Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2023, 10:43 PM   #12201
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Fool us 281,298,183 times, shame on us.

Time to ignore and move on, everyone.
Yes and no. There are mostly posters that know his nonsense. But there may be the odd person stumble by without knowing his priors and not know. Better to have a rebuttal nearby then move on
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:44 PM   #12202
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post

In 2014 the US (and the west) should not have backed the people's uprising against Russian pressure. The spark that set off Euromaidan was Yanukovych cancelling the EU accession in favour of Russian deals and loans. Yanukovich was sentenced for high treason for selling out his country. FFS, we have the receipts with Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort, remember???? He remains the least popular president of all time in Ukraine. This was not a western operation but an uprising against Russian puppetry. Again, remove the will of the people and you can maybe fit it into this narrative.
Yanukovych was such a POS. He sold out as soon as Russia offered to pay him. If there was ever a case to support overthrowing the government, that was it.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 08-12-2023 at 10:50 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2023, 12:08 AM   #12203
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Yes and no. There are mostly posters that know his nonsense. But there may be the odd person stumble by without knowing his priors and not know. Better to have a rebuttal nearby then move on
There's been huge debate on this board (including a full thread) on how to deal with Yoho's misinformation. Some want him banned, others want everything treated with kid gloves and respect.

To me the way it's been dealt with lately is perfect. Rather then pages of posters going crazy, just 1-3 posts that quickly and efficiently refute what he's posting. It won't change him, but it will sway the casual posters who may not be well versed in what's going on and susceptible to misinformation. And then we move on. It's been working wel lately.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2023, 06:46 PM   #12204
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Wow this is so much bull#### I don't even have the time to even start a rebuttal.
If you believe it maybe it's time to move to Russia. ��

https://www.change.org/p/get-alexand...is-off-youtube

Last edited by Cheese; 08-13-2023 at 07:11 PM.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 09:43 AM   #12205
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
There's been huge debate on this board (including a full thread) on how to deal with Yoho's misinformation. Some want him banned, others want everything treated with kid gloves and respect.

To me the way it's been dealt with lately is perfect. Rather then pages of posters going crazy, just 1-3 posts that quickly and efficiently refute what he's posting. It won't change him, but it will sway the casual posters who may not be well versed in what's going on and susceptible to misinformation. And then we move on. It's been working wel lately.
I just chalk it up to him/her being a certain word I'm not allowed to use on this site and leave it at that. Because you'd have to be literally be that word to believe the stuff he/she posts. Some people are just made like that, and it's fine. We're all special and unique in our own ways.

Didn't bother watching it, but everything in that tweet goes out the window the second Finland joined and russia literally removed troops from their borders and had nothing to say about it. At that point there is literally nothing left to debate on the topic and only a fool would keep rambling on about it.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2023, 10:12 AM   #12206
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I just chalk it up to him/her being a certain word I'm not allowed to use on this site and leave it at that. Because you'd have to be literally be that word to believe the stuff he/she posts. Some people are just made like that, and it's fine. We're all special and unique in our own ways.

Didn't bother watching it, but everything in that tweet goes out the window the second Finland joined and russia literally removed troops from their borders and had nothing to say about it. At that point there is literally nothing left to debate on the topic and only a fool would keep rambling on about it.
Russia has said quite a lot about Finland joining Nato, and they do talk quite a lot about Finland in Russian media. Bad things, obviously.

It's just that no one really cares. It kind of barely registers here in Finland, it's become kind of a constant background noise we've grown to live with.

(The news about and also largely in Finland is mostly about our new clown show far right government and the way they've already cratered our image internationally even though they haven't even got to work yet. There's also a pretty realistic-looking chance that the new government will fail a vote of confidence at it's first proper session when the parliament comes back from it's summer vacation, because the moderate right has suddenly started to realize (under social media pressure) that waiddaminute, that far right party we're in coalition with has racist extremists and cryptonazis in it. The surprise and shock!)

But yeah, Russia hasn't actually done anything. Well, beyond sending some Finnish diplomats packing, the usual "we are outraged!" stuff.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:26 AM   #12207
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post

is the word

> ####
> ##########
> #######
> ####face

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:56 AM   #12208
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
is the word

> ####
> ##########
> #######
> ####face

No, sorry, the word we were looking for is "######." Yes sorry, the answer was "######". Unfortunately you have lost this round and the other team now gets the next question.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 08:10 AM   #12209
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ruble collapses to 100-1. Russia central bank raises interest rates 3.5% to over 12%. Let the money printing and 90s Soviet collapse hyperinflation begin.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/15/russ...le-plunge.html
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2023, 08:36 AM   #12210
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wonder who the next Putler will be. I bet this one is in concrete shoes in the black sea by October.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 07:23 AM   #12211
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Amazing footage from the drone attack on the Kerch bridge showing not only the bridge was undefended and UA has access to the bridges security cameras

* edited as it was from the July 17 attack apparently not the most recent one
https://twitter.com/user/status/1691723437050380571

Last edited by Firebot; 08-16-2023 at 07:33 AM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2023, 10:44 AM   #12212
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

It will be a top 5 day in my life when that stupid bridge is destroyed and at the bottom of the sea.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 07:28 AM   #12213
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ukraine knocked 2 - KA-52 attack choppers out of the air today.

Getting expensive for the Ruskies @ ~16M each

https://twitter.com/user/status/1692101458970193965
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 07:49 AM   #12214
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Russia has visually lost 1/3 of their prewar KA-52 Alligator fleet.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM   #12215
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good. Those things are causing a lot of grief. Good to see them adapting and more of them going down. Hopefully the pilots and crew went down in the same blaze of glory.
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 10:29 AM   #12216
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or in a blaze of #### filled pants
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 12:43 PM   #12217
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Ukraine knocked 2 - KA-52 attack choppers out of the air today.

Getting expensive for the Ruskies @ ~16M each

https://twitter.com/user/status/1692101458970193965
When ever Robotyne is mentioned, my brain desperately wants it to be a drone or a weapon system or something, instead of a place.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 01:22 PM   #12218
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
When ever Robotyne is mentioned, my brain desperately wants it to be a drone or a weapon system or something, instead of a place.
In my head, I always thought of it as Cyberdyne's intellectually challenged knockoff cousin.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 01:58 PM   #12219
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

An interesting article that I read regarding the pivotal point Ukraine and the west is at with regards to support for this offensive.

Bottom line is that everybody needs to get onto the same page and have clearly outlined set of goals and objectives. Military needs to ensure they are truly ready and capable of piercing defensive positions if they go all in, Political leadership in Zelensky needs to understand that this will be grueling and his posture of returning to 91 borders will be difficult and expensive in blood.

American and NATO partners need to quit the BS and figure out if they actually want Ukraine to win and if so, arm they properly or just change directions. A very key point that really stood out to me was if Ukraine's military leadership were NATO general's, they would have said HELL NO to this offensive based on lack of air power and other weaponry.

The longer this drags out to this level, the longer Russia ends up winning by sheer destruction of Ukraine. My thinking has changed in that everything the west has done in terms of sanctions, seizures, arrest warrants for Putin and more really hasn't had any material impact on Russian war efforts.

Too many things were suppose to have happened by now that were devastating for Russia that havent materialized to the degree we all want.

https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-pi...ership-1819564
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 02:10 PM   #12220
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it time to loan Ukraine a half a dozen MQ's
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atrocity , badass zelensky , lying russians , mad man , sneaky fn russian , war sucks