Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #121
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Burrows is the worst and I'm glad he's dead.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 07:04 PM   #122
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mayenknech, TSN 1040
”I could never figure out why Alexandre Burrows was so hated in every other NHL market...”
That is a direct quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #123
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any time you take out a dirty player with a history of biting, hair pulling and multiple other transgressions, the league is a better place.
The entire NHL is better off without Burrows in it.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #124
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey, Hockey is right. Alexandre Burrows was a terrific human being.

Wait. ‘Human’ means ‘made out of humus’, doesn't it?

No?

Never mind, then.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #125
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
He’s going to coach Montreal’s AHL team as an assistant coach

i always figured he'd do something with law enforcement... you know... to help take a bite out of crime!
Old 07-07-2018, 12:15 PM   #126
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad he's gone.

A cheap, dirty coward. No place in the league for that lack of character.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #127
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Quote:
"Smartest choices"?

He knew someone was abused as a child and mocked them for it. Repeatedly.

The things he said to O'Sullivan, Tootoo, O'Brian etc weren't just bad decisions. They were windows into the kind of person he is. And news flash, it's not "a great human being".

Anyone who would knowingly mock someone for being abused is a vile, disgusting waste of a person.

The fact you feel the need to try and justify looking past that to actively praise him as a person speaks volumes.
You need to speak to this, Hockey. This specifically.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #128
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
You need to speak to this, Hockey. This specifically.

I sincerely hope that Hockey did not know of these incidents when he defended that rotting trash.
schteve_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #129
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve_d View Post
I sincerely hope that Hockey did not know of these incidents when he defended that rotting trash.
I'm guessing he knew and, like many other Canuck fans, does not care. Don't forget these are the fans that cheered for Kesler and bieksuck on that same team, then torched their own city.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #130
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Burrows was a Flame majority of his career you guys would look at him different too. He's done so much for the community and helped Sedins launch their careers. Went from an ECHLer to a first line NHLer. Sorry if he trashed talked people.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #131
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
If Burrows was a Flame majority of his career you guys would look at him different too. He's done so much for the community and helped Sedins launch their careers. Went from an ECHLer to a first line NHLer. Sorry if he trashed talked people.
There’s trash talk, and then there’s what he did. It is beyond the pale and indefensible.
IamNotKenKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #132
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
lol, "trash talk"?

You are so far gone it's useless even talking to you about this topic.

No, I don't think the majority of people here would look past Burrows' vile and despicable behaviour were he a flame. We're not talking about trash talk or playing with an edge.

We're talking about a piece of garbage who mocks child abuse.

Team mandated charity work or his road to the NHL (all the while being a piece of trash human being) make absolutely no difference.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #133
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
"He only went to rallies on the weekends. He was like barely even in the Klan."

-Every Canuck fan.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #134
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If Burrows was a Flame majority of his career you guys would look at him different too.
Yep for sure. And if you were a fan of any of the other 30 fan bases and not a Canuck you would see him as a piece of #### who would insult someone over childhood abuse, bite, and knee someone in the head multiple times. As well as many dirty and borderline dirty hits that he would coward out of answering for.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #135
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No, I don't think the majority of people here would look past Burrows' vile and despicable behaviour were he a flame. We're not talking about trash talk or playing with an edge.

We're talking about a piece of garbage who mocks child abuse.
And yet a large number of Flames fan still love Gilmour...

You can't blame a guy for liking one of his team players, we often look beyond the transgressions of those we idolize. Nothing new, can't blame Hockey just he needs to be the one to realize he's the biased one, not every single other fanbase :P
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #136
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There are a lot of ex-Flames that are disliked by Flames fans because they were dirty and of not good character. Guys like Bryan Marchment, Sasha Lakovic, Paul Baxter, Willie Plett, Denis Gauthier, Chris Simon to name a few. Like any place, you will get varying opinions, but I am not proud that any of them wore Flames sweaters. Even though Ville Neiminen became a valuable player during a playoff run, I didn't like him much. And as far as I know, none of those guys crossed the line like Burrows did by making it personal.

I get that it is reasonable to separate the on-ice stuff from the off-ice stuff. I am sure guys like Gauthier and Marchment don't go around Walmart taking out people's knees, but when a player purposely brings personal off-ice stuff to the ice, it shows another part of their character that isn't simply erased because they do something good.

A lot of bad people do stuff for the community, but it doesn't make them good people. Ted Bundy was suicide councilor, and apparently a good one. Even Hitler saw beauty in the sunset (that's right, Godwinned!).
Old 07-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #137
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate guys who are cheapshot artists(Marchment, Samuelsson, etc). I hate when Canucks players do stupid stuff that Burrows has done plenty of times. I was embarrassed as a fan when he "bit and pulled hair". However what players say on the ice in terms of trash talk I could care less about. The player getting trash talked could be making some of the stuff up, who knows. Someone like O'Sullivan is such a baby these days on social media he needs to grow some thick skin.

Anyways don't want to create anymore enemies on here. Burrows was a fan favourite in Van and I hope to see him back here on day in some sort of management role.

Edit:
Sorry and Burrows didn't just do work for the community cuz he was told. He went above and beyond.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #138
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
The player getting trash talked could be making some of the stuff up, who knows. Someone like O'Sullivan is such a baby these days on social media he needs to grow some thick skin.

Oh man, hockey, you were one of the opposing fans that I've always appreciated over the years, I mean that sincerely. This though, is really disheartening.

Especially insinuating that a victim of child abuse who had the courage to come out may be making it up, and that he should grow a thicker skin.

This is really upsetting stuff from you, just awful. You should really think about this and hopefully one day have kinder, more thoughtful words to speak to this. I would hope that it's just blind devotion out of passion for your hockey team that is behind what you're saying and not your actual feelings.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #139
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

In no way am I talking about him growing thicker skin cuz of his child abuse. It's his actions on social media. Anyways I've dug a hole here and shouldn't have brought that up. Apologies to everyone if I went too far, that's not me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #140
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
In no way am I talking about him growing thicker skin cuz of his child abuse. It's his actions on social media. Anyways I've dug a hole here and shouldn't have brought that up. Apologies to everyone if I went too far, that's not me.
You're a good poster, you should repost about this in a week or so (I'm serious, just do it for fun). Just think a little on it and then try again, see what comes out with some time to reflect. I'd be interested.