Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 PM   #1221
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
It's from the official Star Wars channel, it was reported on Wired, the date for the Blu-ray/DVD is on Amazon...if it is a prank, it's thorough.
Yeesh man I just joking.
Hockey_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey_Ninja For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #1222
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Not from TFA but thought this was pretty well done for a fan made film.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 07:10 AM   #1223
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Not from TFA but thought this was pretty well done for a fan made film.

That was incredibly well done... Not sure how I feel about Maul showing mercy at the end as it doesn't fit with his character at all, but that was fun.
underGRADFlame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #1224
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Up to 10 new Star Wars films?

Quote:
Two trilogy episodes and three spin-offs are already planned.

Disney are now though working on more projects featuring new and legacy characters. Solo movies for Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu are among the ideas.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment..._medium=banner
Old 03-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #1225
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

What would a solo movie about Obi-Wan even be about? How he spent his time in hiding between episode 3 and 4?

I just want a Jar Jar Binks movie.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #1226
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
What would a solo movie about Obi-Wan even be about? How he spent his time in hiding between episode 3 and 4?

I just want a Jar Jar Binks movie.
There is like a 30-year gap in Obi-Wan's life during that time. Seems like a great candidate for solo films. Plus more Ewan.

Mace Windu though, while plenty of expansion could be done, I just always found him to be a boring character.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #1227
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Obi-Wan can't encounter Vader or even be doing Jedi stuff.

I think it could be a comedy of crazy Ben Kenobi sneaking around the Beru farm trying to keep an eye on Luke, and Uncle Owens screaming at the crazy old b$stard to get off of his lawn? sand? whatever.

But you can't have Ben going up against Vader since Vader hadn't been in the presence of his old master since the fall of the Republic.

Maybe they could do a buddy movie of Obi-wan and a Jawa solving crimes on Tatooine.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #1228
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like we saw the important parts of Obi-Wan's life in the prequels and A New Hope. I can't see a story about what he did while he was in hiding being worth telling.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #1229
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Obi-Wan can't encounter Vader or even be doing Jedi stuff.

I think it could be a comedy of crazy Ben Kenobi sneaking around the Beru farm trying to keep an eye on Luke, and Uncle Owens screaming at the crazy old b$stard to get off of his lawn? sand? whatever.

But you can't have Ben going up against Vader since Vader hadn't been in the presence of his old master since the fall of the Republic.

Maybe they could do a buddy movie of Obi-wan and a Jawa solving crimes on Tatooine.
What about him training with Yoda and/or Qui-Gon (Liam!) to become a force Ghost?

Maybe he tries training an apprentice for a while. That could have some good character elements seeing as his last apprentice became the thing they most feared. He would be very hesitant and wary, and that would possibly drive the apprentice down a dark path as well.

Perhaps no direct contact with Vader, but he could be working on covert missions with the Rebels.

If Rey does end up being his granddaughter, there's a whole story there as well.

Trying to find any Jedi that may be left over from order 66.

Lots of paths to go down IMO.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #1230
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
What about him training with Yoda and/or Qui-Gon (Liam!) to become a force Ghost?

Maybe he tries training an apprentice for a while. That could have some good character elements seeing as his last apprentice became the thing they most feared. He would be very hesitant and wary, and that would possibly drive the apprentice down a dark path as well.

Perhaps no direct contact with Vader, but he could be working on covert missions with the Rebels.

If Rey does end up being his granddaughter, there's a whole story there as well.

At the end of episode 3, Yoda tell Obi that Qui-Gon's spirit has returned to give Obi more training. So Obi wasn't just chilling out for 20 years.

Maybe a lot of that 20 years was just spent doing more meditation/spiritual training. Disappearing as you die, isn't as flashy as lifting x-wings or shooting lightning bolts.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #1231
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

[QUOTE=MattyC;5664344]What about him training with Yoda and/or Qui-Gon (Liam!) to become a force Ghost? [quote]

I don't know how interesting that would be unless he had to suffer or quest for it.

Quote:
I don't know its an interesting idea, but the gist of the last conversation between Yoda and Obi-wan was that they would vanish until the time is right. In Rebels his holocron message would be that a new hope would arise, but to Obi that new hope was probably Luke and Leia. I also figure that Obi-Wan would not want to train a apprentice at that point because he had to be hugely scarred by his apprentices fall.

