Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2022, 09:53 PM   #1401
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jimmy McGill is officially dead

Really liked the time skip at the end

Guessing that is officially it for Gus and Mike for the rest of the show. Kim we'll probably see again.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2022, 09:54 PM   #1402
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's really been the Big Question since season 1. It feels like it's missing something. This show has been so good, and that scene just didn't have it.
It worked for me. Her and Jimmy's last scene and the scene with Howard's wife were pretty heart wrenching. That end to their relationship worked pretty well as the final straw that turned him into Saul. It would be hard to imagine him recovering if he got her killed. The Nacho-Mike scene was great too.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2022, 09:58 PM   #1403
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're officially into Breaking Bad territory now. These last 4 episodes are gonna be really interesting.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:51 AM   #1404
Elkyiv
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Good episode. Bob is a lot thinner today than he was in BB. Rewatching the episode when Badger gets busted. He's a much more comical character too.
Elkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:23 AM   #1405
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

man that was pretty emotional for me.
At the start of episode 1 I thought Kim was just another bimbo blonde

Rhea Seehorn is the best actress on TV and it's a god damn shame she does not have an Emmy. ... not that it really matters.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:40 AM   #1406
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Three consecutive episodes that were amazing! Rare to see on TV.
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stud_McCool For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2022, 08:31 PM   #1407
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:38 PM   #1408
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm... I guess I'm in the minority then. I enjoyed the conclusion to Kim's story and it kind of brought it all back to the start when the two of them first started hanging out and would scam strangers for fun at bars. They were truly not good for each other when together but even worse for others when together.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2022, 09:07 PM   #1409
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Hmm... I guess I'm in the minority then. I enjoyed the conclusion to Kim's story and it kind of brought it all back to the start when the two of them first started hanging out and would scam strangers for fun at bars. They were truly not good for each other when together but even worse for others when together.
I was surprised it happened so early on in the second half of the final season. I suspect we might see her again though in the Gene timeline though.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:44 PM   #1410
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
Old 07-20-2022, 07:20 AM   #1411
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I was surprised it happened so early on in the second half of the final season. I suspect we might see her again though in the Gene timeline though.
Agreed. I posted last week that I was glad they at least wrapped up Lalo in time to let the rest of the ending pace out better, but then they go and wrap up just about everyone else in this episode!

Are you guys working under the assumption that the jump from Kim leaving to the Saul we saw at the end is permanent? Is there any other transition material left or have we moved on to golden toilet Saul for good? I think that's the case I just wasn't sure if everyone was getting that vibe. Though I could see maybe a little more on the Sandpiper settlement that I assume got Saul most of the luxurious lifestyle.

If true, then we certainly get to overlap the BB time for a bit and get the Walt and Jesse cameos and then hopefully have some satisfying resolution to Gene. Not a lot for 4 episodes, but with how dialed in this series has been, I still have high expectations.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #1412
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Spoiler!
If you had dry eyes when Walter returned home and said good-bye to Holly you're a monster!

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #1413
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Agreed. I posted last week that I was glad they at least wrapped up Lalo in time to let the rest of the ending pace out better, but then they go and wrap up just about everyone else in this episode!

Are you guys working under the assumption that the jump from Kim leaving to the Saul we saw at the end is permanent? Is there any other transition material left or have we moved on to golden toilet Saul for good? I think that's the case I just wasn't sure if everyone was getting that vibe. Though I could see maybe a little more on the Sandpiper settlement that I assume got Saul most of the luxurious lifestyle.

If true, then we certainly get to overlap the BB time for a bit and get the Walt and Jesse cameos and then hopefully have some satisfying resolution to Gene. Not a lot for 4 episodes, but with how dialed in this series has been, I still have high expectations.

Yep. I think the Better Call Saul timeline is done.

I think 1 or 2 episodes will be Breaking Bad from Saul's POV, followed by 2 or 3 episodes of Gene.

I don't think we see Gus anymore. The wine scene felt like a good sendoff - allows himself to relax for a bit but is reminded of his ultimate goal and gets back to work.

Might not see Mike anymore too.

I'm confident Kim will appear again - either in a reunion with Gene at the very end, or Saul sees her in Breaking Bad living a normal life with a husband and kid or something.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #1414
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
If you had dry eyes when Walter returned home and said good-bye to Holly you're a monster!
Oh yes. I stand corrected
Old 07-20-2022, 05:31 PM   #1415
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have a little bit of emotional trauma from last night's breakup scene. One thing I didn't consider is that Vince said a few years ago he would perhaps consider a Kim show. I think that'd be fantastic. Rhea is a fabulous fabulous actor, I think she absolutely deserves her own show. Even if another spin-off may be a bit much.

It's very tragic what happened to Jimmy and Kim, even if they somehow reconcile in the gene timeline, all those years are lost. I would almost prefer that Kim finds herself a normal life with another man and has a kid or something. A la la land type of ending. Although that ending crushed my soul too. Talk about an ugly cry, Jesus.

What a show.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:40 PM   #1416
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if it's the last we see of Kim. She's technically out of pocket now
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:41 PM   #1417
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Hank getting killed was not surprising, but still sadly tragic.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:54 PM   #1418
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

When we saw Saul getting ready for work and on the phone with Francesca towards the end of the episodes, when he asks what else she has: "Another public masturbator? Which one? ... A new guy?! Huh. Everyone must be doing it."

Jump to about 45 seconds if you don't want to watch the whole video.

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:16 PM   #1419
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I knew the guy at the bar with Gus looked familiar, but I couldn't place him until I saw a review of the episode. It was Reed Diamond.

He's been in a lot of things over the years, but what I first remember him from is Homicide: Life on the Street in the late 90s. That's also the first thing I remember seeing Giancarlo Esposito in.

It looks like their time on Homicide didn't overlap that much. Esposito joined the show at the beginning of its seventh season and Diamond left after the first 9 episodes of season seven.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:01 AM   #1420
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didnt know Gus was gay.

Man. My gaydar needs work.

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman