Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #1381
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a time I was ready to quit subscribing to Netflix but then my kids grew up and honestly between the TV series, cartoons, and movies that's all they watch. It doesn't hurt that they have added shows like Jennifer Jones to the mix. I still feel the Canadian movie selection is piss poor though.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #1382
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I cut the cable cord in 2010, because I figured it was a cost I didn't need to pay as I watched very little media. But in recent years, my subscriptions have grown to include Netflix, a VPN, Hulu, NHL (on and off), Plex, Spotify, and of course Internet. And that doesn't even include print media, or Amazon Prime which I've yet to even look into if I can make use of their streaming services in Canada.

It would probably just be cheaper to go back to cable and internet, but that won't ever happen: I've become to accustomed to watching what I want, where I want, on a device of my choosing, and when I want.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #1383
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well looks like unblock has indeed stopped working for me. I can still see the American catalogue, but when I try and watch something it says it isn't available in my region (Canada). Bummer.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:16 AM   #1384
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

And it's working again. I just excited out of Netflix on my TV, went back in, and it's working. Strange.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #1385
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
And it's working again. I just excited out of Netflix on my TV, went back in, and it's working. Strange.
That has happened once or twice to me over the last week. I think Netflix is figuring out Unblock but Unblock is adapting as quick as Netflix can block their service.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #1386
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Look's like it may be happening!

Engadget
Quote:
Last week, Netflix said it would be bringing down the hammer on people who use VPNs (or other similar means) to access geo-restricted content. And, by the looks of it, the streaming titan isn't wasting any time. According to uFlix, a paid service that lets anyone in Australia change their IP address and DNS settings for entertainment purposes, Netflix has started blocking users from viewing its US-only videos. "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again," Netflix reportedly told some Australian customers.

The blockade seems to only be affecting a few users currently, uFlix expressed in a blog post, noting that it expects this number to increase in the near future. "We are working on a solution to get around these new measures and apologize for the inconvenience to those who are currently only getting Australian Netflix," uFlix added.

While this may only be happening in Australia right now, it won't be long before Netflix expands these practices elsewhere. At this point, it's not a matter of if, but when -- especially with the company's recently established commitment to solving its issue with unblockers.
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #1387
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Netflix has been so nice to its customer base with it's high limits on multiple households/devices and not caring about the VPN issue for all of this time.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:59 AM   #1388
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

I noticed that Unblock US removed Netflix from their advertising.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #1389
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've also been having problems with Unblock-Us, but this solution seems to work for now
https://support.unblock-us.com/custo...roxy-?b_id=530
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #1390
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

New Season of The 100 is out now. A bit cheesy and kind of poorly acted, but I like it anyway.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #1391
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
New Season of The 100 is out now. A bit cheesy and kind of poorly acted, but I like it anyway.
I noticed it was back, but with how dreadful it got last season (and not the charming, delightful kind of dreadful the first season was), I'm hesitant to give it another go.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #1392
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

My VPN has been blocked. Tried hopping to US, Australia and Mexico and all no go. Can only stay in Canada for now.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:40 PM   #1393
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I think things in general are slightly more expensive today but I'm ok with it. If you look at Cliff's post a couple pages back, cites how before you could get cable today for $35. Where is that??? I'm not sure about that.

Anyway post I wanted to make is:

1. how else do telecom / cable companies demonstrate growth to shareholders to an already very connected market other than price increase?

2. Are you willing to pay more for internet / cable service? Because I am, and that's what drives pricing. I'm sure there is a price I say no, but internet is quickly becoming as much of a part of my life as, say... driving a car.....
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #1394
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Looks like it's hitting Canada!

Got prompted with the "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy" message this morning, switched it back to Canada on UnblockUs, and that's working for now.

Anyone else get hit with it?
Old 02-08-2016, 04:33 PM   #1395
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCallahan View Post
Looks like it's hitting Canada!

Got prompted with the "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy" message this morning, switched it back to Canada on UnblockUs, and that's working for now.

Anyone else get hit with it?
I get that problem on the Xbox i just kill the app and reload it and it doesn't give me that message.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #1396
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

0 issues using HMA! Pro with both browser and Win10 App access.

I assume this mostly affects proxy type maskers and not full PC VPNs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #1397
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's a fix from Unblock Us that involves you emailing them, updating your settings, and logging back in. I had the issue, and it's working again.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #1398
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
There's a fix from Unblock Us that involves you emailing them, updating your settings, and logging back in. I had the issue, and it's working again.
Yeah, they gave me a couple new DNS servers to use. I have a feeling this is more of a temp fix, rather than a permanent fix.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:26 AM   #1399
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
0 issues using HMA! Pro with both browser and Win10 App access.

I assume this mostly affects proxy type maskers and not full PC VPNs.
PIA is full VPN and it's no go.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darklord700 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #1400
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
PIA is full VPN and it's no go.
Same with Cloudnymous
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote