Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #141
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got it, thanks GGG. Sorry for wrenching it up, but I'm committed now!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #142
Guest1

In the games I played, I only seem to remember 2 "no-lynches"? It doesn't happen that often.

And I messed up my vote post too. I don't remember if we had that rule on previous games... but I guess it would make it more noticeable when tallying up. When I change it, I'll make sure to do it right

And just so I don't insult anyone with the wrong pronouns, I'm the only girl?
Old 01-22-2019, 02:56 PM   #143
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
In the games I played, I only seem to remember 2 "no-lynches"? It doesn't happen that often.

And I messed up my vote post too. I don't remember if we had that rule on previous games... but I guess it would make it more noticeable when tallying up. When I change it, I'll make sure to do it right

And just so I don't insult anyone with the wrong pronouns, I'm the only girl?
I think so... if anyone else prefers to be referred to as "her" please speak up. I find "they" very awkward to use, and a bit jarring when used by someone else to describe me. I'm a male, and prefer "he/him." If anyone has a different pronoun choice (xe, or something non-binary) please mention, as I'd like to refer to people as they prefer
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #144
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or just don't take offense if you get called "him" when I'm talking about you, as each one prefers...
Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #145
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

However, he hasn't voted yet, and we're getting along in day 1. I said I would switch my vote to anyone who hadn't voted by now. There are a few, so I'm using most experienced player as a tie-breaker. A newbie is more likely to not vote based on nerves/experience, whereas an experienced player is maybe more likely trying to hide. I know mrkajz is a quality player based on past experience, and he's the most experienced of those who haven't voted. I'm switching my vote to him.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #146
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unvote: SebC
Old 01-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #147
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vote: mrkajz44
Old 01-22-2019, 05:26 PM   #148
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
However, he hasn't voted yet, and we're getting along in day 1. I said I would switch my vote to anyone who hadn't voted by now. There are a few, so I'm using most experienced player as a tie-breaker. A newbie is more likely to not vote based on nerves/experience, whereas an experienced player is maybe more likely trying to hide. I know mrkajz is a quality player based on past experience, and he's the most experienced of those who haven't voted. I'm switching my vote to him.
You start this post with a “However” which seems like there is a paragraph missing before this post. It doesn’t appear to connect with your previous two posts about pronouns.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #149
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I can only recall one but I remember it was devastating to the town, we can't let that happen, especially early on. We need to figure out who we are lynching well before the deadline so we are not scrambling.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #150
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
You start this post with a “However” which seems like there is a paragraph missing before this post. It doesn’t appear to connect with your previous two posts about pronouns.

Sorry about that. I changed the order of my sentences around and messed it up. I won't edit it obviously, but will try to repost. Sorry, on my phone.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #151
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

I said I would switch my vote to anyone who hadn't voted by now. There are a few, so I'm using most experienced player as a tie-breaker. A newbie is more likely to not vote based on nerves/experience, whereas an experienced player is maybe more likely trying to hide. I know mrkajz is a quality player based on past experience, and he's the most experienced of those who haven't voted yet, and we're getting along in day 1. I'm switching my vote to him.

《《Repost from above as noted》》
Old 01-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #152
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vote: WinnipegFan
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #153
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m not sure yet, and I would prefer if this poster would speak up/contribute.

I’m guilty of using they. In this politically correct climate, the last thing I want to do is offend people. My bad
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:44 PM   #154
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like Thursday at 10 is a fair amount of time to get votes in considering we have 1/3 of them already? Is there that much concern we miss a lynch in 48 hours from now?
Seems unnecessarily rushed
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #155
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well it is nice of the Edmonton fans to come out and pick on the new guy. I am not an oiler trash bag, I do have a toddler so I am doing my best to post Anyways, for us townies it is easy to see the mafia folk as they attempt some half witted unification against the only guy who was away from the posts for a bit. Flames fan all the way, the only thing I like about Edmonton is how easy they are to make fun of. Being from Winnipeg allows me to appreciate the literal bunghole like atmosphere as it is exactly the same in Deadmonton.

Vote: adgulati

you have no reason but being a mafia follower to vote for me so I am calling you on it.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #156
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well it is nice of the Edmonton fans to come out and pick on the new guy. I am not an oiler trash bag, I do have a toddler so I am doing my best to post Anyways, for us townies it is easy to see the mafia folk as they attempt some half witted unification against the only guy who was away from the posts for a bit. Flames fan all the way, the only thing I like about Edmonton is how easy they are to make fun of. Being from Winnipeg allows me to appreciate the literal bunghole like atmosphere as it is exactly the same in Deadmonton.

Vote: adgulati

you have no reason but being a mafia follower to vote for me so I am calling you on it.

Edited for spelling of name.

Vote: Agulati
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #157
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Vote posts are to be dedicated posts with nothing else in them

Typical Oilbro
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:02 PM   #158
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Vote: WinnipegFan
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:26 PM   #159
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Seems like Thursday at 10 is a fair amount of time to get votes in considering we have 1/3 of them already? Is there that much concern we miss a lynch in 48 hours from now?
Seems unnecessarily rushed
We don’t want to lynch anyone until closer to the deadline just put pressure on people with votes on the table. It takes 7 right now to Ban 5 at the deadline so we want to make sure we don’t accidentally Ban someone.

Ideally we let the poster who is about to be banned make a final statement before someone puts on the last vote that way if they flip town you understand their view of the state of the game and know they were being truthful with their analysis.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 09:31 PM   #160
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

there are 4 votes on Winnipeg fan so we need to ensure we don’t accidentally lynch him with 7 votes.