I would argue that it would be the other way, if Obi found a force sensitive he would actively try to dissuade his force growth. at the point between ROTS and ANH it seems like being a jedi or even a force sensitive would lead to death or corruption.

Quote:
All it would take would be one Storm Trooper or Imperial to see a Jedi for everything to unravel for Obi-Wan, if he called attention to himself, it could lead to the discovery of Luke and or Leia, and I doubt that Obi-wan would want to take the chance. Its interesting, but I like the idea of Rogue one where there are no Jedi. As far as Yoda and Obi-Wan want it to be, the Jedi are extinct.

Quote:
I doubt that they would give away a secret like that in a book, when they would want to save it for a movie.

Quote:

This would intrigue me if it was Kenobi trying to stop them not find them.

What if you had a band of Jedi that found each other and decided that they wanted to attack the Empire. They wanted revenge. Obi -Wan is like this is a whole bag full of bad idea. This is why they sent the Jedi Beacon message out to any survivors to vanish and go into hiding, the Jedi are extinct. But this band of Jedi star attacking the Empire but they get more and more ruthless. Obi Wan tries to find them to tell them that what they're doing is wrong. They snatch him and try to convert him to their cause. Obi-Wan realizes that they're close to if not fallen Jedi. He escapes just in time to see the Imperial fleet arrive and he watches from a distance as Vader arrives and slaughters them all. Obi-Wan returns to Tatooine and vows to never leave again or take the chance of revealing himself and jeopardizing the twins.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #1232
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I imagine thats only short-term planning. I dont think theres going to be a limit.

Its no longer limited to Lucas anymore, those shackles are off. Disney is going to cram this down our throats for eternity.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #1233
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I don't know how interesting that would be unless he had to suffer or quest for it.
Yeah, I don't think you could make a whole movie out of it, but it would probably be a good starting point for a solo film.

Quote:
I don't know its an interesting idea, but the gist of the last conversation between Yoda and Obi-wan was that they would vanish until the time is right. In Rebels his holocron message would be that a new hope would arise, but to Obi that new hope was probably Luke and Leia. I also figure that Obi-Wan would not want to train a apprentice at that point because he had to be hugely scarred by his apprentices fall.

I would argue that it would be the other way, if Obi found a force sensitive he would actively try to dissuade his force growth. at the point between ROTS and ANH it seems like being a jedi or even a force sensitive would lead to death or corruption.

This would intrigue me if it was Kenobi trying to stop them not find them.

What if you had a band of Jedi that found each other and decided that they wanted to attack the Empire. They wanted revenge. Obi -Wan is like this is a whole bag full of bad idea. This is why they sent the Jedi Beacon message out to any survivors to vanish and go into hiding, the Jedi are extinct. But this band of Jedi star attacking the Empire but they get more and more ruthless. Obi Wan tries to find them to tell them that what they're doing is wrong. They snatch him and try to convert him to their cause. Obi-Wan realizes that they're close to if not fallen Jedi. He escapes just in time to see the Imperial fleet arrive and he watches from a distance as Vader arrives and slaughters them all. Obi-Wan returns to Tatooine and vows to never leave again or take the chance of revealing himself and jeopardizing the twins.
Yeah that would be interesting actually. Him trying to track them down before Vader does and get them to hide. Maybe it even comes to a few lightsaber duels with dark Jedi looking for vengeance.

I do think that him having an apprentice would be interesting, just for the paths it could eventually go down. Maybe ends up becoming Vader's apprentice. Maybe tries to take vengeance on Vader and dies. maybe Vader recognizes his master's training in the padewan and we see the first hint of humanity in Vader when he decides not to pursue the feeling further? Or showing his own brand of arrogance (as the Jedi did before) in not considering it to be a threat. He said "he hasn't felt his presence since..." doesn't really specify a time.

Quote:
I doubt that they would give away a secret like that in a book, when they would want to save it for a movie.
I was under the assumption that Rey's identity would be revealed before the Obi Wan film.

Quote:
All it would take would be one Storm Trooper or Imperial to see a Jedi for everything to unravel for Obi-Wan, if he called attention to himself, it could lead to the discovery of Luke and or Leia, and I doubt that Obi-wan would want to take the chance. Its interesting, but I like the idea of Rogue one where there are no Jedi. As far as Yoda and Obi-Wan want it to be, the Jedi are extinct.
Yeah when I said covert, I mean REALLY covert. Like stuff that would never actually have him in sight of anyone (or not supposed to). And he doesn;t have to be doing Jedi things (ie having lightsaber battles, using powers in sight of people, etc..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
At the end of episode 3, Yoda tell Obi that Qui-Gon's spirit has returned to give Obi more training. So Obi wasn't just chilling out for 20 years.

Maybe a lot of that 20 years was just spent doing more meditation/spiritual training. Disappearing as you die, isn't as flashy as lifting x-wings or shooting lightning bolts.
There's an episode arc near the end of Clone Wars where Yoda does his force ghost training and it's actually pretty interesting. He has to confront his fears and the parts of him that may lead to the dark side. Has to accept them as part of who he is instead of rejecting them. very similar to Luke's experience in "the cave" but more drawn out and internal. I couldn't make a whole film, but would definitely be an interesting element. Especially if Qui-Gon was involved.

Last edited by Coach; 03-07-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #1234
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd love to see one of those movies be from an imp perspective. Something along the lines of Tie Fighter, where Imp propaganda is so efficient that the Rebellion is truly viewed as a terrorist group.

Maybe you have a platoon of Storm Troopers or Commando's and they think they're doing the right thing and they're fighting what they believe are terrorists.

You can have the moral questions at the end where they realize that maybe not everything that comes from Imperial Command is right and true.

you could have it right after the Death Star destruction of ANH and Imperial Propaganda shows that the explosion on Alderaan was caused by Alderaan hiding WMD's for the rebels and that the Death Star hadn't fired or had but there's no laser in the universe that could destroy a planet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #1235
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want to see an Ewok movie.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #1236
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
I want to see an Ewok movie.

CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #1237
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'd love to see one of those movies be from an imp perspective. Something along the lines of Tie Fighter, where Imp propaganda is so efficient that the Rebellion is truly viewed as a terrorist group.

Maybe you have a platoon of Storm Troopers or Commando's and they think they're doing the right thing and they're fighting what they believe are terrorists.

You can have the moral questions at the end where they realize that maybe not everything that comes from Imperial Command is right and true.

you could have it right after the Death Star destruction of ANH and Imperial Propaganda shows that the explosion on Alderaan was caused by Alderaan hiding WMD's for the rebels and that the Death Star hadn't fired or had but there's no laser in the universe that could destroy a planet.
That would be great. A satirical tone ala Starship Troopers and Hell Divers (videogame)? Or more serious?
Old 03-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #1238
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I would almost want to see it more serious.

Starship Troopers was brilliant in a lot of ways because everything came across as a giant propaganda film with the virtuous almost too perfect looking hero volunteers.

But then they almost brushed off the brutal nature of that society and how it was probably far worse then any facist regime.

I've always imagined that the Empire in the Inner Rim was a pretty popular thing, because the wealth congregates to the middle and probably the pure humans congregated in the middle rim.

I thing that the Rebellion was more of a outer ring thing where the Empire really didn't enforce its laws or clean up the corruption out there.

I just think that it would be really neat to see some sparkly eyed soldier of the Empire fresh from basic training and he's idealist and he thinks he's doing the right thing and he eats the propaganda with his spoon.

then he gets to the outer rim, and runs into grizzled vets, the crazies the atrocities on both side and he comes to that moment where he can give up and just do what he's told or rebel.

One of the best things about the clone wars is we got to see the clones under the helmets and they were all too human.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #1239
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed CC. I just finished Clone Wars and my favorite aspect of it was that it didn't play favorites with "good" or "bad". You could really feel the propagandized nature of the republic and the misuse of/by the Jedi. It really made you feel Anakin's frustration with the Order and why the Jedi could have easily been vilified/scapegoated.

Such a shame that none of that really came through in the prequels.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #1240
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

How about a movie where an Imperial ship is sent to investigate a derelict planet and the platoon of Stormtroopers landing in a Shuttle discover the offworld colony appears to have been abandoned with no trace of the local population...
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote