Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #1241
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
Gotcha. Ok makes sense.
Did you miss the scene in the parking lot when he and La Guerta are discussing this in the car?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #1242
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if there will be a plot point where Dexter has to choose between killing Travis and having the DDK case go unsolved (which could cost Deb her promotion), or letting the police make the arrest to close the case (and then finding some other way to kill Travis so that he can't tell the cops about Dexter helping him)?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #1243
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Did you miss the scene in the parking lot when he and La Guerta are discussing this in the car?
I must have. Might have been taking a squirt or maybe the wife was yaking in my ear.

I don't trust this therapist that Deb is seeing. She wants Deb to focus on Dexter. Makes me suspicious of her.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #1244
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

A friend of mine thinks this show has jumped the shark. He was the biggest fan but says it's become too predictable and has gone to crap. This isn't the best season but it's still a really good show. I guess we're all still watching but I'm interested in others' thoughts.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #1245
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did this show reach its pinnacle with Season 4? It's a valid argument but I do know this. I'd rather watch three more seasons of steady decline than any season of CSI, Flashpoint, Criminal Minds or whatever else is on network TV these days.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #1246
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
A friend of mine thinks this show has jumped the shark. He was the biggest fan but says it's become too predictable and has gone to crap. This isn't the best season but it's still a really good show. I guess we're all still watching but I'm interested in others' thoughts.
Totally agree. Gone to crap from what it was in seasons 1 - 4, but still decent.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #1247
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm still gonna watch it and enjoy it, but it just doesn't have the same appeal that it used to have for me.

I'm actually re-watching Season one right now and its night and day.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #1248
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This show is awful now. There are just too many good shows on TV these days to keep watching this one. Unless this season somehow redeems itself in the last few episodes, I think I am done with Dexter.

Did the writers think that nobody has seen Sixth Sense, Fight club, etc? The big "reveal" of this season was obvious from as early as the second episode. I feel like as Dexter has gotten much more popular with every season, it has been dumbed down as a result. It used to be great. Oh well...
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #1249
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't stop watching until Dex gets arrested, killed or whatever resolves his slicing career.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #1250
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I wonder if there will be a plot point where Dexter has to choose between killing Travis and having the DDK case go unsolved (which could cost Deb her promotion), or letting the police make the arrest to close the case (and then finding some other way to kill Travis so that he can't tell the cops about Dexter helping him)?
No chance, the DDK killings will just stop after Dex kills him. Just like the Trinity killings (the cops don't know he's dead, they think he's on the lose after murdering Rita). LaHorta got a promotion after all her unsolved cases. The brother-sister relationship will come into full force when Deb is high up the ladder and finds out Dex is the killer.

Quote:
I can't stop watching until Dex gets arrested, killed or whatever resolves his slicing career.
This!
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #1251
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I'm still gonna watch it and enjoy it, but it just doesn't have the same appeal that it used to have for me.

I'm actually re-watching Season one right now and its night and day.
The key to this show is a solid believable antagonist.

Seasons three and five were pretty average, I've enjoyed the current seasons more then those and is just under the 2nd season.

I truly think the show was only brilliant during the first and 4th seasons.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #1252
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My wife and I must be idiots, we didn't even think of Gellar not existing until we saw him in the freezer. I thought that was very well done.
The next few episodes should be good as Dexter realizes that poor, weak, little Travis was playing him all along. Dexter will not be a happy serial killer.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #1253
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
My wife and I must be idiots, we didn't even think of Gellar not existing until we saw him in the freezer. I thought that was very well done.
The next few episodes should be good as Dexter realizes that poor, weak, little Travis was playing him all along. Dexter will not be a happy serial killer.
Travis isn't playing him, he has a serious case of split personalities going. he genuinely believes that Gellar is alive, which will make how Dexter deals with him very interesting
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #1254
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Either way, my point is it will be interesting to see how Dexter deals with the fact that Travis is not who he thought he was. Dexter went out of his way to help and protect Travis.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #1255
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I don't think you're idiots at all. I probably wouldn't have noticed on my own either. But, if you had little to no life and spend all day in front of computer like I do, you probably would have seen that people were discussing the possibility of a imaginary Geller from the first episode. And that's the problem with a twist like this in a television show. The entire collection of the internet is gonna figure this out when they have a couple months to do so.

People that don't discuss TV online probably wouldn't have seen this coming. I'm sure I wouldn't have. But this used to be a show made for the type of person who discusses TV online, if you know what I mean. Now it is just a "meh" show.

The only way it will hold my attention is if Deb ever actually finds out Dexter is a killer. And I'm not convinced that will ever happen. Has there been an instance in this season where Dexter has even been close to being found out yet? In my opinion, that is when the show is at its best.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #1256
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
But, if you had little to no life and spend all day in front of computer like I do, you probably would have seen that people were discussing the possibility of a imaginary Geller from the first episode.
Word.

I blame Calgary Puck for ruining this season for me.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #1257
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Has there been an instance in this season where Dexter has even been close to being found out yet?
End of last season when Deb walked into the basement and Dexter and whats-her-face were behind the plastic sheet. I thought for sure she knew then, but nothing ever came of it.

I'm sure it's coming eventually though.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #1258
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
End of last season when Deb walked into the basement and Dexter and whats-her-face were behind the plastic sheet. I thought for sure she knew then, but nothing ever came of it.

I'm sure it's coming eventually though.
Also, that Liddy dude as well as Quinn last season. Nothing like that this season off the top of my head. I'm sure the new Chicago cop will be on to him soon though, according to the formula.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #1259
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the writers went to wuss out and made Gellers character in Travis's mind. Ok is that it. Lame but how do the writeres explain that Dexter saw Geller walking accross the Campus when Dexter was with Travis.

Dexter also say imaginary Geller upstairs in the church while Dexter was with Travis and outside running away while Travis was still locked up downstairs. 3 seperate times all while with Travis.

Now this loser married couple. Been a fan since season 1 but this storyline is all over the map. The continuity blows this season.

Travis character is not terrifying at all either just a weird nerd. Not like past seasons where the main villians were manacing. He is just lame.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #1260
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd have to go back and watch the episodes, but I'm pretty sure Dexter never saw Gellar. When I heard of the theory, I made of point of looking out for that kind of thing, and I always remembered Dexter never actually seeing him.

I don't think the writers would make that much of a screw up. As much as I havent liked this season and last, I don't think they'd THAT big of an error.

Once again, I'd have to go back and watch the eps again, but I think I'm right.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote