Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #1441
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Jon told her afterward. "He hasn't fed his dogs in a week. Lol, what a d*ck". Probably word for word.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #1442
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sansa asks "where is he?" a while after Jon beats him. I would imagine they put him with the dogs and at that point told her they haven't eaten in seven days.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #1443
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Just re-watched the episode. How did Sansa know Ramsey hadn't fed his dogs in 7 days? She bolted well before he brought that up. I'm sure the easy answer is someone told her but that little detail would be the furthest from everyones mind since the battle had just ended.

Maybe a small editing glitch, just stuck out to me on the 2nd viewing.
That was the 2nd continuity error of this episode. The other was Tyrion regarding Theon, who was completely wrong on how his convo went with Theon the last time they met. It was him mocking Theon in Winterfell in S1
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #1444
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, you're right, she ran off before the dog's starving line.

V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #1445
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Ozzy Man Review is awesome, of course.

V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 11:26 AM   #1446
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

If she wasn't there when he said it, can't we just assume someone told her he said it?
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #1447
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Just re-watched the episode. How did Sansa know Ramsey hadn't fed his dogs in 7 days? She bolted well before he brought that up. I'm sure the easy answer is someone told her but that little detail would be the furthest from everyones mind since the battle had just ended.

Maybe a small editing glitch, just stuck out to me on the 2nd viewing.
Jon "What are you going to do?"

Sansa "I think maybe I'll feed him to his dogs, do you think they would attack their master?"

Jon "He hasn't fed them in 7 days...said so himself."
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #1448
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Its such a minor error really.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #1449
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
If she wasn't there when he said it, can't we just assume someone told her he said it?
You would assume someone told her when they were moving Ramsay in with the dogs.

Sansa: where's Ramsay?

Guy: with his hounds in a prison, but he hasn't fed them in.....

Sansa: Thank you! I need no further details on his hounds whatsoever, so don't bother telling me any. I will assume he has been placed in a prison with his hounds nearby in order to provide him company.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #1450
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Someone brought it up at the "how are we going to kill him" brainstorming session and "death by starving hounds" suggestion got one more vote than "death by staring by a lordette"
Old 06-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #1451
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Someone brought it up at the "how are we going to kill him" brainstorming session and "death by starving hounds" suggestion got one more vote than "death by staring by a lordette"
A lot of things happen off screen on TV shows and movies. I have yet to see Sansa use the loo either. I assume she still does. Although a scene featuring everyone debating how to dispose of Ramsay, although pretty gruesome, would have been pretty hilarious.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #1452
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe it's just me but this season has been particularly liberal with things happening off-screen, to the point it's confusing. Travel and exchange of information no longer occurs, really.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #1453
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Maybe it's just me but this season has been particularly liberal with things happening off-screen, to the point it's confusing. Travel and exchange of information no longer occurs, really.
I think the issue is they are compressing the seasons into fewer episodes. HBO is a subscription service, so they save money while making fewer episodes. As they have no add space, they have no incentive to make more episodes in a season.

It's also hard to please everyone all of the time. When too much set up and details are put in, people complain about how slow things are.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #1454
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I think the issue is they are compressing the seasons into fewer episodes. HBO is a subscription service, so they save money while making fewer episodes. As they have no add space, they have no incentive to make more episodes in a season.

It's also hard to please everyone all of the time. When too much set up and details are put in, people complain about how slow things are.
There's more incentive to draw it out. They want longer subscriptions, not shorter ones
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #1455
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
The only logical explanation is that Littlefinger owns a choppa. He must get to it often.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #1456
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

The biggest miss for me in the episode was when Ramsay shoots Won Won. Why wouldn't he just shoot Jon? He doesn't exactly seem like the type to revel in fair play. He seems more like the type who would enjoy his one last little bit of inflicting suffering by killing the leader of the other side during a distracted moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #1457
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ramsay was a good shot with his bow and he knew that he'd have more opportunities to shoot Jon, which he tried to do. It seems like everything he did, all the way to the end was to hurt Jon in some form or another. He saw Jon was sad about the giant, so shot him in the eye as Jon was reaching out. One final insult before Ramsay would (attempt to) shoot Jon.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #1458
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I don't buy it, he had a chance to kill Jon for sure, or at the very least shoot him in the leg to wound him.. and he shot the giant. That was a massive hole in what was otherwise the best episode of the series.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #1459
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

one could argue that Ramsay's final kill was an act of mercy. Wun Wun was a porcupine, no maester was going to come in with a huge barrel of ointment to save him.

that's two endangered northern species extinct in the span of a half season. fingers crossed for a badass giant wight when the icy invasion force arrives.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #1460
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I don't buy it, he had a chance to kill Jon for sure, or at the very least shoot him in the leg to wound him.. and he shot the giant. That was a massive hole in what was otherwise the best episode of the series.
It perfectly fits Ramsay's character. He's a sadistic #######. He simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to spite Jon one more time.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post: