Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2022, 01:28 PM   #1221
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
Once again, adding nothing.

And yet still not banned. Amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Incorrect. The zen garden front yard treatment is a good addition to this conversation. It could be an interesting idea. Water conscious, fertilizer free, relaxing. Winter would take some thinking, I guess. Maybe you just leave it alone and freshen it up in the spring after the melt.

A nice dry garden surrounded by clover and some small shrubs and bushes? Could be great!

I don't think they ban you for contributing gardening ideas. They don't even ban you for calling people clown and #######, which you'd know. I definitely suggest pursuing a garden idea focused on relaxation though.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 01:29 PM   #1222
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
Once again, adding nothing.

And yet still not banned. Amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Have you considered pleading your case to the mods if you find Pepsi’s posts so offensive?

That’d probably be more productive than trying(unsuccessfully) to shame him.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 01:35 PM   #1223
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
I know this is a joke... but when I saw the Japanese garden in Lethbridge... every time I look at my juniper trees and shrubs, I have inexplicably wanted to sculpt and bonsai the hell out of my juniper plants to make them look unique and cool.

I looked into it and I don't think it would be much more complex equipment wise than a hedge trimmer for basic shape and pruning shears for small branches. After that you can just pluck stray leaves by hand. But then I'd need to know how to evaluate how to bonsai a tree.

The dude at the Japanese garden told me that once you get your branches and shape where you want, you basically just pluck for the upkeep. He said he puts in around 10-20 minutes on an entire 10ft x 10 ft bush there every 2-3 weeks (obviously he's a pro though working on a high traffic garden). He said pinching off the leaves vs using a pruning shear made it softer. He was so damn proud of the rounded juniper bush he was working on and he was saying that pinching it off made it feel softer. As a pleb, I'm certain I could get away with 2-3 times of 10-20 minutes per year of upkeep after it's set up.

DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #1224
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I’ve never had me on ignore. It’s hard enough not to like my own posts. Ignoring myself is out of the question.

You seem upset though. Perhaps mowing your lawn again will calm your nerves? I dunno, I’d hope it has some therapeutic advantage or something. Wax on, wax off kinda thing.

EDIT: actually that gives me a great idea. You should replace your boring lawn with a zen garden. Rake some rocks, trim a little tree. Find your peace. That’d look good in a front yard.
You're not funny. And the bones you pick are ####ing weird.

The portion of CP with their heads on straight who don't find your posts add anything should get together and TP the nasty dead trees on your desolate, grassless property, whatever that monstrosity looks like. And then celly with a BBQ out on one of our lush, immaculate lawns that you hate.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 01:41 PM   #1225
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post

The portion of CP with their heads on straight who don't find your posts add anything should get together and TP the nasty dead trees on your desolate, grassless property, whatever that monstrosity looks like. And then celly with a BBQ out on one of our lush, immaculate lawns that you hate.
That could be fun. It's nice to find a small community with similar interests.

I'd ask you for an invite to the BBQ, but knowing most of you it's probably sous vide chicken breast or something terribly exciting like that. So, you'll just have to enjoy it without me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 01:45 PM   #1226
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This is going to a long off-season if you guys are having a pissing match over lawns.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 02:03 PM   #1227
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
This is going to a long off-season if you guys are having a pissing match over lawns.
Only Pepsi pisses on the actual lawns. He hates seeing a block of solid green during the hot and dry part of summer and so habitually does it to try and put some wizz burns in there.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:13 PM   #1228
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Have you considered pleading your case to the mods if you find Pepsi’s posts so offensive?

That’d probably be more productive than trying(unsuccessfully) to shame him.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:17 PM   #1229
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I get it. You need that block of green to distract you from the cookie cutter homes with driveways full of stupidly huge mall crawlers that don’t fit in the garage because of all the cheap seasonal decoration and other nick knacks and gadgets you bought from Amazon without thinking for a second whether you need it because mindless consumerism is your raison d'être.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #1230
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
but knowing most of you it's probably sous vide chicken breast or something terribly exciting like that.
This hurts.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:28 PM   #1231
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Not that I want to ruin the momentum djsFlames is building here (though to be honest, as much as I like most of you, I strongly prefer to be left out of your pee fantasies as a general rule), but:

Quote:
For example, a single application of urine from a well-hydrated and healthy individual is unlikely to kill your lawn right away
https://lawnmowerguru.com/does-human-urine-kill-grass/

The more you know!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 02:32 PM   #1232
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Not that I want to ruin the momentum djsFlames is building here (though to be honest, as much as I like most of you, I strongly prefer to be left out of your pee fantasies as a general rule), but:

https://lawnmowerguru.com/does-human-urine-kill-grass/

The more you know!
Key thing is it's best to dilute the pee first 1:20 then apply it. So invite people over for a BBQ but first they have to pee in a bucket, then there's a bit more legwork to apply it right. Pro to this though is if you don't like your guests, spraying the lawn while they are on it will be effective.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:34 PM   #1233
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

We’re having fun, right?
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 02:55 PM   #1234
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I read most of Pepsi’s comments as if he’s the hippie from Futurama. Takes the edge off
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 02:55 PM   #1235
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
See below.
I mean, if I cared enough at this moment I could round up all the ridiculously aggressive posts he's made towards me without any direct provocation and have the guy slapped with a suspension. But it's a nice day out and this topic is an amusing distraction.

Shame about the pee. If he does hydrate (hard to say with the amount of time on CP) then he's been watering those sweet lawns all along and inadvertently being a good samaritan to the neighbours. In which case, atta boy.
Old 07-29-2022, 03:00 PM   #1236
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Lighten up, Francis. Put him back on ignore. He’s not doing anything remotely ban-worthy, and many of us enjoy his posts.

And lawns suck. Quit pretending your boring, suburban hellscape is a majestic field of natural wonder.
Meh...it doesnt have to be. I still like it though.

I want to be cryogenically frozen and re-animated in 1000 years when we have no Oil or water and answer questions from the post-apocalyptic denizens of Earth about how we thought we could waste so much without any consequences.

"Well...we just wanted to at the time."

That being said, your lawn doesnt have to be a work of art to be enjoyable. I hate doing the lawnwork but I like seeing and admiring the results.

Furthermore, what I can tell you is that for some people the care and upkeep of plants and lawns is cathartic for their mental health. And we're all about Mental Health now right?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 03:15 PM   #1237
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Furthermore, what I can tell you is that for some people the care and upkeep of plants and lawns is cathartic for their mental health. And we're all about Mental Health now right?
Zen garden, I'm telling you.

Weirdo posters can even imagine me peeing in a zen garden if they need to for their mental health. It's a cure-all.
Old 07-29-2022, 03:20 PM   #1238
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the idea of the Zen garden, but I also like my property to look nice. I just think a lot of the stone scapes look rather drab. I don't spend hours on my lawn, but I like the greenery.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #1239
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I mean, if I cared enough at this moment I could round up all the ridiculously aggressive posts he's made towards me without any direct provocation and have the guy slapped with a suspension. But it's a nice day out and this topic is an amusing distraction.
Topic? Pepsi and Otto were discussing landscaping ideas and you came out of nowhere to start complaining about Pepsi.

Quote:
Shame about the pee. If he does hydrate (hard to say with the amount of time on CP) then he's been watering those sweet lawns all along and inadvertently being a good samaritan to the neighbours. In which case, atta boy.
Seems odd to complain about the amount of time another poster spends on CP in a somewhat passive aggressive manner.

Live and let live djsFlames. Complaining about someone making aggressive posts directed towards you while you’re doing the exact same thing back to them probably isn’t going to accomplish much.

Be the change you want to see.
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 03:34 PM   #1240
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
if you have the patience, paint each blade with Round Up using a foam paint brush.
Tired that. I let the grass grow tall and did the paint-brush thing. Didn’t work…maybe the RoundUp was old. I may try it again. I used a regular brush so maybe that’s the problem.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote