Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #141
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think this one is different.

RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #142
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is starting to get a little silly now. It was good on Kitchen Nightmares, but that's about the extent of my interest in these two clowns.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #143
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
Part of reality TV is always staged. Words are moved out of context to make it much easier to swallow. They probably picked out the loudest and most obnoxious moments out of tens of hours of filming to off an impression. I mean, if you take a perfectly normal group of people and sit them in front of a camera and selectively pick and choose what to show, you'll only something...but at the same time, that will only get you so far. Some of the crazy has to actually exist.
I've met people like these so I don't really see much that needed scripting. I mean they obviously did some, but really all of the really golden lines are just straight up unedited rants. I've actually had a boss that was just as nuts, in some ways even more so.

What in my experience is unusual here is that Amy is so completely incapable of controlling herself, and Samy isn't that much better. People with these kinds of fixations about their own infallability are often at least decent at hiding their truly obnoxious side to make themselves look like the victims.

Last edited by Itse; 05-16-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #144
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

I want to teach this woman a thing or two about wearing eyeliner.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #145
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
When your chin is functionally part of your neck, you'll do anything to draw the eye upwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #146
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Sure, she is open to some constructive criticism.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #147
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D to the iddy View Post
It's all speculation but some redditors mentioned that there are some signs that the restaurant could be a money-laundering front. Two examples would be skimming the tips from the servers would allow them to fudge their numbers and how he really did not want to police involved when the customer wouldn't pay for the pizza he never got. Also he's a gangster, not Ramsey, according to him. I find it hard to believe that this place is making money. I'd be curious to see their books.
That actually somehow makes the most sense. The restaurant business is a tough nut to crack when you're good. How this place stays open with that behaviour is borderline impossible. They must burn through hundreds of thousands of dollars without trying. I'd be surprised if all this attention doesn't dig up something illegal.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #148
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow, a lot of epic meltdown's this week, first the Toronto Maple Leafs and now Amy!

This meltdown is far more entertaining though.
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #149
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
That actually somehow makes the most sense. The restaurant business is a tough nut to crack when you're good. How this place stays open with that behaviour is borderline impossible. They must burn through hundreds of thousands of dollars without trying. I'd be surprised if all this attention doesn't dig up something illegal.
It probably serves a dual purpose as a money-laundering front and also to keep his wife occupied.

That may be a reason why the point of sale is always under his control because he can control the amount of money that is actually logged into the system and he can significantly add many more cash transactions through without others getting any wiser.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #150
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The guy said he was a developer and he had already put a million into the place, so maybe he has a lot of money to burn.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #151
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The guy said he was a developer and he had already put a million into the place, so maybe he has a lot of money to burn.
Developing cement shoes.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #152
awildermode
Franchise Player

Exp:

Proceeds of 'grand re-opening' will go to 'cyber bulling awareness".

Meanwhile, their actions towards their customers and employees is bullying.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #153
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best thing that could happen is that these 2 get investigated for all the false income claims they have made for daily tips they steal from the staff. The IRS should dig deep into all the likely personal right offs they lie about and business losses they claim. Like all the food they just throw away because that witch ruined it. Horrible horrible people they are delusional and despicable.

Never mind the 100 staff they have blown through in a year can imagine how many innocent staff from Hotels and Resorts when they travel they have gotten fired or blamed them for any reason they are displeased about and fabricate.
That B### is bat guano crazy and it is pretty clear she is a spoiled child women that is a gold digger.
As for that nutcase Sammy he is going to challenge the wrong person and probably get knocked out in a parking lot the way he gets in peoples faces and tells them to constantly eff off. It is laughable how he likes to "act" like a sawed off little gangster.

Last edited by Stay Golden; 05-16-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Stay Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #154
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
Proceeds of 'grand re-opening' will go to 'cyber bulling awareness".

Meanwhile, their actions towards their customers and employees is bullying.
The irony is delicious. Unlike their food.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #155
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let me get this straight. The husband won't let the wife call the cops because the business is a front for money laundering and he doesn't want to arouse their suspicion? But he will put their business on national television? Yup, makes sense.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burninator For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #156
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Let me get this straight. The husband won't let the wife call the cops because the business is a front for money laundering and he doesn't want to arouse their suspicion? But he will put their business on national television? Yup, makes sense.
You're assuming criminals are smart.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #157
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Exactly. If a business is laundering money there is no way in hell they bring any unwanted attention absolutely no way. I simply believe this guy has a lot of money and is letting his wife play out her dream.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #158
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or he knew if anything came of it, he would just buy off the local and state cops without an issue.

This is Arizona after all, where even nationally scrutinized sherrif's get away with forced labor camps, assault and murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #159
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
You're assuming criminals are smart.
I am assuming internet detectives don't know what they are doing.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Burninator For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #160
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I've met people like these so I don't really see much that needed scripting. I mean they obviously did some, but really all of the really golden lines are just straight up unedited rants. I've actually had a boss that was just as nuts, in some ways even more so.

What in my experience is unusual here is that Amy is so completely incapable of controlling herself, and Samy isn't that much better. People with these kinds of fixations about their own infallability are often at least decent at hiding their truly obnoxious side to make themselves look like the victims.
Oh, I didn't mean much. It's pretty easy to see where the lines of reality and of manipulative editing were drawn...and they are still crazy (and, against my predictions, they have proven that same level of insanity from the show in their handling of the online backlash). Here, there were just a couple small things. For example, the fashion in which the opening 7 minutes were made was a slight hiding of facts. I think the fired waitress later admitted she'd never seen anything like that before from the customers (in particular, the two male customers with relation to Samy). Most just took their orders, as bad as they were, and just never came back. The editing made it look like a regular occurrence (I will point out that Amy did mention "never seeing anything like this before", but the ordering makes it hard to trust any of her comments by this point).