Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #1261
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
Our family is in need of some battery packs. What is everyone using? Any suggestions?
Absolutely Amazon.
We bought Aukey mini 5000 mAh lipstick sized ones. Great balance of size vs output, imo. $17

I have the 20,000 mAh from work, but find it is like carrying a brick.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #1262
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to visit the In-laws today, and they seem to live right near an Eevee nest. Finished off collecting all 3 evolves with a 1286 Vaporeon.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #1263
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Get a Dragonite spawning near my place, get there, run out of Pokeballs and didn't hit him once.... But apparently he respwans in like an hour to two hours according to the 6-8 regular hunters so I may get another shot. Now to hit all of the pokestops nearby and stock up on Pokeballs
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #1264
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Get a Dragonite spawning near my place, get there, run out of Pokeballs and didn't hit him once.... But apparently he respwans in like an hour to two hours according to the 6-8 regular hunters so I may get another shot. Now to hit all of the pokestops nearby and stock up on Pokeballs
Big beasts like that are so far away that they are a real challenge to throw the ball far enough. My tendency was to try to throw fast, assuming would be far. Better is a slower, longer swipe for max distance. Surprisingly, it seems much easier to throw far on iPhone, for some reason.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #1265
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Practice on those Zubats!

I've heard that turning AR on and moving so the pokemon is at the bottom of the screen makes it easier for those rares.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:33 PM   #1266
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Where is the best place to catch eevees? I cant get enough ive only evolved one so far been playing for months
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #1267
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Where is the best place to catch eevees? I cant get enough ive only evolved one so far been playing for months
Any where in country hills. They spawn like crazy up here.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #1268
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My top 12:

Dragonite 2227
Dragonite 2052
Dragonite 1985
Vaporeon 1967
Nidoking 1935
Vaporeon 1877
Vaporeon 1805
Slowbro 1800
Exeggutor 1641
Dragonite 1587
Clefable 1563
Hypno 1552

Still working on getting a high Lapras (highest: 1463) and a Snorlax (I have 5 and all under 800 CP)

I don't really play to level up anymore. I'm playing to catch the rare Pokemon and have fun taking gyms out.

Pokedex at 120
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #1269
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Living and working in the far SE of Calgary, and then going downtown is like moving from a small hamlet to a metropolitan mega city. Ridiculous how many more stops, gyms and Pokemon there are everywhere.
LGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #1270
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBurkeWeTrust View Post
My top 12:

Dragonite 2227
Dragonite 2052
Dragonite 1985
Vaporeon 1967
Nidoking 1935
Vaporeon 1877
Vaporeon 1805
Slowbro 1800
Exeggutor 1641
Dragonite 1587
Clefable 1563
Hypno 1552

Still working on getting a high Lapras (highest: 1463) and a Snorlax (I have 5 and all under 800 CP)

I don't really play to level up anymore. I'm playing to catch the rare Pokemon and have fun taking gyms out.

Pokedex at 120
Where did you find your dragonites and snorlax?

Tons of rares today at PiP, including lapras, aerodactyl, and gyarados.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #1271
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Where did you find your dragonites and snorlax?

Tons of rares today at PiP, including lapras, aerodactyl, and gyarados.
Work in downtown and have fun running them down on the weekdays. I don't play on the weekend because the wife doesn't play lol
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:30 AM   #1272
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have a Pokemon Go etiquette question. I was out with my son this weekend and on 2 consecutive occasions he took down an opposing team gym and just as the gym went neutral and he was putting his Pokemon in the gym, some asshat from another team jacked the gym. I realize it must be an option in the game, but it seems like a real dick head move to me. The one time it was 3 full grown adults that cruised up in their vehicle at the last second. Explaining asshatery like that to a 12 year-old is a little challenging, it's one of those things that is within the rules, but, really? Let the kid take the gym and move on satisfied. Take it back from him in battle. I wondered about some of those fist fights at gym stories, but I think I know how they happen now. Thoughts on the practice?
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #1273
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
I have a Pokemon Go etiquette question. I was out with my son this weekend and on 2 consecutive occasions he took down an opposing team gym and just as the gym went neutral and he was putting his Pokemon in the gym, some asshat from another team jacked the gym. I realize it must be an option in the game, but it seems like a real dick head move to me. The one time it was 3 full grown adults that cruised up in their vehicle at the last second. Explaining asshatery like that to a 12 year-old is a little challenging, it's one of those things that is within the rules, but, really? Let the kid take the gym and move on satisfied. Take it back from him in battle. I wondered about some of those fist fights at gym stories, but I think I know how they happen now. Thoughts on the practice?
It will happen all the time until they fix it. I agree, it is an asshat move.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #1274
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We encountered an interesting bot too. A gym he had taken down was suddenly under attack. A survey of the area found nobody in sight. After the gym fell, we looked to take it back and found it to be a level 10 gym with only the one Pokemon in it. We took it back and reported the trainer. Niantic must be dealing wth a lot of cheats.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #1275
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
We encountered an interesting bot too. A gym he had taken down was suddenly under attack. A survey of the area found nobody in sight. After the gym fell, we looked to take it back and found it to be a level 10 gym with only the one Pokemon in it. We took it back and reported the trainer. Niantic must be dealing wth a lot of cheats.
They are actively banning people though, The account I made and used a bot on was banned as I had expected. The other test account that I only used the Android emulator was not though so people are still playing from their homes with GPS spoofing
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #1276
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

I created a bot test account for only two reasons... Just because it's interesting to see how it works, and to see if it could catch all the region specific Pokémon.
I ran it around Central Park NY for 30 minutes and collected several several Tauros.
Since then have spent a few sessions in various famous places in London, Barcelona, Paris and Berlin with no Mr. Mime to be seen.
In regard to bans, I did get soft banned for a short time when I jumped 19km in one step, but the bot uses various strategies to appear like a real player, and I had to click through 3 warnings when I made that time warp leap. I suppose they are getting smarter in defeating the bot sniffers.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #1277
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
It will happen all the time until they fix it. I agree, it is an asshat move.
Yeah, it's cheap - particularly asshatish to do it to kids/new players.
What's probably worse is after training to raise the level of a gym from 40 to 50k to put that 10th guy in, and having someone jack that last spot in the seconds it takes to plant a guy.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #1278
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

lol. Or you spend 20 minutes taking down/prestiging up a gym just to have a bunch of CP900s fill all the spots. Got a gym to level 7 by repeated beating my 1000 arcanine (have several 8xx starmie with hydropump to cut through it). The arcanine was still gym leader at the end of it.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cracher For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #1279
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think it's pretty asshat-ish, too. I took down a gym a couple weeks ago, and there was a pack of 3 kids around. Every time the gym went neutral, before I could put something in, they'd stick a 10-200cp pokemon in. I can beat those up pretty fast and easy, but it's still pretty poor form.

You lose your gym, suck it up and let it go.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #1280
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

I got pretty pissed at some guy that strolled up and kept increasing the prestige of the gym I was taking down. It just made it slower for both of us; let me put mine in, then you can take it back.

Very surprised there haven't been more altercations because of it. I would never confront someone about a game, but there are people who get more worked up over less.

Ps. Was randomly tracking last night while on my computer using one of the websites and a snorlax appeared ~5-7 minutes away.. with a 4 minute despawn =(