Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2024, 04:28 PM   #13441
Tuco
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
over 5 dollars for a dozen eggs at superstore. 8 dollars for a case of 12 dr pepper. 9 dollars for a sack of potatoes.

every day i wonder why we arent just agreeing to pick up pitch forks and executing a billionaire ceo every month until #### improves

GET HIM!!
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 05:17 PM   #13442
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I did it for me.
I do petty things like that all the time. I once started an airmiles account with the name Jackoff Johnson to see if it worked. When the card arrived my wife was not pleased.

DoorDash screwed something up so I made an account with the first name Fata (but the real f word). Hey Fata, your order is on the way.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2024, 06:00 PM   #13443
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I wonder at the posters in Calgary who think that groceries are cheap here. What whiteout said isn't too far off alberta pricing. I'm guessing that either, said posters are richer than the average bear and don't care to notice, or someone else in the household does the shopping.

I buy my eggs and pop at Costco. What’s a “sack” of potatoes? I dunno. It’s easy to shop around, it’s not like he lives on an island with no options.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 07:07 PM   #13444
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Like everything else in life, big business is taking over and increasing margins for financial performance gains. Loblaws stock is at an all time high and their growth projections are huge. Since more and more people are concentrating more of their shopping to a handful of businesses, a lot of places are boosting margins. End of story..

It actually doesn't hurt to look around smaller shops and compare. A butcher, a seafood specialty store, ethnic specialty stores and more. Heck, even some of the more expensive "yuppy" style markets have some really good deals on better products.

Sometimes the better play for grocery shopping is to bulk buy a lot of the same branded items at the discount or lower priced chain stores and then buy higher quality meat/fish/produce where it's better.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:27 AM   #13445
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
My finger is so sore from going through hundreds of posts from somebody I was beefing with on Reddit and downvoting everything they've said for months. Got caught in a trance and then realized my finger was gibbled.
This is just silly, a quick google search for "reddit downvote user script" and you have all the power you need. Sadly it won't help you with your emotional issues causing you to want to do this in the first place but one step at a time.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:32 AM   #13446
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
This is just silly, a quick google search for "reddit downvote user script" and you have all the power you need. Sadly it won't help you with your emotional issues causing you to want to do this in the first place but one step at a time.
It's the most reddit thing ever to have power-nerd-optimized an absurdly petty online revenge plan.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 09:55 AM   #13447
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
If your hands are getting bigger and heavier, I would blame the chocolate bars.
Or not wearing gloves when applying 'enhancement' cream.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 05:19 PM   #13448
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Am I the only one that has a tough time following threads in FOI recently? I click on the thread and read for 3 pages and all the posts are about a totally different topic and the first 200 posts of the thread are about different tweets and rumours that aren’t even relevant anymore. So I end up just skipping to the last post. But then I’m behind on the topic because a bunch of news has been posted since the thread was created. Does that make sense? Because I’ve got no idea what’s going on.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:37 PM   #13449
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neither do the so-called insiderrrrrs.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:45 PM   #13450
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Am I the only one that has a tough time following threads in FOI recently? I click on the thread and read for 3 pages and all the posts are about a totally different topic and the first 200 posts of the thread are about different tweets and rumours that aren’t even relevant anymore. So I end up just skipping to the last post. But then I’m behind on the topic because a bunch of news has been posted since the thread was created. Does that make sense? Because I’ve got no idea what’s going on.
Yeah it's been a bit of a mess recently. I imagine things will calm down after the deadline.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:51 PM   #13451
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Apparently “I” got rid of a rather nice sport coat sometime without remembering that.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:11 PM   #13452
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Apparently “I” got rid of a rather nice sport coat sometime without remembering that.
Was that the one with the patches?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 10:22 PM   #13453
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
All you need to know is that Jankowski isn’t going to be a 1st line centre, why can’t you just accept that and move on?!
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 06:55 AM   #13454
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hate flying more and more, the more I have to do it. I flew Porter to YVR and back and Porter itself was great. Far better to AC (which of course isn't hard) and far more comfortable for a bigger guy too.

But the people...
the old lady who had to stop the flight attendants every time they walked buy to tell a story. lady, you're in row 2, they have a bunch of more rows to get to just shut up.
The guy coughing and sniffling and blowing his nose the whole flight
The people watching videos without headphones and then laughing irritatingly every 30 seconds for like half an hour straight
The people who get up to go the washroom even though the light inidicating that it is in use is lit, and then looking surprised that someone is in there
The guy needing to flirt with the lead attendant

I am all for get on the plane and they knock everyone out with gas
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2024, 08:22 AM   #13455
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
I hate flying more and more, the more I have to do it. I flew Porter to YVR and back and Porter itself was great. Far better to AC (which of course isn't hard) and far more comfortable for a bigger guy too.

But the people...
the old lady who had to stop the flight attendants every time they walked buy to tell a story. lady, you're in row 2, they have a bunch of more rows to get to just shut up.
The people watching videos without headphones and then laughing irritatingly every 30 seconds for like half an hour straight
The people who get up to go the washroom even though the light inidicating that it is in use is lit, and then looking surprised that someone is in there

"Sedation Air Travel?"

Damn man. Start a movement and generate some pamphlets and literature. I'd be all over that.

"This is how your seatbelt works...does this rag smell like chloroform to you? Welcome to Paris!"

Sweet. I like it!

Sit down. Wake up and you're there.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2024, 08:24 AM   #13456
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Easy enough, they just don't pressurize the cabin as much over 10 000 feet. Hit that sweet spot between sleep and 180 dead.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:40 AM   #13457
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Easy enough, they just don't pressurize the cabin as much over 10 000 feet. Hit that sweet spot between sleep and 180 dead.
I can see it now...

"Hey Betty! Congratulations on your first day, here's your vest and your name-tag now stand over there, you're in charge of the oxygen/chemical mix.

Good luck!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:46 AM   #13458
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I knew a pilot who flew charters to the mines for shift change. The client paid for alcohol service, so the passengers coming from a shift in a dry camp sometimes got a little rowdy. He said if things got out of hand he'd dial the cabin pressure down and everyone would fall asleep.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:14 AM   #13459
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I knew a pilot who flew charters to the mines for shift change. The client paid for alcohol service, so the passengers coming from a shift in a dry camp sometimes got a little rowdy. He said if things got out of hand he'd dial the cabin pressure down and everyone would fall asleep.

Wouldn't he fall asleep too?
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:53 AM   #13460
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post

But the people...

Little know aviation law

you can legal punch those people in the face once you reach cruising altitude

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: