Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 02:05 PM   #121
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump's war on sanctuary cities continues. Just like everything else this administration has tried so far, I predict this is gonna get very messy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...801e7#comments

Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday threatened to strip some “sanctuary cities” of coveted Justice Department grants for state and local law enforcement, saying those places that did not comply with a particular federal law on immigration would not be eligible for money.
Quote:
This effort to punish cities where local leaders refuse to hand over undocumented immigrants for deportation is the latest effort by the Trump administration to crack down on illegal immigration.

Sessions said the Justice Department will take steps to “claw back any funds awarded to a jurisdiction” that violates federal law. The Justice Department awards more than $4.1 billion in grants to state and local jurisdictions.

Sessions said jurisdictions would not be eligible for grant money if they could not certify compliance with a law against blocking the sharing of information about a person’s immigration status with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #122
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeff Sessions always has that look on his face, like he is smelling his own farts, and enjoying it.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #123
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump's approval rating hits another new low.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...l-hits-new-low

Quote:
According to Gallup’s job approval tracker, only 36 percent of adults polled approve of the job Trump is doing, against 57 percent who disapprove.

The survey was conducted March 24–26.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #124
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

why is it even that high? that's 1/3rd of the polled adults staring a couple of failed Muslim bans, a failed Obamacare reveal, and countless government man hours wasted fighting every kind of fire imaginable, all in the span of 2 months...and saying "yup, this is great, keep up the good work".

it's like there's a CP jihad contingent down there that keeps skewing poll results purely for their own entertainment.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #125
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
why is it even that high? that's 1/3rd of the polled adults staring a couple of failed Muslim bans, a failed Obamacare reveal, and countless government man hours wasted fighting every kind of fire imaginable, all in the span of 2 months...and saying "yup, this is great, keep up the good work".

it's like there's a CP jihad contingent down there that keeps skewing poll results purely for their own entertainment.
I think lots of people define success as Trump disrupting things and pissing off liberals. So they think he is doing great...bunch of dumbasses.

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
The Following User Says Thank You to Fozzie_DeBear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #126
trumpethead
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I agree, I am shocked its even at 36%. I assumed most Trump voters were 'anybody but the Dems/anybody but Hillary' voters first and foremost which explained his initial almost 50% approval rating. But now that we are over 2 months in, I cant honestly understand how 1/3 of Americans would say that he, personally, is doing a good job regardless of their political leaning. I'm sure our "jolly-shucks-can-a-lil-ol'-conservative-post-in-this-thread" will explain it to us though.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #127
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
this might help explain it.

Quote:
Donald Trump voters: We like the president’s lies
Donald Trump supporters in hardscrabble Ohio have finally figured out that he is lying — a lot. The truth is, they don’t care.
https://www.thestar.com/news/insight...ents-lies.html

I hope that wasn't already posted here, I remember reading it somewhere but it wasn't the Star, but that's the only one I could find.

PS, I can recap, Trump supporters are not bright.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #128
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You're just having a hard time wrapping your head around how stubborn, bigoted and easily manipulated a large group of Americans are.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #129
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like the mayors and representatives of most of the sanctuary cities told Sessions to go f--- himself today.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...t-back-n739171

Quote:
Meanwhile, municipal leaders gathered in New York vowed to defy Trump's crackdown as they gathered for a small conference that attracted officials from cities including San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Philadelphia and New York.

"We are going to become this administration's worst nightmare," said New York City council speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito.

Mark-Viverito and others promised to block federal immigration agents from accessing certain private areas on city property, to restrict their access to schools and school records and to offer legal services to immigrants in the country illegally.
Quote:
Mayors across the country put out statements following Sessions comments:

"President Trump's latest threat changes nothing," said New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio. "We will remain a city welcoming of immigrants who have helped make our city the safest big city in the nation. Any attempt to cut NYPD funding for the nation's top terror target will be aggressively fought in court. We won't back down from protecting New Yorkers from terror — or from an overzealous administration fixated on xenophobia and needless division."

"The safety and well-being of our residents is, and will continue to be, my top priority as Mayor of Boston," Boston Mayor Martin Walsh said it a statement. "The threat of cutting federal funding from cities across the country that aim to foster trusting relationships between their law enforcement and the immigrant community is irresponsible and destructive."

"The Attorney General's comments this morning are no different than what was in the Executive Order the president signed weeks ago," said Matt McGrath, a spokesman for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel. "The administration's plan to deny federal funds to cities that are standing up for their values is unconstitutional, and Chicago is proud to stand with 34 cities and counties across the country in asking a federal court to prevent the federal government from illegally withholding federal funds."

"The Justice Department's leadership has once again shown blind allegiance to ideology rather than a sound understanding of public policy," said Syracuse Mayor Stephanie A. Miner. "Cities, like Syracuse, are sanctuary cities because it is in keeping with our history of welcoming immigrants and refugees. It is also a good policy because it enables our law enforcement agencies to build relationships with the community, so those who are victim to or witness crime are able to come forward without fear of retaliation."

