Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2023, 12:31 PM   #1321
Knut

Exp:

https://twitter.com/implicateflow/st...968163842?s=20

https://twitter.com/user/status/1664626251968163842

Now this is an interesting thread. Human Tech likely responsible for the Metallic Orbs out there.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:11 PM   #1322
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

NASA Learns the Ugly Truth About UFOs

Quote:
At a meeting in NASA headquarters yesterday, the public had some blunt questions about UFOs, or, as the government now calls them, “unexplained anomalous phenomena.” A NASA spokesperson summarized them aloud: “What is NASA hiding, and where are you hiding it? How much has been shared publicly? Has NASA ever cut the live NASA TV feed away from something? Has NASA released all UAP evidence it has ever received? What about NASA astronauts—do they have an NDA or clearance that does not allow them to speak about UAP sightings? What are the science overlords hiding?” In short: Are you guys lying to everyone?
Quote:
But in doing this work, NASA has discovered a different truth: Talking about UFOs can be a nasty business. If you publicly investigate, contemplate, or even breathe about UFOs, you will probably be harassed on the internet. Several of the panelists “have been subjected to online abuse due to their decision to participate on this panel,” Dan Evans, the NASA official assigned to the committee, said at the outset of the meeting. “A NASA security team is actively addressing this issue.’ (Evans later told me that there were “specific attacks on the character of individuals.”) And then there are the accusatory questions and distrust from the public. The agency has finally opened the doors to serious discussions about UFOs, and what it’s gotten instead is seriously toxic.
Quote:
NASA has historically steered clear of anything involving UFOs, leaving the matter up to other federal agencies, which operated clandestine UFO programs for military and national-security purposes. The world’s top space agency was more concerned with searching for alien life far beyond Earth’s atmosphere—around planets orbiting other stars, for example—than weird things in our own sky. But UFOs have been popping up in the news quite a bit in recent years, thanks to newspaper reports on those secret government programs and the resulting congressional hearings. But last year, NASA’s administrator, Bill Nelson, seemed to succumb to the pull of UFOs and directed the agency to form a panel of experts.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...eories/674259/
Old 06-04-2023, 12:45 AM   #1323
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

The real ugly truth about UFOs

Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 08:38 AM   #1324
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Whether you think it's a looney topic or not, today there was some forward momentum made published in The Debrief this morning.

Leslie Kean and Ralph Blumenthal, the same journalists that wrote and published the 2017 article "Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program" in the New York Times and kicked off the current frenzy around the UFO/UAP topic, have published their follow-up article (six years later) that investigated statements made to Congress and the Intel Community Inspector General about recovered vehicles and "non-human intelligence".

It appears this article may have been scheduled to be posted in the Washington Post last week but they cancelled last minute for unknown reasons.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1665690400152068096

Quote:
The whistleblower, David Charles Grusch, 36, a decorated former combat officer in Afghanistan, is a veteran of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). He served as the reconnaissance office’s representative to the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force from 2019-2021. From late 2021 to July 2022, he was the NGA’s co-lead for UAP analysis and its representative to the task force.

The task force was established to investigate what were once called “unidentified flying objects,” or UFOs, and are now officially called “unidentified anomalous phenomena,” or UAP. The task force was led by the Department of the Navy under the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security. It has since been reorganized and expanded into the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office to include investigations of objects operating underwater.

Grusch said the recoveries of partial fragments through and up to intact vehicles have been made for decades through the present day by the government, its allies, and defense contractors. Analysis has determined that the objects retrieved are “of exotic origin (non-human intelligence, whether extraterrestrial or unknown origin) based on the vehicle morphologies and material science testing and the possession of unique atomic arrangements and radiological signatures,” he said.

In filing his complaint, Grusch is represented by a lawyer who served as the original Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG).

“We are not talking about prosaic origins or identities,” Grusch said, referencing information he provided Congress and the current ICIG. “The material includes intact and partially intact vehicles.”

Last edited by Ozy_Flame; 06-05-2023 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 08:48 AM   #1325
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Grusch said the recoveries of partial fragments through and up to intact vehicles have been made for decades through the present day by the government, its allies, and defense contractors. Analysis has determined that the objects retrieved are “of exotic origin (non-human intelligence, whether extraterrestrial or unknown origin) based on the vehicle morphologies and material science testing and the possession of unique atomic arrangements and radiological signatures,” he said.

This is where these things all fall apart for me. Far too many people keeping far too big of secrets. Either there is a really small number of people involved, or this guy is telling tales.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 08:56 AM   #1326
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uploaded only an hour ago, a discussion video on the upcoming David Grusch interview. Some fun listening on this Monday morning!

Quote:
The "assignment" that Ross Coulthart has been on involves his exclusive on-air interview of government UAP whistleblower David Grusch. That will be public very soon, carried by the News Nation channel and its various outlets.

This "Need to Know" episode is Ross and Bryce providing their behind-the-scenes thoughts about the importance of the Grusch testimony. They have released this to react to the publication of the article by Leslie Kean and Ralph Blumenthal.

The interview between Ross Coulthart and David Grusch was recorded on May 8 and May 9 in Los Angeles. It will be out in next days.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 12:24 PM   #1327
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

This should be the most groundbreaking piece of news in this field since the 2017 New York Times article.

Sadly, I feel like this will be like the movie "Don't Look Up" and nobody is going to care.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 12:50 PM   #1328
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
This should be the most groundbreaking piece of news in this field since the 2017 New York Times article.

Sadly, I feel like this will be like the movie "Don't Look Up" and nobody is going to care.
The general population have been so desensitized and jaded to the topics of 'little green men' that they will continue to be complacent and not interested until something is physically rolled out in front of them on the six o'clock news.

I don't blame them. The level of trust with government seems to be at an all-time low anyways.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:23 PM   #1329
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
The general population have been so desensitized and jaded to the topics of 'little green men' that they will continue to be complacent and not interested until something is physically rolled out in front of them on the six o'clock news.

I don't blame them. The level of trust with government seems to be at an all-time low anyways.
Mistrust in the government, mistrust in the media, and mistrust in the motivations for people that are whistleblowing.

I have to wonder why NewsNation in the one that has the exclusive on this story. I wouldn't say that they are not a legitimate media outlet, but they definitely don't have the audience that others have, and it is no secret that they have been struggling. Right now, it is just them and a handful of tabloids picking up this story, which doesn't help the perception. It will be interesting to see if after the full exclusive interview is released, if other more notable media sources start looking into it more.

I'm pretty skeptical, but I would really love it if extraterrestrial contact is proven in my my lifetime. As much as I doubt it will happen, I can't help but get a little excited when stories like this come out just to imagine the possibility.
Old 06-05-2023, 04:29 PM   #1330
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesaddiction View Post
mistrust in the government, mistrust in the media, and mistrust in the motivations for people that are whistleblowing.

I have to wonder why newsnation in the one that has the exclusive on this story. I wouldn't say that they are not a legitimate media outlet, but they definitely don't have the audience that others have, and it is no secret that they have been struggling. Right now, it is just them and a handful of tabloids picking up this story, which doesn't help the perception. It will be interesting to see if after the full exclusive interview is released, if other more notable media sources start looking into it more.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1665809626200264705
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 06:44 PM   #1331
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post

Isn’t that the correct level of proof required for something as significant as alien life.

For example look at how NASA is going about trying to detect if bacteria existed on mars and how meticulous, peer reviewed and public the information is.

That is the standard required for UAPs to be taken seriously.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 08:42 PM   #1332
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Mistrust in the government, mistrust in the media, and mistrust in the motivations for people that are whistleblowing.

I have to wonder why NewsNation in the one that has the exclusive on this story. I wouldn't say that they are not a legitimate media outlet, but they definitely don't have the audience that others have, and it is no secret that they have been struggling. Right now, it is just them and a handful of tabloids picking up this story, which doesn't help the perception. It will be interesting to see if after the full exclusive interview is released, if other more notable media sources start looking into it more.

I'm pretty skeptical, but I would really love it if extraterrestrial contact is proven in my my lifetime. As much as I doubt it will happen, I can't help but get a little excited when stories like this come out just to imagine the possibility.
I have to wonder why it’s always an author of UFO books passing themselves off as investigated journalists that get these interviews, why not a real journalist from a mainstream news channel? Surely they would love the biggest story in history.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2023, 11:50 PM   #1333
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I have to wonder why it’s always an author of UFO books passing themselves off as investigated journalists that get these interviews, why not a real journalist from a mainstream news channel? Surely they would love the biggest story in history.
Is Coulthart passing himself off as an investigative journalist or have others done so?
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 12:47 AM   #1334
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I guess the invasion has started.

Old 06-08-2023, 01:06 AM   #1335
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazingly there's a family in Vegas that use cell phones as just a phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 01:09 AM   #1336
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Amazingly there's a family in Vegas that use cell phones as just a phone
Yeah, lol. That is the most unbelievable part of the story. If aliens did land, I expect the news to break on Tik Tok first.
Old 06-08-2023, 02:32 AM   #1337
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Yeah, lol. That is the most unbelievable part of the story. If aliens did land, I expect the news to break on Tik Tok first.
The other unbelievable part is the cops don't show recordings in back yards for "privacy" concerns
Old 06-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #1338
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
This tweet reads like "The Washington Post was conducting due diligence on our story before publishing, so we decided to go with a media that would not do it's due diligence and instead just publish quickly"
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:06 AM   #1339
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
This tweet reads like "The Washington Post was conducting due diligence on our story before publishing, so we decided to go with a media that would not do it's due diligence and instead just publish quickly"
You can read more about the publication process of this particular story in this Vanity Fair article from today:

Why The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Politico Didn’t Publish a Seemingly Bombshell Report About UFOs

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023...o-report-media
Old 06-08-2023, 11:48 PM   #1340
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh, the Nevada alien story got a little more interesting not that more details were released. There is actually audio of something crashing and apparently there might be video that is being withheld. Still skeptical, but definitely a weird story.

I actually saw a green fire ball like that once in Falcon Lake Manitoba. I assumed it was a meteor (probably was). It looked exactly like this.