Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2011, 12:50 AM   #1261
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

Looking forward to the last two episodes of the season.
Things I expect to see:

Another big twist/reveal;
A few supporting characters die (I'm looking at you Jamie);
A main character die (Angel or Quinn, maybe Deb);
A crazy cliffhanger to end the season;
A supervillain established for the next season (Nerd intern or Matthews).
Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #1262
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
So the writers went to wuss out and made Gellers character in Travis's mind. Ok is that it. Lame but how do the writeres explain that Dexter saw Geller walking accross the Campus when Dexter was with Travis.

Dexter also say imaginary Geller upstairs in the church while Dexter was with Travis and outside running away while Travis was still locked up downstairs. 3 seperate times all while with Travis.

Now this loser married couple. Been a fan since season 1 but this storyline is all over the map. The continuity blows this season.

Travis character is not terrifying at all either just a weird nerd. Not like past seasons where the main villians were manacing. He is just lame.
Actually the you should be praising the writers for completely fooling you. watch the episodes again you'll see that Dexter never did see Geller...ever!
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #1263
vilzeh
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow, intense! Can't wait for the finale!
vilzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #1264
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Terribly disappointing season. Just so bad in almost every way. But I'm intrigued by the promise of incest.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #1265
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Id say the season isn't the best but it isn't close to terrible.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #1266
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

ya, i'd put it as an above average season.

the 1st and 2nd seasons were downright amazing, but the season with the judge (3rd i think) was easily the worst of the lot.

How many episodes are left this season?

*STOP READING IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE*

wtf is with the debra/dexter relations angle. pretty akward and uncomfortable to watch. Not a fan of that angle at all.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #1267
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
ya, i'd put it as an above average season.

the 1st and 2nd seasons were downright amazing, but the season with the judge (3rd i think) was easily the worst of the lot.

How many episodes are left this season?

*STOP READING IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE*

wtf is with the debra/dexter relations angle. pretty akward and uncomfortable to watch. Not a fan of that angle at all.

One left for this season I believe.

Spoiler!
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lithium For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #1268
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
One left for this season I believe.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #1269
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

While I wasn't initially impressed with Colin Hanks' character, I feel like each episode he's turning into a better villain. He's gotten much better as the season has progressed. Like how his dark passenger is out in full force now
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #1270
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pedro View Post
While I wasn't initially impressed with Colin Hanks' character, I feel like each episode he's turning into a better villain. He's gotten much better as the season has progressed. Like how his dark passenger is out in full force now
He is really talented, his short cop show "Good Guys" was some of the best drama/comedy on TV. Sadly it was cancelled after 1.5 seasons I think.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #1271
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Besides the Deb/Morgan crap I think it was a good episode. The finale looks good...I would still take this season over last season.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #1272
Kipperriffic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This comment is regarding the last two seasons (5 and 6), and not the last episode...
...well it pains me to say that this show, along with Lost, is now also in the list of "How Not To Write a TV Show"...

This is what happens when the main creator and producer (Clyde Phillips) leaves a show. Should have stuck with it till the end and maybe then we wouldn't have gotten these two horribly written seasons.
Kipperriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #1273
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting more and more turned off by this show and I was a HUGE fan between 1-4. But this past season has almost been laughable at times IMO. Dexter walkiing away with dizziness and a nose bleed was just brutal. Colin Hanks is not convincing as a bad guy. I do think the Lewis the intern angle could be interesting though.

Can't wait for this DDK crap to end though. I think a better casting choice might have saved some of this season. They missed the mark with Hanks. Maybe it was a bad first impression, but I haven't been able to get into any of the scenes that he's be in. Just awkward and not convincing. 3/10 performance.

I'm looking forward to the finale, if only to see the end of Colin Hanks on what used to be one of my favorite shows. But if they tease us with something big in regards to the Ice Truck hand, I'll be counting down the days till the season 7 premiere.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #1274
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
So the writers went to wuss out and made Gellers character in Travis's mind. Ok is that it. Lame but how do the writeres explain that Dexter saw Geller walking accross the Campus when Dexter was with Travis.

Dexter also say imaginary Geller upstairs in the church while Dexter was with Travis and outside running away while Travis was still locked up downstairs. 3 seperate times all while with Travis.

Now this loser married couple. Been a fan since season 1 but this storyline is all over the map. The continuity blows this season.

Travis character is not terrifying at all either just a weird nerd. Not like past seasons where the main villians were manacing. He is just lame.
Dexter never saw Gellar.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #1275
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well the way I see it:

Spoiler!

Book it!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #1276
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedTheCorner View Post
Dexter never saw Gellar.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...postcount=1262
Old 12-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #1277
Crazy Bacon Legs
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Before watching this last episode, I was just saying to my wife and sister that there was not nearly enough incest on TV.

She totally agreed with me.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #1278
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bacon Legs View Post
Before watching this last episode, I was just saying to my wife and sister that there was not nearly enough incest on TV.

She totally agreed with me.
Sunday night is incest night with Boardwalk and Dexter.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #1279
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipperriffic View Post
This comment is regarding the last two seasons (5 and 6), and not the last episode...
...well it pains me to say that this show, along with Lost, is now also in the list of "How Not To Write a TV Show"...

This is what happens when the main creator and producer (Clyde Phillips) leaves a show. Should have stuck with it till the end and maybe then we wouldn't have gotten these two horribly written seasons.
Season 5:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Old 12-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #1280
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate, and I mean HATE the Debra/Dexter story. It's such a cheap vehicle for an otherwise solid show to use. Seriously, I'm just sick of Debra in general. She and LaGuerta the cow can screw off.

Obviously I don't know how this season will end, but I think either way the next one needs something totally fresh. Maybe make that other detective a more prominent character (Mike? Can't remember his name because they haven't given him anything important to do or say. Anyways, the black guy.)

This season didn't do it for me at all. I don't mind Hanks overall but like VFF said, I don't think he worked all that well in the role he was given to play; it wasn't really believable from the get go, although he has become more sinister lately. In the vein of relatives of more famous actors, I think Casey Affleck is a much better actor. I'd kill for him to be on the show.