Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2016, 01:23 AM   #1401
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Looks like a relatively good-sized crowd. And they got their entertainment, that's for sure.

Haha @4:25. The PBP is the loudest fan in the building.
Who is this Jeanneret wannabe tool? I can't stand announcers that can't come up with their own style, next he'll want a dog removed from his lawn ala Mike Lange(who rocks by the way)
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:01 AM   #1402
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
Who is this Jeanneret wannabe tool? I can't stand announcers that can't come up with their own style, next he'll want a dog removed from his lawn ala Mike Lange(who rocks by the way)
He's a young broadcaster still developing his own style for chirst sake. Last season with the Thunder was his first as a play by play man since college as far as I can tell and prior to his 2 years doing PBP he had 2 seasons doing color for the Thunder.

His name is Brandon Kisker. He's also the most knowledgeable, passionate (and I don't mean his goal calls) and hardest working PBP guy our AHL team has had as far as I can remember. This is a guy who clearly loves the game, he is a goaltender himself, he writes most of the articles on the Heat website (which has way more articles than Abbotsford or Adirondack had), he actually traveled to Penticton for the young stars tournament which isn't even something I recall Pinder or Astle doing for Abbotsford and the Adirondack one didn't seem to care or know anything about the game. Kisker also takes the time to respond to those of us who have tweeted him asking questions about the Heat.

While his goal calls might be a little over the top but he is doing an absolutely incredible job keeping us informed and that is the most important part of his job.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #1403
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wouldn't sweat T@T too much man. I'm not a fan of that style of call, way too over the top for my liking but the guy probably isn't a wannabe tool, that's just T@T being... T@T.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #1404
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
He's a young broadcaster still developing his own style for chirst sake. Last season with the Thunder was his first as a play by play man since college as far as I can tell and prior to his 2 years doing PBP he had 2 seasons doing color for the Thunder.

His name is Brandon Kisker. He's also the most knowledgeable, passionate (and I don't mean his goal calls) and hardest working PBP guy our AHL team has had as far as I can remember. This is a guy who clearly loves the game, he is a goaltender himself, he writes most of the articles on the Heat website (which has way more articles than Abbotsford or Adirondack had), he actually traveled to Penticton for the young stars tournament which isn't even something I recall Pinder or Astle doing for Abbotsford and the Adirondack one didn't seem to care or know anything about the game. Kisker also takes the time to respond to those of us who have tweeted him asking questions about the Heat.

While his goal calls might be a little over the top but he is doing an absolutely incredible job keeping us informed and that is the most important part of his job.
Kudos for this. I love the passion of this guy. He has his own voice which is preferable to the majority of PBP announcers.
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funkhouser For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #1405
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he's awesome. Over the top? Definitely. But if passion is his worst fault, he'll be alright.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #1406
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I think he's awesome. Over the top? Definitely. But if passion is his worst fault, he'll be alright.
He might just be my favorite pbp guy.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #1407
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Over-the-Top is good. This is not a neutral, NHL broadcast of a Flames / Oilers game - it's a local radio AHL broadcast. The best way to get people in the Hockey Mecca of Stockton excited about their local team in its first year of existence in a brand new division in a league they've never experienced? Make it sound exciting when they do positive things. So that as they're driving around they really want to go buy some tickets and see what the buzz is all about. I am not sure if the Heat are even on local TV there.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 04-11-2016 at 12:53 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #1408
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

As said he's over the top but he can pull it off. Others probably couldn't but his enthusiasm seems genuine. As I said before, I think he's a hoot.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #1409
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Wouldn't sweat T@T too much man. I'm not a fan of that style of call, way too over the top for my liking but the guy probably isn't a wannabe tool, that's just T@T being... T@T.
Seriously? The guy is beyond brutal, make no wonder hockey is lacking behind most other sports in the U.S. The AHL is pro hockey, this guy belongs in pee wee.
The Following User Says Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #1410
hackamore
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
Seriously? The guy is beyond brutal, make no wonder hockey is lacking behind most other sports in the U.S. The AHL is pro hockey, this guy belongs in pee wee.
A lot worse out there, he is very passionate and positive about the team, and he is really good about answering emails about the team. The Heat PR department not so good at that aspect. But if you really want to complain about the AHL, it should be the horrible quality of their video feed we are forced to view if we want to watch AHL level hockey. Very inconsistent game to game, not just club to club, but game to game. And even the so called good feeds are no better than what I watched for college hockey six years ago for free, and I did not have to pay over two hundred Canadian to view it as I did to watch AHL this year. The NHL should be embarrassed charging money for this product.
hackamore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hackamore For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #1411
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love when he annouces the other teams goals hahaha

Annnnnd they scored... Uhhhhhhhhhhhgggh

Annnd somehow... They scored

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... They scored

FREEEEDDDIIIIEEE HAMMMILLLTOOON OMG WHHHHATTTT A GOOOOOAAAALLL ANDDD THEEEEE HEAAAAAT LIVEEEEE TO SEEEEEEE ANNNNNOTTTHEEEER DAAAAAAYYYYYYY

This guy has entertained me the whole year so much so that I look forward to the Stockton recap videos and am dissapointed when its the opposing teams feed for the replays hahahaha - could you imagine this guy in the playoffs??? #ifthereisagod

Last edited by Heavy Jack; 04-11-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 04:42 AM   #1412
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackamore View Post
A lot worse out there,
Probably asking a lot but can you post a sound bite of a worst AHL/NHL announcer?

I seriously think the sport is in big trouble for growth if there are worst than him.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #1413
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, he's never going to be a renown PBP commentator with his current routine, but he could be asked to be the lead singer in a heavy metal band.

He might be a great guy, but that's not what this is about. If people are going to trash Hiller on his performance, then why not the PBP who screams at you when you're trying to enjoy the highlights?
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkGio For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #1414
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

How the hell do you unthank posts on Tapatalk? It won't let me.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #1415
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
How the hell do you unthank posts on Tapatalk? It won't let me.
Only way is to go to Web View, find the post, and unthank from there. It's a pain since it's so easy to accidentally thank a post in tapatalk.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 11:52 AM   #1416
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
Only way is to go to Web View, find the post, and unthank from there. It's a pain since it's so easy to accidentally thank a post in tapatalk.

There have been probably half a dozen bad posts I have thanked, along with multiple more regular unremarkable posts I've done the same with. Makes me look like a bad person if you ask me.

Your post was thanked on purpose, by the by.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #1417
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Van Brabant is the trigger man on a line with Shinkaruk and Jankowski.

Wat.

This line has had quite a few scoring chances but nothing to show for it, either missing the net or Brossoit being all "I hate Calgary for trading me".

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 04-12-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:09 PM   #1418
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Janko with a clutch PP goal. Still 2-3 Condors though. Agostino and Shore with the assists. Agostino's second (Shinkaruk also added one, on a F. Hamilton goal)

Hopefully they can get the tie.

...ELSON TIES IT! Kilimmer and Shore the assists! Kisker absolutely glowing about Klimchuk.

3-3

Last edited by GranteedEV; 04-12-2016 at 10:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 10:26 PM   #1419
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

4-3 Condors, about 3 minutes left

Kulak draws a huge penalty, they're going on the PP now. This is their season...

aaand a shorty. 5-3 Condors. That's probably it.

Last edited by GranteedEV; 04-12-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #1420
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:
wranglers

Bakersfield wins 6-3 ... and the Heat are officially eliminated from the playoffs.