Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #1541
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
If I could give you one of my many mythoclasts, I would!
I don't ever use them, but maybe when I bump it up to 365 I will. It's hard to justify using an exotic primary in PvE when Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn exist.
Oh I completely agree, I have a real tough time in PVE using an exotic primary. About the only time I'll do it is with Red Death during the Crota Fight.

Managed to get both a Hunger and Dragon's Breath last night....so now my Hunter is set!

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #1542
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still haven't bothered leveling my dragons breath, as tracking was the biggest requirement for a rocket for crota. I feel like it's probably pretty good.
You'll be happy with the hunger though. It's pretty reliable.
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #1543
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was just going to shard the dragon's breath.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 04-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #1544
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
I was just going to shard the dragon's breath.
Dragons breath is really good for crowd and direction control. Want a boss to walk a certain way? Shoot a dragon's breath and he will go the opposite direction.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #1545
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Dragons breath is really good for crowd and direction control. Want a boss to walk a certain way? Shoot a dragon's breath and he will go the opposite direction.
I guess. But how often does that really matter in a boss fight? I don't think any of the raid bosses really need to be herded.

There's a few strikes where it might be useful, but to be honest I'm going to have my ice breaker equipped 9 times out of 10, so a sub par rocket launcher that's an exotic has a tough time making the cut.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #1546
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
You can't handle the Truth but Dragon's Breath & Hezen Vengeance are the BEST rocket launchers in the game period...........#@$% G-horn or Hunger!
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #1547
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Hunger is more useful than Gjallahorn since you can then continue using ice breaker. Most bang for the buck.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #1548
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Hunger is more useful than Gjallahorn since you can then continue using ice breaker. Most bang for the buck.
Ice Breaker/Hunger is great in many situations, but the Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn combo is still better in some situations, especially boss encounters.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:19 PM   #1549
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Ice Breaker/Hunger is great in many situations, but the Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn combo is still better in some situations, especially boss encounters.
This assumes that one has access to said Gjallarhorn / Black Hammer.

Hunger is literally the first rocket launcher with tracking that has dropped for me. Up until this point I've been running around with a blue rocket launcher and getting made fun of non stop by every raid group I'm in.

But the last week has been solid for heavy weapon drops for me. Thunderlord, hunger, dragon's breath...

Old 04-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #1550
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clusterbombs is overrated. Otherwise, Proximity/Tracking launchers are a decent substitute since missing with a rocket is about the worst thing you could do with your heavy.

Best PvE loadout is a sniper with Surplus. Extra per ammo box for everything including heavy.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #1551
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Clusterbombs is overrated. Otherwise, Proximity/Tracking launchers are a decent substitute since missing with a rocket is about the worst thing you could do with your heavy.

Best PvE loadout is a sniper with Surplus. Extra per ammo box for everything including heavy.

My favorite thus far is fatebringer, icebreaker, hunger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #1552
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tried out IB for the first time last night. Had a pretty good run of it on an individual stats basis, but lost probably 2/3 of my games because the other team was quite clearly playing in a fireteam.

Is there a way to post a full game replay? My first game I put up 36 kills, most of them were of a pretty nice snipe variety - wouldn't mind sharing!

Old 04-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #1553
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Tried out IB for the first time last night. Had a pretty good run of it on an individual stats basis, but lost probably 2/3 of my games because the other team was quite clearly playing in a fireteam.

Is there a way to post a full game replay? My first game I put up 36 kills, most of them were of a pretty nice snipe variety - wouldn't mind sharing!
I had the same experience last night as well. The number of times I found myself up against groups of three or four by myself was pretty staggering. I'd always try to find one or two guys on my team to stick close to, but that would last for about five seconds, as one would go one way and another would take off in another direction. I'd then go around a corner looking for the red guy on my radar, and get slaughtered by three or four guys who would then take off down the same hallway together.

All-in-all, it seems like running with two or three other people is a much more logical way to roll. I'm not sure why I always end up on the team full of lone wolves...

Also, the blink+shotgun thing is pretty annoying.

Does anyone else want to team up tonight for Iron Banner stuffs? I'm fairly new to the pvp side, but I do enjoy killing things and never say no to a task I'm given!

Here's my infos: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/overview/ps/rollbomb

Last edited by FanIn80; 04-29-2015 at 11:12 AM.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #1554
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I had the same experience last night as well. The number of times I found myself up against groups of three or four by myself was pretty staggering. I'd always try to find one or two guys on my team to stick close to, but that would last for about five seconds, as one would go one way and another would take off in another direction. I'd then go around a corner looking for the red guy on my radar, and get slaughtered by three or four guys who would then take off down the same hallway together.

All-in-all, it seems like running with two or three other people is a much more logical way to roll. I'm not sure why I always end up on the team full of lone wolves...

Also, the blink+shotgun thing is pretty annoying.

Does anyone else want to team up tonight for Iron Banner stuffs? I'm fairly new to the pvp side, but I do enjoy killing things and never say no to a task I'm given!

Here's my infos: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/overview/ps/rollbomb
Next time someone is trying to pull the blink shotgun on you, run towards them and blink the opposite way. Then turn around and collect the free kill as they panic and jump around trying to find you.

The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #1555
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trials of Osiris looks to be an intense experience with actual stakes on the line. Having to make a pre-made 3man team and matchmaking based on connectivity... It's nothing terribly new but it's a fun way to go about getting new gear in the Crucible.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #1556
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm going to have to practice pvp more. Trials of osiris looks awesome!
Actually wouldn't mind getting my feet wet in iron banner
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #1557
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

New HoW PvP maps. Looks more interesting than the TDB ones which are generally unmemorable. Crucible reward buffs also incoming. Lots of good things to look forward to as a heavy PvP guy.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:54 AM   #1558
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Trials of Osiris looks pretty intense. Not much of a PvP guy but this looks like it would be pretty fun.

TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #1559
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was hoping to take a run at the IB helmet this go around, but I'm in Vegas until Monday, so I'm out of luck
Old 04-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #1560
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Was hoping to take a run at the IB helmet this go around, but I'm in Vegas until Monday, so I'm out of luck
Oh poor you.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post: