Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #1361
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Probably not, you might want to let it get all the way through all the patches and updates.

sorry I'm not being that helpful

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2015, 05:21 PM   #1362
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Haha you've been more helpful than you think. I appreciate the help.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #1363
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am loving the streamlined storyline and levelling from 1-50. So much nicer and it feels way less "grind-y" than it has in the past. Nice to see a lot of those little pointless quests taken away, and more xp awarded for the main/important/interesting quests.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #1364
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

If you are having any issues with stuttering or fps drops I suggest setting the game to run in compatibility mode for Windows xp service pack 3, assuming your running Windows 7-10

I have a pretty beastly computer but this game goes through massive ups and downs in terms of optimization.

I played the crap out of this game up till about Prelude to Revan, and hopped back in during 12x do to finish off some class stories pub side.

If anyone is on Jedi covenant and looking to run some group content myself my brother and some other local Calgary and area guys are on pretty consistently and actually know how to pve and pvp ... Unlike the rush of free level 60's now

Main is Malakye on imp side.
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #1365
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Star Wars: The Old Republic

Haha got it going finally. Had to change a bunch of client settings.

Last edited by Trailer Fire; 11-14-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Trailer Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trailer Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2015, 02:22 AM   #1366
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't feel like this was "thread worthy" and didn't know where else to put it, but anyone else pick up Battlefront today? I think it's great and it's a nice way to break up the insane amounts of Fallout 4 I've been playing. It's not the most advanced FPS (or third person if you prefer) out there, but they captured the Star Wars vibe almost perfectly. Way better than the garbage Call of Duty has become. Looks great and runs really well too (I'm on PS4).
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 AM   #1367
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Didn't feel like this was "thread worthy" and didn't know where else to put it, but anyone else pick up Battlefront today? I think it's great and it's a nice way to break up the insane amounts of Fallout 4 I've been playing. It's not the most advanced FPS (or third person if you prefer) out there, but they captured the Star Wars vibe almost perfectly. Way better than the garbage Call of Duty has become. Looks great and runs really well too (I'm on PS4).
Not a ton of depth to the game, but it looks beautiful and my son loves it and is better than me already. He's 8. I'm not sure if he's good or I'm bad, I've never been much of a shooter, first or third person, gamer, sports, sports and more sports for me. It was fun playing something with my son that we are more or less equals at (I destroy him at sports games, <end cool dad story>) that isn't Lego. Not bashing Lego games as they are well done, but just a nice break.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #1368
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm a big battlefront fan, but frankly I've skipped this one because there's no solo campaign or story campaign to it, so I don't think it would keep my interest.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:12 PM   #1369
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I would agree that the lack of a campaign/story mode was a big turn off for me but I'm really enjoying the multiplayer. Like CoD I almost never played the campaign and just stuck to online so I'm really enjoying it.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #1370
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I just hit Chapter 8 with my agent tonight, I'll probably finish off chapter 9 tonight and then wait for chapter 10.

The story in my mind is exceptionally good. Up until this point I had been up armoring all of my characters, people were complaining about the planet scaling, but it really doesn't make a difference, you can still solo heroics on most of the worlds.

The villains are very good though

Spoiler!

Old 12-01-2015, 05:32 AM   #1371
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

One does not simply "finish off" chapter 9...... or as I call it "the time sink chapter" but I recommend holding onto about 25 or so supply crates from the heroics, if you have them handy it makes life a little better.
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #1372
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
One does not simply "finish off" chapter 9...... or as I call it "the time sink chapter" but I recommend holding onto about 25 or so supply crates from the heroics, if you have them handy it makes life a little better.

Yeah, I'm seeing that as I got my ship back. I had done a bunch of the heroics before I started chapter one because each heroic gives 2 of the medium value cystals, but I did cash them in and used the companion gifts to bump Lana up to about a 30 influence.

I have two quests, one to get a scientist for the Hutt doctor (who I think is a companion from the republic trooper story. The other is to explore a star fortress.

I expect that I'll take my other tunes through the story as well to keep them up to date.

Spoiler!

Old 12-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #1373
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Looks like there are some new subscriber awards leading up to Chapter X which will be released in February.

Subscribers will get an HK-55 companion.

If you are a subscriber between Jan 11 and Aug 1 you get a bonus campaign that you can play as HK-55

Old 12-07-2015, 09:50 AM   #1374
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

so I'm going through the grind of building my alliances. The only two that are annoying to me is the requirement for playing 20 PVP arenas for Pierce and having to do the Ragkul tunnels for Lokin. But I got all of the other ones.

I've been doing a lot of the planetary weeklies to build up my alliances and to strengthen my companions. I have Lana at about level 25.

I've started the first Star Fortress Mission on Nar Shaddae, I blew up the bunker, and tonight I'm going to destroy the Star Fortress, it looks like a heroic 2 and from what I've heard they're not easy missions.

Really enjoying this add on though there's lots of content to play through.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:50 AM   #1375
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
Now I get what you mean, sage advice.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #1376
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So just an update. I'm not a pvp player at all, but I'm building up my alliance, and building up my armor and healing companions to start taking out star fortresses. I tried the heroic at Nar Shadda and got my butt kicked by the Pretorian. So I'm going to get all my armor to 216 and 220, and get Lana to a 50 influence for fast healing.

But to recruit Pierce you need to do 20 PVP arenas. I haven't done PVP arenas in two years, because frankly I'm not great at it.

But I ran 4 unranked warzones today, and it was a blast, we won two and lost two and they were absolute wars. One with the turrets probably had about 12 guys on each side just ripping into each other and it was incredibly close in the end.

I also got to run one of the new ones with two power pylons on each side, and it was pretty intense.

In one war zone I ripped off about 23 kills and died 11 times horribly.

The only thing that's too bad is my operative has very little in the way of stuns.

But I had so much fun that this should be easy to get through.

The Rakghoul event starts tomorrow so I should be able to finish getting Doctor Lokin as well.

Really enjoying the grind right now.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #1377
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think I tired myself out a bit building the Sana/Beywa/Hylo/Hutt dude alliances to 20 with the supply crates, the Heroic 2's are easy to solo, but man you need a lot of crates to get them all to 20. I've never PVPd so I may skip Pierce completely, haven't done any World Boss trips either to get Qysen. I've got Lana at 50, spent 3.4M on a stack of 99 gifts, so it didn't take long =)
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #1378
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
I think I tired myself out a bit building the Sana/Beywa/Hylo/Hutt dude alliances to 20 with the supply crates, the Heroic 2's are easy to solo, but man you need a lot of crates to get them all to 20. I've never PVPd so I may skip Pierce completely, haven't done any World Boss trips either to get Qysen. I've got Lana at 50, spent 3.4M on a stack of 99 gifts, so it didn't take long =)
Are you talking the heroic 2 Star Fortresses, because even with Lana as a 41 healer, and my armor all at 216, I'm getting torn to pieces by the Praetorian.

All of the other heroic grinds are pretty easy now.

You don't need to do the heroic bosses to get Qysen or however you spell his name. I did the hunting trip on Hoth where you hunt down I think 20 champion monsters, they're pretty easy to find and kill once you find the right hunting area.

Once I armored up it was pretty easy to get my companions to easy levels. The lower level crystal rewards can buy you level 6 blue companion gifts, since you won't need them to buy armor anymore.

You can also use those cystals to buy crates.

Once I got into the PVP stuff to get Pierce, I did enjoy it and it only took me 4 days of doing it pretty casually. especially if you get dumped in a arena with a good team, they usually don't take long to complete.

the only exception was huttball which I didn't really enjoy.

But there's one 4 on 4 arena that's basically a best 2 out of three death match that takes about 5 minutes to do.

If you are on a winning team it counts as two warzones. I also took advantage of doing daily and weekly pvp and was a able to buy some pretty good PVP armor with high expertise which helped.

I'm going to grind for a while yet, do some end game content and try to get 220 level armor and then try the Star Fortress heroics 2+ again when I have Lana as a 50 influence healer, or Koth who has range.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #1379
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Are you talking the heroic 2 Star Fortresses, because even with Lana as a 41 healer, and my armor all at 216, I'm getting torn to pieces by the Praetorian.

All of the other heroic grinds are pretty easy now.

You don't need to do the heroic bosses to get Qysen or however you spell his name. I did the hunting trip on Hoth where you hunt down I think 20 champion monsters, they're pretty easy to find and kill once you find the right hunting area.
The heroic Star Fortress is brutal to solo from what I've heard, I was talking about the planetary ones that you can instantly transport to from the terminals on Odessan and Fleet. Thanks for the heads up on...let's call him Bossk . I thought World Boss hunting was the only way to get him, I guess I'll try doing some hunting on Hoth over Christmas!

Forgot to mention the Rakghoul event is borked, so you can't get Lokin until January. I think it's become apparent that SWTOR can't run two events at the same time, since Life Day is running right now.

Last edited by Luder; 12-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #1380
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
The heroic Star Fortress is brutal to solo from what I've heard, I was talking about the planetary ones that you can instantly transport to from the terminals on Odessan and Fleet. Thanks for the heads up on...let's call him Bossk . I thought World Boss hunting was the only way to get him, I guess I'll try doing some hunting on Hoth over Christmas!

Forgot to mention the Rakghoul event is borked, so you can't get Lokin until January. I think it's become apparent that SWTOR can't run two events at the same time, since Life Day is running right now.
Yeah, if you go to the SWTOR forum the players are all pretty put out by the Rakghoul event not working because it blocks you from getting Lokin.

For the Star Fortress, I have time because of the time to the next story line. I'm going to build up my armor some more, and get my healers to 50.

On the heroics, there are two that can't really be done.

The one on Makeb because you need two people to turn off the poison gass. And the Voss weekly is bugged, but doesn't give rewards.

I went to try Galactic Starfighter for the first time. I sat in the queue for about an hour and gave up. I figure that nobody is playing it which is too bad.