Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2023, 05:06 PM   #12181
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
wait a handy?
Groped erect penis over pants. Also vaped and blew smoke at pregnant woman who complained.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 06:44 PM   #12182
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Jungle Gym has flip flopped and has decided to try a third round of votes. What an embarrassment the GOP is!
Old 10-20-2023, 09:15 AM   #12183
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Third floor vote right now, and it's obviously dead again before we even get to the letter C. Jordan is such a clown for calling these floor votes that have zero chance, what else is new. He'll only lose support from here on out.

Temporarily expand McHenry's role and be done with this GOP clownshow.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:42 AM   #12184
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems that Jordan will keep calling votes until the brinkmanship of Nov 18 arrives.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:47 AM   #12185
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Maybe Gym is going to treat this like voting for the pope.. it's an interesting strategy.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:55 AM   #12186
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad he's failing big time, but 194 Republicans still voting for this man as second in command is scary and depressing.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2023, 11:13 AM   #12187
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Judge in NY fraud trial threatened to jail Trump after they found his campaign website had a copy of the Truth Trump made and then removed that made the judge gag him in that case.

"In the current overheated climate, incendiary comments can and in some cases already has, led to serious physical harm and worse. I will now allow the defendants to explain why this blatant violation of the gag order would not result in serious sanctions, including financial sanctions and/or possibly imprisoning him," said Engoron

Trump's response is to say white Jesus is also on trial?

Old 10-20-2023, 12:21 PM   #12188
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booo 3 time loser Gym Jordan gave up!

I was loving watching this vote and revote and revote.lol
Old 10-20-2023, 12:26 PM   #12189
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Judge in NY fraud trial threatened to jail Trump after they found his campaign website had a copy of the Truth Trump made and then removed that made the judge gag him in that case.

"In the current overheated climate, incendiary comments can and in some cases already has, led to serious physical harm and worse. I will now allow the defendants to explain why this blatant violation of the gag order would not result in serious sanctions, including financial sanctions and/or possibly imprisoning him," said Engoron

They so look very guilty
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 12:32 PM   #12190
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1715427835081326754

I hope this doesn't lead to a government shutdown where 2 million don't get paid on time, but man I'm enjoying the absolute #### show that is the republican party right now... looks good on the ghouls.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2023, 12:40 PM   #12191
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Booo 3 time loser Gym Jordan gave up!

I was loving watching this vote and revote and revote.lol

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 12:57 PM   #12192
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1715427835081326754

I hope this doesn't lead to a government shutdown where 2 million don't get paid on time, but man I'm enjoying the absolute #### show that is the republican party right now... looks good on the ghouls.
Bacon, Buck and Miller Meeks have also spoken about the death threats they and their families have received over the past couple of days, so I'm not surprised there's many Republicans who don't want to publicly vote against the cult.

Not that there's a whole lot of pity from me, mind you. The GOP itself has created this monster when they blindly followed the cult leader, even after January 6. Hard to put the indicted genie back into the bottle.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1715433861117542576
Old 10-20-2023, 01:16 PM   #12193
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If there ever was a time to create a new centrist party, now would be it. Get slightly over 1/3 on either side to join up, ditch the crazies, they would have it made. Run someone under 70 for President while you are at it.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:18 PM   #12194
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Democrats ARE the centrist party.
Red Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Red Slinger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2023, 01:24 PM   #12195
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forgive my limited knowledge in this realm of American politics, but can someone explain to me why the House Speaker is such a big deal? I'm actually unsure as to why there's so much coverage of it.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:26 PM   #12196
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post

Ummm... that's not Jesus.

That's Zakk Wylde.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:31 PM   #12197
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Kenneth Chesebro, a Donald Trump co-defendant in Georgia, pleads guilty in election conspiracy case

Quote:
Kenneth Chesebro, a co-defendant with Donald Trump in the Georgia election conspiracy case, on Friday became the third person to plead guilty to a felony in the conspiracy to interfere in the 2020 election.

Chesebro, a lawyer who advised the Trump campaign, was initially charged as part of the broader racketeering conspiracy with developing the plan for fake presidential electors to support Trump despite him losing the state to President Joe Biden. He faced the overall racketeering charge and a half-dozen charges dealing with fake electors.

Chesebro, whose trial was scheduled to begin Monday, pleaded guilty to a single charge of conspiracy to commit filing false documents. He agreed to serve five years on probation, pay a $5,000 restitution and testify against others in future cases. His agreement fell under Georgia's First Offender Act, which will clear his record if he successfully completes his probation.

"Guilty," said Chesebro, whose trial was scheduled to begin Monday.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/kenneth-ch...163058476.html
Old 10-20-2023, 01:35 PM   #12198
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Forgive my limited knowledge in this realm of American politics, but can someone explain to me why the House Speaker is such a big deal? I'm actually unsure as to why there's so much coverage of it.
I don’t know much either other than the Speaker is 3rd in the succession order. So if Republicans manage to assassinate the president and vice president, then their chosen Speaker becomes dictator.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM   #12199
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
A few things:

- 3nd in line to government should the President be unable to serve. So, in theory, if Biden and Harris were to get abducted by aliens or something, we could have witnessed a President Jim Jordan.
- Most business of the House of Representatives cannot progress unless a Speaker has been elected. There is a temporary Speaker (McHenry), but the role is only to provide continuity of government (it was introduce post 9/11 for the reasons you likely suspect) and is only there to guide debate of the next elected Speaker. It can be expanded upon but requires majority vote. Which might be hard unless a serious issue (e.g. emergency budgets) comes up.
- The Speaker does a lot of work orchestrating the House's daily business, but my guess is that it's more party driven than the role really suggests.

So, long story short, voting is basically all the House can do until they actually name a Speaker. Or expand the role of the temporary Speaker.

Last edited by kirant; 10-20-2023 at 01:44 PM.
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kirant For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2023, 02:01 PM   #12200
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would you enter into a criminal conspiracy with a guy named Cheese Bro? There's never been a more slam dunk name for a guy that will rat you out.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post: