that night. Put a huge target on herself.
Old 12-06-2023, 11:24 PM   #152
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why did Austin give Julie the "better" of his two idols? Massive brain fart. Also he should collected the second idol immediately after he leant it to Julie. Very dumb decision x2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 05:39 AM   #153
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

No laptop with me this week, ChuckieNZ takes the double whammy and is eliminated.
Old 12-09-2023, 09:39 AM   #154
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was sad to see Emily leave. She was definitely one of the more interesting players of the last few seasons.

Re-ranking the remaining players based on my perceived chance of them winning, I still have Drew and Austin at the top. They've basically run the season in my eyes and that still hasn't changed even with Austin's probable screwup this episode.

In the second tier, I have Dee and and Katura. I think both could win, if one of them can make a big move like getting out Drew or Austin and doesn't have to sit in the finals with the other one. Dee maybe deserves to be in the top tier as well. The edit she is getting makes it seem like Drew and Austin are pulling all the strings, but a few episodes ago it seemed like a lot of the players believed her to be a bigger threat than them. So what we're seeing might not be showing her real chance of getting jury votes.

In the bottom tier, I have Jake and Julie. Julie is down here because she now has all five of the other players not wanting her in the finals at all. It seems like no-one thought they could beat her before tonights episode, and now after that move they'll for sure not want to be next to her. I don't think she can survive with everyone gunning for her. As for Jake, he just hasn't done enough to be a threat to win. Good chance he gets taken to the finals now though, as everyone else must see him as someone they can easily beat.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2023, 07:48 AM   #155
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Down to brass tacks tonight, finale next week.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:03 PM   #156
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Druuuude!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 10:35 PM   #157
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a rough episode for Drew. Started angry that his plan didn't work to vote out Julie. Didn't get picked by his #1 for reward. Didn't catch Jake finding an idol (although it didn't matter for him in the end) and wasn't given the amulet and as a result was voted out.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:41 PM   #158
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good episode tonight, and I think that Drew is the right vote. He pretty much has masterminded the show from the merge to here, and unless the jury is bitter, he'd likely end up with the million.

Gonna be interesting to see what this does to Dee and Austin, though. I do have a feeling that if she'd told him, he would have told Drew. I was hoping to see Drew's Advantage played.

Next week will be pretty interesting too, since the only person left safe to the Final Four is now Jake.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 03:43 AM   #159
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going into the final i expect the players to win in this order if they make the final 3

Julie - runaway winner
Austin / Dee - secondary
Kutura / Jake - third tier
Old 12-14-2023, 05:34 AM   #160
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

"A tragic time old story about a guy who goes into Survivor with a lot of brain power and a little bit too much confidence." That's how Drew describes his complete blindside. The graduate student had schooled his competition up to that point, in control of every vote to help get the Rebas to a majority.

https://parade.com/tv/who-was-voted-...season-45-2023

1. bigtmac19 - Kellie Nalbandian / Sabiyah Broderick
2. mikephoen - Austin Li Coon / Janani Krishnan-Jha
3. savardandjokinen - Jake O’Kane / Sean Edwards
4. Fuzz - Kaleb Gebrewold / Drew Basile
5. KootenayFlamesFan - Bruce Perreault / Brandon Donlon
6. ChuckieNZ - Emily Flippen / Emily Flipper
7. Yoho - Brandon Meyer /Hannah Rose
8. TheIronMaiden - Sifu Aslup / Sifu Aslup
9. Barnes - Kendra McQuarrie / Brandon Meyer
10. transplant99 - Sean Edwards/ Kaleb Gebrewold
11. jg13 - Drew Basile / Austin Li Coon
12. csnarpy - Julie Alley / Bruce Perreault
13. jroc - Janani Krishnan-Jha aka J.Maya / Dee Valladares
14. droopydrew19 -Hannah Rose / Kendra McQuarrie
15. Cheese - Dee Valadares / Jake O'Kane
16. trackercrowe - Brandon Donlon / Julie Alley
17. WhiteTiger - Sabiyah Broderick / Kellie Nalbandian
18. surferguy - Katura Tops / Katura Tops

With Drew's elimination Fuzz is also voted off the island and jg13 takes their first hit.