She added, "This divisive decision is against our history as cities and as a nation. This is where the Statue of Liberty watches guard in New York Harbor and proudly proclaims the United States accepts the huddled masses yearning to breathe free. We are the nation where Alexander Hamilton started as a clerk and changed our history and where thousands of New Americans are breathing life into Syracuse's neighborhoods and contribute mightily to our local economy. This is not who we are and this is not who we should be."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #130
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
why is it even that high?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/o...-strategy.html

Quote:
Republicans bank on a white male voter base that is shrinking demographically, yet they are making no real effort to broaden their appeal, perhaps counting on voter suppression to make it harder for likely Democratic voters to cast their ballots, and simultaneously throwing red meat to the men they need to turn out to carry them to victory.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #131
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is only a matter of a decade or two before the Republican party crashes and burns. Their support is the angry white male, and those numbers are dying quickly. What is really sad, but doubly troubling for Republicans, is their wives tend to follow their spouse's voting habits, so that support will really fall apart quickly as those boomers continue to die off.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:38 PM   #132
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
You're just having a hard time wrapping your head around how stubborn, bigoted and easily manipulated a large group of Americans are.
I have to think that the (seemingly) large support numbers, albeit the worst in history, are due to the fact that many Americans probably don't really follow along to the political process.

Yes, many are bigoted and easily manipulated, but so many don't vote, don't follow politics, etc.

If you polled people who were actually following along to the daily gong show that is this administration, the support numbers would likely be much lower. But I bet many people are being polled who consider themselves educated or following current events, but aren't, and think he's doing a bang up job. Example, people who say 'he's doing what he said he would do'... might fall into that group. Just people who don't critically think or get all the details on the daily scumbaggery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 10:41 PM   #133
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

House intelligence committee Democrat Schiff calls for Devin Nunes to recuse himself from the Russia investigation

Quote:
The calls are a stunning breakdown for a committee that has traditionally operated in a bipartisan manner.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, both called for Chairman Devin Nunes to recuse himself from the panel's investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

"Speaker Ryan must insist that Chairman Nunes at least recuse himself from the Trump-Russia investigation immediately," Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement. "That leadership is long overdue."

The calls for recusal are a stunning breakdown for a committee that has traditionally operated in a bipartisan manner. Schiff (D-Calif.) was joined Monday in calling for recusal by other Intelligence Committee Democrats, including Reps. Jim Himes of Connecticut, Eric Swalwell of California and Mike Quigley of Illinois — a sign that Nunes has lost the backing of his panel’s minority in running the investigation.

Nunes appeared to brush aside calls for him to recuse himself during an appearance on Fox News "The O'Reilly Factor" on Monday.

"I'm sure that the Democrats do want me to quit because they know that I am quite effective at getting to the bottom of things."

In the Senate, Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Monday that Nunes should lose his chairmanship of the Intelligence Committee.

Schiff's move came after Nunes acknowledged Monday that he was on the White House grounds last week before he claimed to have seen evidence that Trump transition officials were inappropriately monitored by intelligence agencies. Meanwhile, Democrats said they still had not been provided access to the information upon which Nunes based his allegation.

"After much consideration, and in light of the chairman’s admission that he met with his source of information at the White House, I believe that the chairman should recuse himself from any further involvement in the Russia investigation, as well as any involvement in oversight of matters pertaining to any incidental collection of the Trump transition, as he was also a key member of the transition team," Schiff said in a statement. "This is not a recommendation I make lightly, as the chairman and I have worked together well for several years."
https://secure.politico.com/story/20...a-probe-236565
Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #134
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ Which means Democrats demanded that Paul Ryan remove Nunes, and Ryan told them to go #### themselves. I would have played a more aggressive card and taken it to the press and ask why Nunes has not been arrested for interfering in an on-going federal investigation? Push hard for Nunes to be cast as one of those leakers that the Trump admin and ally his sycophants keep crying about. Kill two birds with one stone.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:50 AM   #135
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

In some ways I feel kinda bad for Spicer, everyday its another landmine to try and navigate, set up for him by his lunatic boss (also you'd think Hillary won with how much Trump still thinks about her).

Old 03-28-2017, 07:52 AM   #136
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If that's the best he's got, he is getting very desperate.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #137
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's funny how many people have jobs that entail covering up for this buffoon, and he keeps acting like a mentally challenged 12 year old.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:03 AM   #138
trumpethead
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

theScore MLB‏ @theScoreMLB 8m8 minutes ago
Report: Trump in talks to throw out 1st pitch at Nationals' Opening Day http://thesco.re/2o7c8ng

"Believe me I will throw the greatest first pitch you have ever seen. I have a great fastball, you are really going to like it! Obama's 1st pitches were all disasters!! He was terrible. My 1st pitch will be tremendous!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trumpethead For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 AM   #139
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethead View Post
theScore MLB‏ @theScoreMLB 8m8 minutes ago
Report: Trump in talks to throw out 1st pitch at Nationals' Opening Day http://thesco.re/2o7c8ng

"Believe me I will throw the greatest first pitch you have ever seen. I have a great fastball, you are really going to like it! Obama's 1st pitches were all disasters!! He was terrible. My 1st pitch will be tremendous!"
Only 4% (or so) of the DC area voters were from Trump...I bet he get the **** boo'ed out of him.

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Old 03-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #140
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I guess we know why Nunes canceled the public hearings:

Quote:
Yates’ lawyer then sent a letter Friday to the White House lawyer, McGahn, saying that any claim of privilege “has been waived as a result of the multiple public comments of current senior White House officials describing the January 2017 communications. Nevertheless, I am advising the White House of Ms. Yates’ intention to provide information.’’

That same day, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Devin Nunes, announced he would not go forward with the public hearing that was to feature Yates’ testimony.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.c90e9d0de208
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms