Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #1241
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Yeah. Good to hear they're definitely looking for another top 6er. Absoutely a need.

Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - James Neal/David Perron
Sam Bennett - Elias Lindholm - Matthew Tkachuk
Mark Jankowski - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Curtis Lazar/Spencer Foo - Derek Ryan - Troy Brouwer

JVR a possibility too. As well as the trade route with Minnesota potentially or some other team. Lots of options if they can add a top 6er like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JurassicTunga12 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #1242
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I LOVE that lineup. It allows Lindholm to still be on a really good line with Tka#### and hopefully allow Bennett to break out. The top line just needs another skilled player unless a rookie like Foo turns into another Barzal or something. Having Janko with Backlund would allow them to still have offense and having Backlund with Frolik still makes them a good shut down line. Ryan on the bottom line looks really good too as he'd be a good spark plug and maybe help Brouwer realize he can still play.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:30 AM   #1243
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinL_NHL View Post
At a radio sponsor event today, Treliving mentioned how he's looking to add a depth center (Derek Ryan 99% likely), a top 6 forward and while he likes our D corps, he might not be done changing it up yet.

Also mentioned how at the draft that Adam Fox's agent basically said he's likely not going to sign with any team and will go to free agency (I'm guessing he's Rangers bound)
I don't understand how this option was allowed to exist past the year people figured it out.

Drafting a player with your 66OA who can just decide what team he'd rather play for when he's done college sounds like a something owners should have been making a fuss about.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #1244
rhino
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Maybe college players should be like football players and declare for the draft to be eligible. Then they are subject to the same rules as juniors. If you declare for the draft and do not make the NHL roster you have to commit to a junior program. This way if someone wants to go to university for 1-4 years it is their choice but I don’t believe someone should be able to wait out until they can decide where they play.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rhino For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 07:48 AM   #1245
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

St. Louis, Colorado, Edmonton? Maybe the Russians conditioned Yak to only play well in red uniforms and never blue.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:58 AM   #1246
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brendan Gibbons seems like a guy that would be a good pickup in place of Ryan.. actually seems kinda similar, but apparently Gibbons has some good underlying numbers and is an great skater...sort of like Paul Byron

upgrade for the bottom six imo
Old 06-27-2018, 08:01 AM   #1247
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

waiting for the Tavares shoe to drop. IF somehow the Leafs get Tavares then you would have to think Marner/Nylander might be available due to Cap constraints.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #1248
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

edit: since my original post was so far off... I’m completely changing it.

Marner is not available. He will not be traded.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 06-27-2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Like saying the flames would trade Johnny to sign JT
Old 06-27-2018, 08:06 AM   #1249
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
waiting for the Tavares shoe to drop. IF somehow the Leafs get Tavares then you would have to think Marner/Nylander might be available due to Cap constraints.
I believe the Flames traded their top chip for either of those guys to the Hurricanes. Also they likely won't be available until next summer when Marner and Matthews need their extensions.

I could see Nylander/Kadri available for immediate RHD help but with the Flames trading 2 of their RHD assets they no longer have a surplus. If they were willing to do something around Hamonic and Nylander then there would be interest but I don’t see it

Last edited by Vinny01; 06-27-2018 at 09:06 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #1250
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey Vinny, fix that typo please.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yrebmi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 09:04 AM   #1251
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the odd man out of Toronto if they get Tavares would be Kadri. Would probably allow them to keep all the youth when they need their contracts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #1252
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dan Milstein-Hockey @HockeyAgent1
Rumors that Artemi Panarin is looking to move to a big city so girlfriend can have more modeling opportunities is absolutely not true. She hasn’t modeled in over 3 years. No plans to resume.

What could we realistically offer for Panarin? Right shooting LW, but I feel like he would really round out the top 6. Unreal possession numbers. Imagine having Panarin or Gaudreau on the ice for 40 minutes a game?

He would immediately help the PP (Gaudreau + Panarin, my god), he would force depth down the line-up.

He'd be my target right now. The price simply concerns me, but I would give up a LOT for a signed Panarin.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #1253
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Dan Milstein-Hockey @HockeyAgent1
Rumors that Artemi Panarin is looking to move to a big city so girlfriend can have more modeling opportunities is absolutely not true. She hasn’t modeled in over 3 years. No plans to resume.

What could we realistically offer for Panarin? Right shooting LW, but I feel like he would really round out the top 6. Unreal possession numbers. Imagine having Panarin or Gaudreau on the ice for 40 minutes a game?

He would immediately help the PP (Gaudreau + Panarin, my god), he would force depth down the line-up.

He'd be my target right now. The price simply concerns me, but I would give up a LOT for a signed Panarin.
It'd be nice to get Panarin but realistically Calgary doesn't really have any good bargaining chips outside of maybe Bennett right now.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:22 AM   #1254
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
I think the odd man out of Toronto if they get Tavares would be Kadri. Would probably allow them to keep all the youth when they need their contracts.
I’d be down with this as he somehow has McDavid figured out.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #1255
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Panarin - Backlund - Tkachuk

That would be a great top 6. Gaudreau, Panarin, and Tkachuk are game breakers. Monahan is a sniper, while Lindholm and Backlund have great two way play. I would pay a massive amount for Panarin. I still can't belive Columbus got him for Saad.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #1256
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post

If he doesn’t want to sign right now with CBJ then he’s not gonna want to sign right now with us. Doesn’t really seem like a realistic target considering he looks like he wants to go UFA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #1257
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Panarin - Backlund - Tkachuk

That would be a great top 6. Gaudreau, Panarin, and Tkachuk are game breakers. Monahan is a sniper, while Lindholm and Backlund have great two way play. I would pay a massive amount for Panarin. I still can't belive Columbus got him for Saad.
That does look like a terrific Top 6.

Maybe Columbus would bite on Bennett+Dube+Frolik for Signed Panarin? This is assuming he would want to talk to the Flames.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Panarin-Jankowski-Tkachuk
Reider-Backlund-Foo
Mangiapane-Ryan-Brouwer

I think that would easily be a cup contending forward group, especially if Brouwer bounces back even a tiny bit. My only concern would be if Mangiapane should play bottom line minutes or do we get someone else from FA.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:51 AM   #1258
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bennett + 19 1st + Kylinton + Lazar on the condition that he is willing to extend.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Panarin
Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm
Frolik - Jankowski - Foo
Mangiapane - Ryan - Hathaway
Brouwer
Old 06-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #1259
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

No to trading 1st round picks for a while.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #1260
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m sorry but if it meant a locked up Panarin I’m more than fine with trading the 19 1st in a package.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread